• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Eagles Free Agency & Draft 2020

ctc

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
O'Brien will get fired after this year, I predict. He's doing a Chip Kelly.
Besides having been in the nfl as a coach for 11 years including 5 as a head coach,offensive co-ordinator for NE in the SB and being in the playoffs 3 out of 5 years yea, he's doing a kelly. :scratch:

ctc

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For those who consider Jefferson as just a slot receiver ... keep in mind that 27% of his routes were Go routes or Curls (not slot receiver routes). Just because he lined up in the slot primarily does not mean he just ran routes associated with slot receivers; this guy can run any route and has the size/speed/hands to do it. His QB had the highest completion percentage of any QB to a receiver last season when targeting Jefferson ... the dude is money when thrown to, no matter where he lines up or what route he's running.

One of his outstanding traits is his body control in order to make back shoulder catches.
His lack of drops would be second.

Rey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One of his outstanding traits is his body control in order to make back shoulder catches.
His lack of drops would be second.

I'm a big fan of his ... another thing that he does better than most other WR's I watched in this class, is his ability to come back to the QB. He never stops working and always tries to make a play till the end. If he sees his QB scrambling he's excellent at finding an open lane for him to throw; that's a great and under rated trait for a receiver to have.

old duke

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Besides having been in the nfl as a coach for 11 years including 5 as a head coach,offensive co-ordinator for NE in the SB and being in the playoffs 3 out of 5 years yea, he's doing a kelly. :scratch:

I'm referring about him trying to be a GM, silly boy! :doh:

Screamin Eagle

Stand for the Flag, Kneel for the Cross
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ex Eagles are dropping like flies. Damn.

Rey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sounds like the Eagles are showing a lot of interest in Michigan Center Cesar Ruiz. Projected to go late 1st to mid 2nd. Damn good prospect, but 21 seems to be around his ceiling; maybe in a trade down scenario into the late 1st? Kelce is almost on a year to year plan at this point, so I can see why the Birds would have interest in a Center of Ruiz's caliber. This kid has film where he blocks people with one hand ... even film on him where he's blocking 2 guys with each arm. Powerful with really good movement skills and is extremely intelligent. No doubt he would be a great addition ... but Philly fans would go nuts if a Center is our first pick over WR ... lol

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sounds like the Eagles are showing a lot of interest in Michigan Center Cesar Ruiz. Projected to go late 1st to mid 2nd. Damn good prospect, but 21 seems to be around his ceiling; maybe in a trade down scenario into the late 1st? Kelce is almost on a year to year plan at this point, so I can see why the Birds would have interest in a Center of Ruiz's caliber. This kid has film where he blocks people with one hand ... even film on him where he's blocking 2 guys with each arm. Powerful with really good movement skills and is extremely intelligent. No doubt he would be a great addition ... but Philly fans would go nuts if a Center is our first pick over WR ... lol
Oline or Dline is always a good idea in the 1st round.

This would be perfect as it gives us some depth at the interior this year before moving him into Kelce's spot next year.

Centers always go earlier than people think because teams know they're important.

Rey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

This would be perfect as it gives us some depth at the interior this year before moving him into Kelce's spot next year.

Centers always go earlier than people think because teams know they're important.

Agreed ... making sure we keep giving Wentz a clean pocket is as important as getting him weapons. It's a super deep WR Class ... we can get one in Rd 2 and with 3 4th rounders along with our 3rd, we have ammo to trade up a bit if need be. Aiyuk, Reagor, Hamler, Shenault, Duvernay ... all guys we can get somewhere in Rd 2 (assuming Jefferson, Mims and Higgins all go in the 1st).

old duke

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Saw that New England might take him @ #23.

old duke

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agreed ... making sure we keep giving Wentz a clean pocket is as important as getting him weapons. It's a super deep WR Class ... we can get one in Rd 2 and with 3 4th rounders along with our 3rd, we have ammo to trade up a bit if need be. Aiyuk, Reagor, Hamler, Shenault, Duvernay ... all guys we can get somewhere in Rd 2 (assuming Jefferson, Mims and Higgins all go in the 1st).

Aiyuk and Mims might go in late 1st.

Orlando Eagles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It’s a little left field since we have been talking WR in Rd 1 so much.

But it didn’t take much thought from me....yeah I would be ok with a good C at 21. You always have to leverage the lines to be great.

Rey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Another impressive prospect that has been linked to the Eagles in a trade back scenario is Minnesota Safety Antoine Winfield Jr. I honestly didn't know too much about him till I recently started pulling up tape on him. I am extremely impressed ... an absolute ball hawk with incredible instincts. He seems to always be at the right place at the right time. As a tackler he's a heat seeking missile always keeping a low center of gravity. Excellent speed as well with a 4.45 at the Combine. Most talk that I have heard at Safety has been about Xavier McKinney and Grant Delpit, but after seeing Winfield, I would put him above both McKinney and Delpit as my #1 Safety. I still like McKinney a lot, but Winfield from what I've seen is the better ball hawk and he's faster (McKinney ran a 4.63). Check out Winfield's kick return for a TD in the vid below ... the kid can flat out do it all.

ctc

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I think their need at WR is too great. If they did trade down it would be because they think they can still get the top of the second tier WRs and add a day two or three pick.
So after WR, what would be their next greatest need and is there a player/position out there in the 2nd round that reasonably fits BPA and a need?

old duke

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Another impressive prospect that has been linked to the Eagles in a trade back scenario is Minnesota Safety Antoine Winfield Jr. I honestly didn't know too much about him till I recently started pulling up tape on him. I am extremely impressed ... an absolute ball hawk with incredible instincts. He seems to always be at the right place at the right time. As a tackler he's a heat seeking missile always keeping a low center of gravity. Excellent speed as well with a 4.45 at the Combine. Most talk that I have heard at Safety has been about Xavier McKinney and Grant Delpit, but after seeing Winfield, I would put him above both McKinney and Delpit as my #1 Safety. I still like McKinney a lot, but Winfield from what I've seen is the better ball hawk and he's faster (McKinney ran a 4.63). Check out Winfield's kick return for a TD in the vid below ... the kid can flat out do it all.

I have noticed Winfield lot, being a Penn State fan. He is a great one, albeit his smaller size. He is a player!

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

He's my favorite safety too. He's just not that big. But Antoine Winfield was small and awesome for a decade in this league. We need guys that can play the ball on the backend and he can do that.

I'll be sharing a mock draft here shortly we're I moved up with the 127th and snagged him in the 2nd.

Screamin Eagle

Stand for the Flag, Kneel for the Cross
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In the many mock drafts that I have participated I have taken a C, in most cases it was Hennessy but regardless of who it is a C is a necessity.
As for a S there are several good prospects in Rds 2-4. I believe Winfield is a likely middle 2nd round pick but I don’t think Schwartz is interested.

Los Eagles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That pick in the end zone at 1:14 was absolutely incredible. He was easily five yards away from the intended receiver with his back turned. The way he tracked that ball was extremely impressive.

Los Eagles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just can't see the Birds trading back. A lot would have to go wrong here. No center, linebacker, etc. in the first round. I really hope they stand pat and select the best WR. I don't see anything in round 1 but a wide receiver selection. I doubt they will be disappointed with who's left at #21.