• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Eagles Free Agency & Draft 2020

Rey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Eagles have many options. I don't see them trading up unless one of the top 3 drops to 18 or further. If anything I think we can see a trade down from 21 into the late 1st or even early 2nd where we will take one of Aiyuk or Reagor in the late 1st or Hamler if we trade back to Rd 2. Trading for a receiver is also in play ... still a lot of moving parts.

old duke

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't worry, that only hurts your mental being. There's nothing we can do about it, but stress over it. I don't hate Howie, but I am concerned with Lurie's thinking. I couldn't stand Chip, after he exposed himself as an overrated college coach, but he was right in having Lurie move howie upstairs to handle contracts, and the cap. Lurie could have used Douglas as a true GM, and with Howie's expertise, we would be in good shape. If Howie bombs this draft, Lurie is an idiot for letting this happen. Lets face it, Howie is a "bean counter". He is smart, but not football smart.
With this draft class, there is no excuse not to come away with 2 or 3 bona fide wide receivers. I love the Darius trade, but wonder if he could have made the deal without giving up that extra 3rd round pick, maybe not. It may take us out of being able to make a good deal to trade up without hurting the rest of the draft picks we would still have. I think he has to trade up to get one of the three, and I think Ruggs gives us the game breaker we need. He is not just a speed guy, but is a good receiver - hands, moves - separation, etc. Anyway, I'm hopeful, but nervous.

Rey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Slay trade was a steal imo ... well worth more than the 3rd and 5th we gave up. That was very little to pay in order to get a true #1 Corner. If not for Slay we would be in a world of trouble right now at the position, I can't be mad at having given up that extra 3rd. WR is plentiful in this draft ... we have quite a few options aside from those top 3 guys.

old duke

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
WI like him too. I just wish we had the 3rd back. What do yo think about a safety in the 1st, if we stay put, and the top 4 are gone? McKinney could be a beast, IMO. That means that How better grab a good WR @ 53 n 103, or move up to an earlier 3rd or late 2nd.
(And that means that Murray is already gone too).

Rey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
WI like him too. I just wish we had the 3rd back. What do yo think about a safety in the 1st, if we stay put, and the top 4 are gone? McKinney could be a beast, IMO. That means that How better grab a good WR @ 53 n 103, or move up to an earlier 3rd or late 2nd.
(And that means that Murray is already gone too).

I will post my final Mock tonight ... has my best thoughts in there ;)

Rey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have a feeling WR Kenny Stills will be an Eagle soon.

Fly Eagle

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Packers want him as well, at least that's what Packer's wire suggests.

Screamin Eagle

Stand for the Flag, Kneel for the Cross
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
OBJ is said to be available....and reasonable. Hmmm

old duke

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here's hoping that Howie has some rabbits in his hat, and is ready to unleash. Then I will be happy to take back my criticisms.

Fly Eagle

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Thanks for posting OD. My head starts spinning when I read something like this. There has to be a modicum of truth to it. Howie is going to go down blazing for sure. If he is not a good personal man as many suggest, I don't think you can say he doesn't always go for the big play. This type of a move means what was said earlier about fewest picks and the need to turn over the roster was smoke or is yet to be shown as true. I don't know what to believe. It is the silly/crazy season in the NFL.

mcnabb7542

Resident Fake Asian!
Hoopla Cash
$ 3.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Okay here is how the mock went the Hoop.
I did move out of the first round when the top three wide outs were selected and Murray. ( I took a crap trade to get out the of the first as well)

42. Philadelphia : Jaylon Johnson - CB - Utah
53. Philadelphia : Antone Winfield Jr. - S - Minnesota
73. Philadelphia : Tyler Johnson - WR - Minnesota
103. Philadelphia : Antonio Gandy-Golden - WR - Liberty
127. Philadelphia : Alton Robinson - DE - Syracuse
145. Philadelphia : Nick Coe - DT - Auburn
146. Philadelphia : Isaiah Hodgins - WR - Oregon St.
168. Philadelphia : Sean Pollard - C - Clemson
190. Philadelphia : Shaquille Quarterman - LB - Miami

Okay missing out on the big three names at wide out ( I love Martin and Jefferson but not 1st round due to durability) I did take two wide outs in the 3rd round and another in the 4th. I love Tyler Johnson, I think with the correct coaching and vet to learn from this kid could have a Larry Fitzgerald career.

Johnson out of Utah was a target of mine, I've watched him over the years and he can play man with a nasty streak. I think opposite Slay and Jones handling the slot they can be very good.
Winfield to me is a guy that can come down into the box and hit the hell out of you. Something this team has been missing over the years.

