• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Eagles EDGE Haason Reddick Receives Permission to Seek a Trade

Jiddy

I wear my Meatball Badge with honor.
Hoopla Cash
$ 800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That’s a silly projection. Most teams salary structure isn’t going to entail paying a LB 10-12 million per year. The Eagles blue print is pretty well established. They pay pass rushers. They have little waiting in the wings and will have to pay them. This exact tactic was used last year with the same exact wording from Ian Rapport for Darius Slay who resigned with the Eagles. Roseman likely offered a new contract and he’s balking at the numbers. This is Roseman saying “Don’t believe me on your market? Go see what it is and then we can talk again”.
Yeah…

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 150.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They didn't get squat for him and still did the deal. That tells me there was more than money involved here. I think there must have been some chemistry/fit issues with Reddick. This is a guy who has put up double digit sacks yet been let go now by three different franchises.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,063.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah I screwed the pooch on this one. This was a horrible deal. If he played for the Eagles this year and walked after this season they likely get a 3rd round compensatory pick in 2026. The Eagles better be right on Sweat, Huff, and Nolan Smith. The only reason a team should do this is if they’re convinced the relationship is done and the player would be a negative in the locker room.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah I screwed the pooch on this one. This was a horrible deal. If he played for the Eagles this year and walked after this season they likely get a 3rd round compensatory pick in 2026. The Eagles better be right on Sweat, Huff, and Nolan Smith. The only reason a team should do this is if they’re convinced the relationship is done and the player would be a negative in the locker room.
The comp pick and the fact that the pick they are getting back is in 2026 is what makes it a shitty deal on its face for Philly. Reddick should get the 10 sacks if healthy. Will the Jets play him enough snaps to get make it a second with a couple first round picks also at that spot and probably also looking to still add a good run down DE? Again, they should. But that draft pick is still 2 years away. It's a salary cap dump and maybe Reddick was putting out feelers that he would hold out. The other possibility I mentioned a while back is the Eagles had a locker room problem last year that seemed to play a role in their historic collapse and are now losing two leaders to retirement. Maybe Reddick was one of the guys seen as a problem from that perspective because there is little doubt they are a better team with him on the field on 3rd downs than without him.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,063.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The comp pick and the fact that the pick they are getting back is in 2026 is what makes it a shitty deal on its face for Philly. Reddick should get the 10 sacks if healthy. Will the Jets play him enough snaps to get make it a second with a couple first round picks also at that spot and probably also looking to still add a good run down DE? Again, they should. But that draft pick is still 2 years away. It's a salary cap dump and maybe Reddick was putting out feelers that he would hold out. The other possibility I mentioned a while back is the Eagles had a locker room problem last year that seemed to play a role in their historic collapse and are now losing two leaders to retirement. Maybe Reddick was one of the guys seen as a problem from that perspective because there is little doubt they are a better team with him on the field on 3rd downs than without him.
I think this one was more locker room than cap. I don’t think they get much cap relief here because of the dead cap. I’d even assess that they saw something with his tape from last year that has them bailing on the player. It may even be a result of the change in defensive coordinator.

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He needs a special position to really be effective. Not every defense can use him well.

But he did fuck up Purdy. Just needed one offensive play to get the trophy here and he didn't get it.
Fpbp

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think this one was more locker room than cap. I don’t think they get much cap relief here because of the dead cap. I’d even assess that they saw something with his tape from last year that has them bailing on the player. It may even be a result of the change in defensive coordinator.
Cap as compared to resigning him And giving him a huge deal. Also cleans up his dead money this year and keeps next year clean, but more meant they weren’t looking to give him $20M plus per year

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 150.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I really think it must have been a locker room issue. Yes, they save money, but they could have afforded to keep him this season and get the comp pick, so they must have concluded they really needed him out of that locker room.

Breed

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He only cost money. Any pick you get for him is an extra get. This is how you can use free agency to manipulate your assets. Howie is a genius.
Looks like Wile E Coyote Howie just got Road Runner-ed eh.

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looks like Wile E Coyote Howie just got Road Runner-ed eh.
Read what I wrote again. It all worked to plan. Almost won the SB taking the risk as well. They signed a guy in FA in 2022 and will get a pick for him in 2026. Resource maxxing.

Breed

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Read what I wrote again. It all worked to plan. Almost won the SB taking the risk as well. They signed a guy in FA in 2022 and will get a pick for him in 2026. Resource maxxing.

We're counting almost won a SB as it all worked out eh. Interesting. Resource maxxing is cool. Production/results from said resources is where its at. Will the Eagles get the same production from the 3rd rd pk, possibly 2nd rd pk they receive in the trade.

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We're counting almost won a SB as it all worked out eh. Interesting. Resource maxxing is cool. Production/results from said resources is where its at. Will the Eagles get the same production from the 3rd rd pk, possibly 2nd rd pk they receive in the trade.
Reddick had 27 sacks here in two years and in two more we'll have a 3rd round pick for a guy that cost only money in free agency.

Breed

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Reddick had 27 sacks here in two years and in two more we'll have a 3rd round pick for a guy that cost only money in free agency.
Sure, maybe even a second if Riddick balls 9000. It could work out for both, one or neither team. I'm just saying it's a little early to be calling it a genius move.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sure, maybe even a second if Riddick balls 9000. It could work out for both, one or neither team. I'm just saying it's a little early to be calling it a genius move.

It's basically a nothing move, a small to decent upgrade on your compensatory pick if he would've left next season. But to achieve that, you don't get his last year that was on his contract this season.

Time for some of that Georgia depth to start paying off.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,063.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's basically a nothing move, a small to decent upgrade on your compensatory pick if he would've left next season. But to achieve that, you don't get his last year that was on his contract this season.

Time for some of that Georgia depth to start paying off.
I still think it’s a mistake to part with their best pass rusher for little beyond the compensation they would have received when he walked in FA anyway. There was also an opportunity here to restructure him, make him happy, and then have money for a Justin Simmons signing. I think this is a misstep.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I still think it’s a mistake to part with their best pass rusher for little beyond the compensation they would have received when he walked in FA anyway. There was also an opportunity here to restructure him, make him happy, and then have money for a Justin Simmons signing. I think this is a misstep.

It's not a "holy crap" error, just more of a lost opportunity. Shake your head and move on I guess.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,063.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's not a "holy crap" error, just more of a lost opportunity. Shake your head and move on I guess.
And as you pointed out, it’s time for the youth to step up, primarily Nolan Smith.

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And as you pointed out, it’s time for the youth to step up, primarily Nolan Smith.
I was surprised at the subpar performance Smith put forth last year. At the time of the draft. I had him pegged as one of the sure-fire rookie stars, and he was really high on my list. Still plenty of time to right the ship, but as you suggest, he needs to step up and assert himself.