• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Eagles Free Agency & Draft 2020

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just can't see the Birds trading back. A lot would have to go wrong here. No center, linebacker, etc. in the first round. I really hope they stand pat and select the best WR. I don't see anything in round 1 but a wide receiver selection. I doubt they will be disappointed with who's left at #21.
The problem is the WRs available at #21 really aren't worth the pick. And the one that goes at #40 will be the same quality.

Rey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I fear that Howie's pride may get in the way when it comes to the plan at WR. He drafted JJ Arcega-Whiteside in Rd 2 last year and he very well could be thinking that JJAW is primed for a 2nd year breakout. I don't think that he see's him as the bust that many fans have already categorized him as; if he's still high on Whiteside it could easily mean that we skip on WR in Rd 1. I think that Rd 2 is where Howie will be looking at WR and likely one with some deep speed ... the money right now, if you follow the tea leaves, is on Penn State's KJ Hamler. Rd 1 imo is anyone's guess ... probably BPA at 21.

Rey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The problem is the WRs available at #21 really aren't worth the pick. And the one that goes at #40 will be the same quality.

Hadn't read your post while I was posting. I'm getting the same feeling that WR will not be in the mix for that 1st rounder.

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In the many mock drafts that I have participated I have taken a C, in most cases it was Hennessy but regardless of who it is a C is a necessity.
As for a S there are several good prospects in Rds 2-4. I believe Winfield is a likely middle 2nd round pick but I don’t think Schwartz is interested.
Hennessey would be a good get, but think he goes between 53 and 103.

Remember Maddox can play safety, so we have some depth there if we skip drafting one all together.

Northern Eagle

Hangin' With The Homeboys
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sounds like the Eagles are showing a lot of interest in Michigan Center Cesar Ruiz. Projected to go late 1st to mid 2nd. Damn good prospect, but 21 seems to be around his ceiling; maybe in a trade down scenario into the late 1st? Kelce is almost on a year to year plan at this point, so I can see why the Birds would have interest in a Center of Ruiz's caliber. This kid has film where he blocks people with one hand ... even film on him where he's blocking 2 guys with each arm. Powerful with really good movement skills and is extremely intelligent. No doubt he would be a great addition ... but Philly fans would go nuts if a Center is our first pick over WR ... lol

I remember when the Cowdungs drafted Travis Frederick a few years ago higher than everyone expected, when they probably didn't necessarily need one at the time, and was one of top Centers in the league when he played... Kelce's importance to the cohesion of the Eagles OL is every bit as valuable to the offense as any receiver IMO, and while 21 might be a bit rich to take Ruiz, if they trade back a few spots to get him I would be totally fine with that.

I also like Nick Harris of Washington as a later option... The Eagles could really go 100 different ways in this draft, it's hard to say what's going to happen - can't wait for the April 23rd!!!

Northern Eagle

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Because of the depth this year, a couple of guys dealing with injuries going into the draft and the pandemic limiting teams from extra due diligence some of these guys are going to drop, a 1st round talent could fall right into our lap in the 2nd. Or a very feasible scenario would be a trade back to pick up extra picks, then trading up in the 2nd to get their guy.

If we don't trade up to get one of the "Big 3", the depth at WR this year makes it impossible to say which ones will be the best of the draft class... There very well could be a couple of guys who get taken in the 3rd or 4th round who end up becoming perennial All-Pros. We cannot afford to come away with another Jordan Mathews and Josh Huff... we need to draft Allen Robinson and Davante Adams. Period. I've given Howie a pass for drafting Wentz and building the SB roster, but he is out of excuses. This draft is his make or break.

Northern Eagle

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Another impressive prospect that has been linked to the Eagles in a trade back scenario is Minnesota Safety Antoine Winfield Jr. I honestly didn't know too much about him till I recently started pulling up tape on him. I am extremely impressed ... an absolute ball hawk with incredible instincts. He seems to always be at the right place at the right time. As a tackler he's a heat seeking missile always keeping a low center of gravity. Excellent speed as well with a 4.45 at the Combine. Most talk that I have heard at Safety has been about Xavier McKinney and Grant Delpit, but after seeing Winfield, I would put him above both McKinney and Delpit as my #1 Safety. I still like McKinney a lot, but Winfield from what I've seen is the better ball hawk and he's faster (McKinney ran a 4.63). Check out Winfield's kick return for a TD in the vid below ... the kid can flat out do it all.

Plays and projects in the NFL exactly like his old man. Underrated prospect.