Quarterman could be the steal of the draft because of his size, and his instinct for the ball. They can add weight to this kid and he could very easily end up in the middle of this defense leading the team in tackles for the next 10 years.

ctc

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I read where we are tied for dead last in the number of total draft picks over the last 2 years. That means were relying on undrafted kids and free agents to make this team better. Everyone knows that this is not a formula for success unless you already have all the pieces, which we don't. We have a number of positions that we need to get better and to get deeper. You need to be able to draft well to succeed. And if we're constantly trading picks away we're really just treading water, waiting for lightning to strike.
On that basis i doubt we'll see a significant trade up. We lack depth, we lack big play ability. The best way to fill it is by volume.
You take the best WR available or a slight trade down if the first 4 are gone.

Reactions: Rey

Screamin Eagle

Stand for the Flag, Kneel for the Cross
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Okay here is how the mock went the Hoop.
I did move out of the first round when the top three wide outs were selected and Murray. ( I took a crap trade to get out the of the first as well)

42. Philadelphia : Jaylon Johnson - CB - Utah
53. Philadelphia : Antone Winfield Jr. - S - Minnesota
73. Philadelphia : Tyler Johnson - WR - Minnesota
103. Philadelphia : Antonio Gandy-Golden - WR - Liberty
127. Philadelphia : Alton Robinson - DE - Syracuse
145. Philadelphia : Nick Coe - DT - Auburn
146. Philadelphia : Isaiah Hodgins - WR - Oregon St.
168. Philadelphia : Sean Pollard - C - Clemson
190. Philadelphia : Shaquille Quarterman - LB - Miami

Okay missing out on the big three names at wide out ( I love Martin and Jefferson but not 1st round due to durability) I did take two wide outs in the 3rd round and another in the 4th. I love Tyler Johnson, I think with the correct coaching and vet to learn from this kid could have a Larry Fitzgerald career.

Johnson out of Utah was a target of mine, I've watched him over the years and he can play man with a nasty streak. I think opposite Slay and Jones handling the slot they can be very good.
Winfield to me is a guy that can come down into the box and hit the hell out of you. Something this team has been missing over the years.

Quarterman could be the steal of the draft because of his size, and his instinct for the ball. They can add weight to this kid and he could very easily end up in the middle of this defense leading the team in tackles for the next 10 years.
Ugh.
I like J. Johnson but he just had his 3rd shoulder surgery. Very good player though.
I like Quarterman as well as a developmental player.
Winfield is a good player but just too small and the Eagles signed several players that will fill his position.
No offense but I don’t think any of the WR’s will be game changers. You have T. Johnson seriously overrated imo.
Just my 2 cents.

Fly Eagle

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So this was my morning draft on the Draft Network. I do one every morning. The interesting bit is Jeudy has dropped to 21 several times. Not sure why...but for sure will not on draft day. I like it of course but I think it is crazy. Wilson in the third might be high? Also, like the last three picks. Lawlor did a write up on Tuszka. Just posting for fun.

Jerry Jeudy, WR
Alabama

• Laviska Shenault Jr. WR
Colorado

Logan Wilson LB
Wyoming

• Michael Ojemudia CB
Iowa

• Javelin Guidry CB
Utah

• Derrek Tuszka EDGE
North Dakota State

• Cole McDonald QB
Hawaii

• Michael Warren II RB
Cincinnati

© 2020 The Draft Network

Fly Eagle

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Some off the wall questions; what do the Eagles do if a player like Jonathon Taylor is available at 53? NFL.com has an article saying he is the best analytical (Eagles love analytics) fit for Eagles to pair with Sanders. Is 53 too low to consider BPA available or do you go for need? If Shenault is available at 53 do you double-dip at WR with Jefferson having been picked at 21 and ignore CB or LB? I don't if J Brooks LB is available. Who else if available should go before Shenault?

Taylor is being undersold. His measurables are S Barkley like...I would not want to be in the decision making position that Howie is in, honestly.

Orlando Eagles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jason Kelce retired....from arm wrestling.

I got three words into the headline (Jason Kelce retires...) and started to freak.

What a trolling asshole post for him to make. I love it lol

old duke

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think there is a 10% chance of drafting Taylor, or any other RB in the 1st or 2nd round. WR, CB, S, or LB will be the picks in the first 3 rounds, barring a big trade up to get a stud receiver, which might cost us our first 3 picks, or close to that.

Rey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't see any reason to draft a RB prior to Rd 4 unless he's the 2nd coming of Saquon Barkley. Sanders is a rising star and Boston Scott showed that he's plenty capable with similarities to a young Darren Sproles. No point in wasting a draft pick on one, at least not an early pick.