• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Free Agency, 2024

Niner Outlaw

Stay out of my territory.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Do you believe Aiyuk and Jags have "mutual interest?" That sounds like potential tampering. I am sure the Jags would deny, but Aiyuk's agent is not above playing these games. I think it is important to find out where Aiyuk's head is at. Is he frustrated that Kyle did not feature him in the Super Bowl? Does he feel under appreciated behind bigger personalities like Deebo, Kittle and CMC? Does he want to blow Ridley's number out of the water? Does he hate Bay Area cost of living and taxes? Does he want to raise his children somewhere else?
I think Aiyuk does want to be featured more and knows the Jags lack a #1 WR. It has to be a little frustrating to be a WR in a run-first offense, so can understand that a little. You know that BA believes he's better than Ridley.

Niner Outlaw

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Niners reportedly interested in former Packer LB DVondre Campbell.

Seen reports that the Niners are looking for a veteran safety (and the market is flooded with them), but the surprising part of the report I saw was that Hufanga, coming back from an ACL, is not guaranteed his starting spot back. Well, we don't really have much choice at S. It's basically Brown, Odom, Hufanga and nobody right now. Gipson is reportedly thinking of retirement again (he was with us on a 1 year deal last year).

redskinsfan1963

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
niners don,t really need much help anyway.no shock they have,nt done a lot in he fa market so far.

Niner Outlaw

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
niners don,t really need much help anyway.no shock they have,nt done a lot in he fa market so far.
They've remade their DT rotation (letting Armstead and Kinlaw go, and bringing in Collins and Elliot to go with Hargrave and Givens).

Barring some serious cap maneuvering, the Niners will probably sign a vet safety and/or LB at some point and then wait for the draft.

redskinsfan1963

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They've remade their DT rotation (letting Armstead and Kinlaw go, and bringing in Collins and Elliot to go with Hargrave and Givens).

Barring some serious cap maneuvering, the Niners will probably sign a vet safety and/or LB at some point and then wait for the draft.
they really don,t need to improve much imo.they are still gonna be the nfc,s top team next year.

Niner Outlaw

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Niners resign LB Flannigan-Fowles and OG Felicianno.

Both to 1 year deals. That does make me feel better about the RG spot. Felicianno will start at RG unless we draft someone for the job. Having him means we aren't locked in on a OG in the early rounds.

We've made sure the hole at OG didn't get any bigger. We still have a hole at LB--will Winters and Graham get a shot at it or will we sign a vet LB too?

Niners reportedly working on resigning WR Conley.

Niner Outlaw

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Since we're looking for a NCB, isn't Kwaun Williams a FA? Sure, he's 32, but he was on the team a couple of years ago and was pretty good.

Yosemite Sam

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
49ers content creators are flooding social media with suggestions that their is still one big deal out there. Simple analysis says it is in the defensive backfield. Mike Silver and David Lombardi are thinking Justin Simmons, which Jives with Niner Outlaw's mention (above) that Hufanga is not guaranteed his starting safety spot when he returns from his ACL injury. Hufanga was not his impactful playmaker self last year - like he was out of rhythm - but that could be said of many in Wilks' defense early part of the season last year.

Would Justin Simmons starting next to Hufanga elevate Hufanga's game, and is it possible that Ji"Aiyir Brown slides down to cover the slot and Deomodore Lenoir goes outside opposite Mooney Ward?

Remember back when Walsh would construct his roster to beat the Cowboys? Teams have been built to match up against Brady or Favre. Now, the impediment is Patrick Lavon Mahomes. How do you surpass his genius?

We have seen speculation for a months that the Lynch could be attempting to trade for Patrick Surtain. This would have the potential to crush the passing game of Mahomes and any other playoff team. Imagine CB1 Surtain, CB1(b) Ward and NCB Lenoir. That is Lombardi Trophy worthy. What would it cost? Why would Denver trade him. He could be signed to a contract that extends beyond 2025 season, as a cornerstone should Ward move on.

Niner Outlaw

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
49ers content creators are flooding social media with suggestions that their is still one big deal out there. Simple analysis says it is in the defensive backfield. Mike Silver and David Lombardi are thinking Justin Simmons, which Jives with Niner Outlaw's mention (above) that Hufanga is not guaranteed his starting safety spot when he returns from his ACL injury. Hufanga was not his impactful playmaker self last year - like he was out of rhythm - but that could be said of many in Wilks' defense early part of the season last year.

Would Justin Simmons starting next to Hufanga elevate Hufanga's game, and is it possible that Ji"Aiyir Brown slides down to cover the slot and Deomodore Lenoir goes outside opposite Mooney Ward?

Remember back when Walsh would construct his roster to beat the Cowboys? Teams have been built to match up against Brady or Favre. Now, the impediment is Patrick Lavon Mahomes. How do you surpass his genius?

We have seen speculation for a months that the Lynch could be attempting to trade for Patrick Surtain. This would have the potential to crush the passing game of Mahomes and any other playoff team. Imagine CB1 Surtain, CB1(b) Ward and NCB Lenoir. That is Lombardi Trophy worthy. What would it cost? Why would Denver trade him. He could be signed to a contract that extends beyond 2025 season, as a cornerstone should Ward move on.
I get that the next player brought in, if there is a big one left, that it'd be a secondary player. But A player like surtain would cost at least a 1st rd pick and likely more. For that matter, a player like BA is worth more than just a single 1.

And just FYI stuff, if you want to mention another poster, use an @ sign and then the first couple of letters/numbers in their name and it will pull up a small list of posters. That way , when I post "@Yosemite Sam" (no quotation marks), it will show up as a notification that someone "mentioned" you.

Niner Outlaw

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As for Yiadom, the new CB...

The Denver Broncos selected Yiadom (6-1, 188) out of Boston College in the third round (No. 99 overall) of the 2018 NFL Draft. The cornerback registered 37 tackles, 14 passes defensed, and an interception in 17 game appearances (eight starts) with the Saints last season, per Pro Football Reference. Additionally, he played 267 special teams snaps in 2023.

Yiadom's 81.1 overall grade from Pro Football Focus last season was a career-high. Opposing quarterbacks had a passer rating of 84.4 while targeting the cornerback.

Niner Outlaw

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Niners sign QB Josh Dobbs. I'm just glad the other QB isn't Zach Wilson!

Niner Outlaw

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Niners hosting Colts FS J.Blackmon. He had a career year last year, but will he sign for what we can pay him? At safety, We've got Brown in his 2nd year, Hufanga coming back from ACL surgery, Odom as teh backup, and Gipson is a FA considering retirement.

DurbanPoison2121

I'm just here so I won't get fined.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Niners hosting Colts FS J.Blackmon. He had a career year last year, but will he sign for what we can pay him? At safety, We've got Brown in his 2nd year, Hufanga coming back from ACL surgery, Odom as teh backup, and Gipson is a FA considering retirement.
I like the idea of Blackmon with Brown, Huf was a liability in coverage before the ACL.

Niner Outlaw

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like the idea of Blackmon with Brown, Huf was a liability in coverage before the ACL.
True. And there have been multiple reports that Huf is not going to be handed his starting job back. He'll have to earn it. I could see the Niners signing someone like Blackmon and eventually letting Huf go. He was never the best in coverage, but the guy made big plays. It's true though that he was good for a huge blown coverage once ever couple of games.