• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2024 Free Agency and Free Agents Signings

Dude

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,999.86
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think people are missing the point of what is being done here. IMO. Wolfe and Mayo had a sit down, Mayo identified 1. The players he wanted to retain, 2. Players he was willing to let walk. I would not be the least bit surprised if the Pats trade out at 3 and gain draft capital this year and next. Remember Mayo said "You don't have to spend it all in one year". By keeping the pieces you know work well and building through the draft for the next years this team can get a lot better. People tend to feel that if you don't land one or two of the most coveted Free Agents you are not making progress, I do not see that way at all.
Possibly, what is obvious is that it looks like a mid / long term strategy to get team back into synch. A few key pieces will do. Expectation: None just want to see the team improve.

Edit: And, the wasted 5 years in Brady’s shadow was unnecessary.

Dude

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,999.86
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree. I'm not a Gilmore fan but I'd take him for a year and got O O O in the draft.Maybe a DE or LB late
I’m sure he could teach González a thing or two.

Dude

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,999.86
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess the next question is. …
How do you rate, as a fan, this 2024 FA period:
A, B or C?
Hopefully there will be no D and F

- feel free to use +, -, etc

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess the next question is. …
How do you rate, as a fan, this 2024 FA period:
A, B or C?
Hopefully there will be no D and F

- feel free to use +, -, etc
C I would have liked them to land Higgins or Ridley

Yankee Traveler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree. I'm not a Gilmore fan but I'd take him for a year and got O O O in the draft.Maybe a DE or LB late
I am not not a Gilmore fan.

His play when he was here was fantastic.
He was injured and refused to show he could still play while asking for a new contract.
He has played at a high level since, but I don't think it was the year he left here.

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am not not a Gilmore fan.

His play when he was here was fantastic.
He was injured and refused to show he could still play while asking for a new contract.
He has played at a high level since, but I don't think it was the year he left here.
But what about as a #2 Corner?

Yankee Traveler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But what about as a #2 Corner?
Who's #2 now? Jonathan Jones?

Jones is quicker and faster, but Gilmore may be more talented and taller. Gilmore may get beat deep at his age. but I would take him back.
Revis had lost a step too when he helped win a SB.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Saw a great interview last night. The guy's face was blurred to keep him "secret".

His quote, "Buying an NFL Fee Agent is like buying gasoline. 87, 89 and 93 Octane." He called it our. "Regular, Mid-Grade, Premium."

"On day one, everyone is paying premium prices for premium and Mid-grade gas. After that, everyone is paying premium prices for regular."

The conversation then turned to the remaining free agents. He said that Stephon Gilmore was a mid-grade and is looking to play anywhere and some team will pay a regular price for him. Then he talked a bit about Jadevon Clowney and said that he still was playing near mid grade but he wanted premium money for an engine that wasn't worth it. He said a smart GM would offer him low grade money with a take it or leave it and tell him that it would be there until noon on April 25. His thoughts were that Clowney would take the regular money and a smart coach would play him on second and third downs where a pass was almost a necessity and not try to make him a three down defender.

I thought that the gas comparison was an excellent way to look at the draft too.