• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Eagles Free Agency & Draft 2020

Los Eagles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Been thinking, and evaluating, IF we don't make a dela to get one of the "3", I'm okay with Jefferson, plus using the rest of our p[icks to grab another WR, and then get a S, CB, LB, and RB. that would be great.

Been hearing that Jefferson may not even make it to #21. That bothers me a lot. I think that we've heard so mucn from so many that Jefferson will be our pick, that we have taken him for granted. He is really a great prospect. In some other years, he might be the top receiver in the draft.

Won't the 23rd ever get here? :lol:

We need a reliable target with good hands and good speed. That's what Jefferson is. He's been getting stronger and bigger over the last few years. He was a skinny kid but now over 200 lbs. Wonder if he's on the board at #21 would the Eagles take him over Mims?

Fly Eagle

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
B Cooks to the Texans for a 2nd. Glad the Eagles didn't pay that amount.

old duke

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
O'Brien will get fired after this year, I predict. He's doing a Chip Kelly.

old duke

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Guys, unless Howie trades up for one of the 3 amigos, I think he has to trade up a few spots to ensure getting Jefferson. If we lose Jefferson, I recommend picking the BPA, or trade back to get more picks. we need to come out of this draft with 3 WR's.

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jefferson is blah. Drafting blah in the 1st round just to fill a need is not smart. If he played at a different school with a different QB he'd be a 3rd rounder.

Rey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is it time to start kicking tires on free agent DE Jadeveon Clowney? The birds still have plenty of Cap room and it may be the perfect time to get in there and sign him for around 17 mil? Maybe they could entice him by adding a 2nd year 21 mil team option? You add Clowney to an already good DL and it would become dominant ...

Screamin Eagle

Stand for the Flag, Kneel for the Cross
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is it time to start kicking tires on free agent DE Jadeveon Clowney? The birds still have plenty of Cap room and it may be the perfect time to get in there and sign him for around 17 mil? Maybe they could entice him by adding a 2nd year 21 mil team option? You add Clowney to an already good DL and it would become dominant ...
Oh no, no, no.

Screamin Eagle

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Guys, unless Howie trades up for one of the 3 amigos, I think he has to trade up a few spots to ensure getting Jefferson. If we lose Jefferson, I recommend picking the BPA, or trade back to get more picks. we need to come out of this draft with 3 WR's.
Jefferson is a slot receiver and there are plenty of good ones in this draft. Now that Aiyuk is injured I am all in for Mims. I admittedly didn’t think he was worthy of the 1st round but after having more time to look at things I think he may actually be better than Aiyuk. Mims or bust.

Rey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For those who consider Jefferson as just a slot receiver ... keep in mind that 27% of his routes were Go routes or Curls (not slot receiver routes). Just because he lined up in the slot primarily does not mean he just ran routes associated with slot receivers; this guy can run any route and has the size/speed/hands to do it. His QB had the highest completion percentage of any QB to a receiver last season when targeting Jefferson ... the dude is money when thrown to, no matter where he lines up or what route he's running.

old duke

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Maybe that's what Howie is waiting for. I would rather make a trade for Ngakoue, the one you thought about a week or so ago. giving up our 1st and 2nd picks, adding Jeffrey, and getting their WR + Ngakoue. I forget all the details, but that was being very creative. Also Ngakoue isn't the prima donna that Clowney is.

Screamin Eagle

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For those who consider Jefferson as just a slot receiver ... keep in mind that 27% of his routes were Go routes or Curls (not slot receiver routes). Just because he lined up in the slot primarily does not mean he just ran routes associated with slot receivers; this guy can run any route and has the size/speed/hands to do it. His QB had the highest completion percentage of any QB to a receiver last season when targeting Jefferson ... the dude is money when thrown to, no matter where he lines up or what route he's running.
I have read both sides of this issue and I understand your side. Not having any real hands on experience my logic falls to the other side of the issue. That all being said I would not be upset should the Eagles go with Jefferson.

Orlando Eagles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
B Cooks to the Texans for a 2nd. Glad the Eagles didn't pay that amount.

If any proof was needed that taking Cooks at what it would cost to get him....isn’t “the Texans spend a 2nd rounder” about the best proof there is?

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They should bring Clowney in for a visit, give him a violent concussion, and drop him in Camden.

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not pigeonholing him to the slot, but his best skill was being Burrow's safety net. He didn't cause that LSU offense to be what it was, he was just along for the ride.

Fly Eagle

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If any proof was needed that taking Cooks at what it would cost to get him....isn’t “the Texans spend a 2nd rounder” about the best proof there is?

Proof? I see it as proof that Howie was not going to overpay. OTOH I see it as proof that O'Brien is desperate.

Fly Eagle

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The simple answer is no. J Clowney is a dog who only "barks" when he wants to. He is a half-ass effort guy. Give him his money and watch him retreat to his doghouse. Injuries, half-ass effort, a part-time player in games. No think you. I guarantee the Eagles have no interest in him at 17 million a year.