• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Deshaun Watson may want out of Houston

NCChiFan

Argumentum artifex
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Man... Who gets to be the officer to investigate the ladies for their message abilities? I can see a fight ensuing at the precinct for the job.

Jikkle

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
With Carolina trading for Darnold, Miami trading away the 3rd pick and trading back up to 6th, the Jets basically declaring they are taking QB at #2 by trading Darnold, and the 9ers trading up to 3rd it means Watson's trade market is dead this offseason.

Unless this gets cleared up in a hurry I'm certain Goodell will put Watson on the exempt list to do the Texans a favor by having the narrative not be about Watson holding out and do Watson a favor by keeping him out of the spotlight as much as possible.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With Carolina trading for Darnold, Miami trading away the 3rd pick and trading back up to 6th, the Jets basically declaring they are taking QB at #2 by trading Darnold, and the 9ers trading up to 3rd it means Watson's trade market is dead this offseason.

Unless this gets cleared up in a hurry I'm certain Goodell will put Watson on the exempt list to do the Texans a favor by having the narrative not be about Watson holding out and do Watson a favor by keeping him out of the spotlight as much as possible.
Putting Watson on the exemt list is not doing the Texans a favor as they'll be paying Watson 10.5 million not to play. Watson holding out has no meaning at this point. That news broke, was in the news until it became old news and the media has moved on. For Watson this would be great, not play but get paid because of his misdeeds.

VikingFan2k2

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Putting Watson on the exemt list is not doing the Texans a favor as they'll be paying Watson 10.5 million not to play. Watson holding out has no meaning at this point. That news broke, was in the news until it became old news and the media has moved on. For Watson this would be great, not play but get paid because of his misdeeds.

The NFL needs to step in and suspended him before the draft. When Adrian Peterson was put on the Exempt List, he blamed the Vikings for putting his career on hold at the back end of his prime. Even though it was the NFL's idea/solution.

If I'm Houston, I'm not paying a guy not to play, so I say to Goodell: "If you're not going to suspend him, he is going to be the starting QB for The Texans."

R.J. MacReady

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If I'm Houston, I'm not paying a guy not to play, so I say to Goodell: "If you're not going to suspend him, he is going to be the starting QB for The Texans."
Yea, I like that. And then if Watson sits ...that still works for Houston.

Schmoopy1000

When all else fails, Smack em' in the Mouth!
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The NFL needs to step in and suspended him before the draft. When Adrian Peterson was put on the Exempt List, he blamed the Vikings for putting his career on hold at the back end of his prime. Even though it was the NFL's idea/solution.

how does the rules work in that scenario?
If the NFL suspends him. Does he get paid zero? if true. Would the union allow that?

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
how does the rules work in that scenario?
If the NFL suspends him. Does he get paid zero? if true. Would the union allow that?

Reserve/Suspended- This listing is for players who have been suspended by the NFL. Players on the suspended list are not paid for their time suspended, do not count against the active 53, and their salaries are reduced to reflect the weeks they are suspended. For example Justin Blackmon of the Jaguars will see his base salary drop from 17 games of pay to just 13 games of pay. Players can also have their signing bonuses reduced due to forfeiture provisions in the CBA. In the case of drug suspension this is mandatory. In other cases teams will determine if they will go after bonus money. I am unsure if this forfeiture is accrued during of after the season, but will try to clarify at a later date. While suspended the cap charges count in full.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If the NFL suspense Watson that would be great for the Texans as they would have more cap room and can wait until next off season ( when this is buried by more current issues) to trade Watson.

Robotech

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If the NFL suspense Watson that would be great for the Texans as they would have more cap room and can wait until next off season ( when this is buried by more current issues) to trade Watson.

What would've happened if a team (let's say the Bears) traded 3 first round draft picks for Watson in February before everything came out? Could the NFL void the trade? Can't teams back out of a trade if a player doesn't pass a physical? If a team can back out because of a hidden, unknown physical reason, it would make sense to allow them to do so for a hidden, unknown legal reason.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What would've happened if a team (let's say the Bears) traded 3 first round draft picks for Watson in February before everything came out?

No need to consider "what if". Watson wasn't traded before the news came out and it's anyone guess as how things would of played out if they had.

Debbie Does

Question Authority
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What would've happened if a team (let's say the Bears) traded 3 first round draft picks for Watson in February before everything came out? Could the NFL void the trade? Can't teams back out of a trade if a player doesn't pass a physical? If a team can back out because of a hidden, unknown physical reason, it would make sense to allow them to do so for a hidden, unknown legal reason.
It wouldn't surprise me if trade contracts include stuff like that in the future if they don't already.

VikingFan2k2

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I would say that if the trade was done in good faith, the team he was traded to would be screwed. If Houston knew that he was in trouble and covered it up (which looks very unlikely) then I'd say the trade would be voided.

Moot point as they were adamant about not trading him and now they probably wish they had.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The rumored deal with SF for Watson had a clause in it that if he were accused by over 20 masseuses of sexual assault and/or deviant behavior in the first three months after the trade that it would be null and void. Under 20 and it would have gone through...

:cocktail:

BusSport

Mountain Goat Racer
Hoopla Cash
$ 115,625,688.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All the sponsors jumping ship now:

"Nike Suspends Endorsement of NFL Star Deshaun Watson Over Sexual Misconduct Allegations"

Sarah Barshop said:
According to a source, Beats by Dre has ended its relationship with Deshaun Watson. Earlier today, Nike said in a statement that they have suspended their endorsement deal with the Texans’ quarterback.

Aaron Reiss said:
Reliant Energy will not be continuing its relationship with Deshaun Watson as a brand ambassador.

EyYzFE8XAAI5S6p

Sarah Barshop said:
In a statement, H-E-B said its relationship with Deshaun Watson “ended with the Texans’ 2020 season” and “there are no plans for future engagement.” Earlier today, Nike suspended its relationship with Watson and Beats by Dre ended its partnership with him.

FanofPelicans

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And the Walls...

giphy.gif
After watching Ms. Ashley Solis' testimony this looks like Watson's wall of defense. He should have settled with these ladies when he had the chance.
Ms. Solis is very believable. How exactly did he and his attorney think they were going to win? Were they planning to try to destroy the credibility of 20 women?