Screamin Eagle

Stand for the Flag, Kneel for the Cross
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Because of the depth this year, a couple of guys dealing with injuries going into the draft and the pandemic limiting teams from extra due diligence some of these guys are going to drop, a 1st round talent could fall right into our lap in the 2nd. Or a very feasible scenario would be a trade back to pick up extra picks, then trading up in the 2nd to get their guy.

If we don't trade up to get one of the "Big 3", the depth at WR this year makes it impossible to say which ones will be the best of the draft class... There very well could be a couple of guys who get taken in the 3rd or 4th round who end up becoming perennial All-Pros. We cannot afford to come away with another Jordan Mathews and Josh Huff... we need to draft Allen Robinson and Davante Adams. Period. I've given Howie a pass for drafting Wentz and building the SB roster, but he is out of excuses. This draft is his make or break.
You are correct, Howie is out of excuses. It’s either get this right or get out.

old duke

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I remember when the Cowdungs drafted Travis Frederick a few years ago higher than everyone expected, when they probably didn't necessarily need one at the time, and was one of top Centers in the league when he played... Kelce's importance to the cohesion of the Eagles OL is every bit as valuable to the offense as any receiver IMO, and while 21 might be a bit rich to take Ruiz, if they trade back a few spots to get him I would be totally fine with that.

I also like Nick Harris of Washington as a later option... The Eagles could really go 100 different ways in this draft, it's hard to say what's going to happen - can't wait for the April 23rd!!!

I saw a mock that had the Cow Pukes taking Ruiz in the 1st round.

mall3013

SportsHoopla's #1 Bucknut
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just saw that the Texans may be trying to get rid of Kenny Stills. I'm curious what the asking price would be for the 27 year old wideout? His cap hit isn't bad either. I think if we could offer one of our fourth rounders, it would put less pressure needing to draft a receiver in first round and just go with the best player mentality. Just saw this some other site.

mall3013

SportsHoopla's #1 Bucknut
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I saw a mock that had the Cow Pukes taking Ruiz in the 1st round.
If the Pokes take Ruiz, then I'm sprinting up to the podium for CJ Henderson CB out of Florida. That would be a nice addition to our secondary.

Rey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just saw that the Texans may be trying to get rid of Kenny Stills. I'm curious what the asking price would be for the 27 year old wideout? His cap hit isn't bad either. I think if we could offer one of our fourth rounders, it would put less pressure needing to draft a receiver in first round and just go with the best player mentality. Just saw this some other site.

With the Coronavirus situation in play, I think it wouldn't be a bad idea to give up say a 5th rounder for Stills. I've always been a fan of his; a solid overall receiver with speed. Unlike a rookie he would be a plug and play receiver for Wentz and he's still only 27 years old. Who knows how much off season these players will get and how much can we really rely on rookie receivers with an abbreviated off season?

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good idea. The Texans are very poorly run, we should try to give a 6th.

Rey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good idea. The Texans are very poorly run, we should try to give a 6th.

Here's an interesting thought .... the reason the Texans are shopping Stills is because they have too many guys who do the same thing. How about we do an even swap? Alshon for Stills? Alshon would cost them around 2.9 mil more than Stills, but he would give them that possession type vet they lost when they traded Hopkins. Just like Stills would be plug and play for us ... Alshon would give them the type of receiver they currently don't have. Plus with the season likely abbreviated, it's very possible Alshon is ready to go once they start which may not be till mid-late October.

Los Eagles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If the Pokes take Ruiz, then I'm sprinting up to the podium for CJ Henderson CB out of Florida. That would be a nice addition to our secondary.

With Frederick retiring that could change the Cowboys plans at 17. Although I'm bullish for a WR round 1, a cornerback like Henderson would make our secondary pretty strong.

old duke

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Henderson is a good cover man, but isn't great at tackling. Remind of Darby a bit? He is a better physical specimen than darby, who is short.

Orlando Eagles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here's an interesting thought .... the reason the Texans are shopping Stills is because they have too many guys who do the same thing. How about we do an even swap? Alshon for Stills? Alshon would cost them around 2.9 mil more than Stills, but he would give them that possession type vet they lost when they traded Hopkins. Just like Stills would be plug and play for us ... Alshon would give them the type of receiver they currently don't have. Plus with the season likely abbreviated, it's very possible Alshon is ready to go once they start which may not be till mid-late October.

Huge fan of this....and you know O'Brien is trying to salvage something bad enough to see Alshon as the answer!

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Call Howie.