• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Free Agency, 2024

DurbanPoison2121

I'm just here so I won't get fined.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sure, Drake...coming off a mundane, 3 sack rookie season (2022) and Clelin Ferrell ( on 2 sacks in 2022) over this Leonard Floyd that Kocurek is praising like better than Dee Ford. As it was, this approach led to trading draft picks for Randy Gregory and Chase Young. I'm just asking why, if you knew how special Floyd had been and would be, and he only cost $7 million, how do you not do that? I know we are in the dog days of summer, and these "hype" interviews are inevitable. But, at $7 million, I think Floyd would have made like much easier for Steve Wilks and Nick Bosa last year.
Hindsight is 20/20 I guess...
Confused Jim Carrey GIF

The Niners drafted Drake in the 2nd rd with expectations of big things. It didn't happen. Money was needed elsewhere. It's easy to shit on decisions in hindsight but Drake's situation where he played all over the place without a position at USC and needed his rookie season to reset and learn ONE position seemed to make sense. He has had bursts of excellence (see PIT game) but hasn't stayed healthy and has disappointed despite his talent. When it was obvious that Drake wasn't THAT dude, they traded for both Randy Gregory AND Chase Young. Probably one of the reasons that the FO flipped the entire DL this season.