• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Eagles EDGE Haason Reddick Receives Permission to Seek a Trade

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,063.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think what @fightinfunbags is saying is what the Eagles are thinking here, that they can let him seek a trade and thus find out what his market value is, which could help them renegotiate his deal. But there is always the risk that it doesn't work and he just holds out or something. There were some weird vibes at the end of the season in Philly and I also wonder if certain players may get dealt for locker room chemistry issues.
When was the last time you remember the Eagles trading a player with his production over a contract dispute?

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 150.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can't think of one in the current era. Bottom line is that Reddick is under contract and Philly doesn't need to do anything. But that doesn't mean they will find a way to make him happy either.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,063.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can't think of one in the current era. Bottom line is that Reddick is under contract and Philly doesn't need to do anything. But that doesn't mean they will find a way to make him happy either.
Like most players with his track record, he’s not playing on the last year of his deal. If he doesn’t get a new deal or a trade he holds out. It’s in both parties interests to get something done. The Eagles start low. Reddick starts by asking for Bosa, Garrett, Watts money. This is just a negotiation.

Jiddy

I wear my Meatball Badge with honor.
Hoopla Cash
$ 800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That’s a silly projection. Most teams salary structure isn’t going to entail paying a LB 10-12 million per year. The Eagles blue print is pretty well established. They pay pass rushers. They have little waiting in the wings and will have to pay them. This exact tactic was used last year with the same exact wording from Ian Rapport for Darius Slay who resigned with the Eagles. Roseman likely offered a new contract and he’s balking at the numbers. This is Roseman saying “Don’t believe me on your market? Go see what it is and then we can talk again”.

I don't see where any of this guarantees he will be an Eagle next year after a request to seek a trade?

I agree LB's aren't paid by "most teams"...Then again...At least a 1/3 of the league would pay such a salarys...Our LB left for the highest LB contract in the NFL months after this:

This certainly feels like a negotiating tactic on Smith’s part, one done on the morning of Family Fest, no doubt (which was a nice touch by Smith). Perhaps the two sides can still find a way to get an extension done.

Will the Bears get a deal done with Roquan Smith?

• Yes 65.71%
  • No 34.29%

You can throw the "silly projection" thing my way as there is no such thing as an identical example. Most important is we both know everything you said in the quoted post above is conjecture.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,063.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't see where any of this guarantees he will be an Eagle next year after a request to seek a trade?

I agree LB's aren't paid by "most teams"...Then again...At least a 1/3 of the league would pay such a salarys...Our LB left for the highest LB contract in the NFL months after this:

This certainly feels like a negotiating tactic on Smith’s part, one done on the morning of Family Fest, no doubt (which was a nice touch by Smith). Perhaps the two sides can still find a way to get an extension done.

• Yes 65.71%
  • No 34.29%

You can throw the "silly projection" thing my way as there is no such thing as an identical example. Most important is we both know everything you said in the quoted post above is conjecture.
Conjecture that’s consistent with past practice from the Eagles organization.

Jiddy

Hoopla Cash
$ 800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Conjecture

04311ed4519f89aa1747fd33c1b57365_w200.gif

Whatever...I hope you get ya boy back. The Don Fangio will do him right on the field.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

• Yes 65.71%
  • No 34.29%

You have to look at team history with each particular circumstance.
Also, is the team contending now or anytime in the near future?

The Bears didn’t want to fork up that much money to a player when they weren’t going to contend right now. The Eagles time is now or until they find a pass rusher in the draft or some replacement.

Jiddy

Hoopla Cash
$ 800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You have to look at team history with each particular circumstance.
Also, is the team contending now or anytime in the near future?

The Bears didn’t want to fork up that much money to a player when they weren’t going to contend right now. The Eagles time is now or until they find a pass rusher in the draft or some replacement.

The Bears paid Tremaine Edmunds 18 mill per year (4th highest LB contract in NFL) a few months later...So...What?

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Bears paid Tremaine Edmunds 18 mill per year (4th highest LB contract in NFL) a few months later...So...What?
Kinda proves my point, it all depends on the circumstance. Bears are contending and already paid a LB big money.

Are the Bears going to invest over $40M in two LB’s…probably not. It sucks they couldn’t get a 1st for him though. He is arguably the best LB in the NFL now. Warner might be 1

Jiddy

Hoopla Cash
$ 800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Haason Reddick said Tuesday that he never requested to be traded by the Philadelphia Eagles, days after a source confirmed to ESPN that the team granted the edge rusher permission to seek a trade.

GIT YO SH*T TOGETHER PHILLY.

fastforward

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,832.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's due $15.5M in 2024, and it's the last year of his contract. The Eagles won't want him to leave as a FA in 2025 but they won't want to tag him either. It looks like a negotiating tactic with the Eagles trying to get other teams to figure out what his fair market price is. The Eagles will let him negotiate elsewhere, but it doesn't mean they're willing to trade him.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kinda proves my point, it all depends on the circumstance. Bears are contending and already paid a LB big money.

Are the Bears going to invest over $40M in two LB’s…probably not. It sucks they couldn’t get a 1st for him though. He is arguably the best LB in the NFL now. Warner might be 1

Wait, the Bears are contending? They were 7-10.

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wait, the Bears are contending? They were 7-10.
They were 3 chokes away from being 10-7, which would have gotten them into the playoffs. This is not to give some bullshit excuse for those three losses. Bottom line is bad teams blow winning games. But at least they were in them for most of each game. Something to build on. I expect the Bears to contend next year. Maybe they'll get in the postseason, maybe not. But expectations for this are reasonable.

fastforward

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,832.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They were 3 chokes away from being 10-7, which would have gotten them into the playoffs. This is not to give some bullshit excuse for those three losses. Bottom line is bad teams blow winning games. But at least they were in them for most of each game. Something to build on. I expect the Bears to contend next year. Maybe they'll get in the postseason, maybe not. But expectations for this are reasonable.
Strange team. Their points differentials were +40 at home and -59 on the road. At least the NFC teams play 9 games at home in 2024.

Thruthefog

Can'tre Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The NFC North is going to be brutal next year.