• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Deshaun Watson may want out of Houston

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm still very interested in buying a Bentley. But that does not change the fact I can't afford it.
They have the cap to make the move and they have assets to throw in there. It’s going to be difficult and a tough decision for any team to make trading for Watson for what they have to give up, plain and simple.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They have the cap to make the move and they have assets to throw in there. It’s going to be difficult and a tough decision for any team to make trading for Watson for what they have to give up, plain and simple.
Texans should trade watson, a pick, and a future pick for wentz.

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It’s going to be difficult and a tough decision for any team to make trading for Watson for what they have to give up, plain and simple.
I've been one who doesn't see a trade, but if there is one, it will be the Jets or Miami IMO. Each team could make this trade somewhat effortless as long as Houston is reasonable

Jikkle

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Still hearing rumors about the Panthers being very interested in Watson..the owner loves him but negotiations have not gotten to the point where their star young players are involved yet. So that CMAC rumor is definitely false at this point, Panthers still interested though

If they were offering the 8th pick, 5th round pick, and Bridgewater for Stafford they are for sure going to be all in for Watson.

First issue for them is nobody knows if Watson will go to the Panthers. Haven't heard one way or another in that regard.

Second issue for them is out of the teams that are likely interested in him if he's available they have a couple of teams that can beat them out unless they go completely bonkers on an offer. The Jets and the Dolphins would be clear favorites if they seriously got in it and the 9ers simply would have more compelling talent to Houston than the Panthers do depending on how available the 9ers make it.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If they were offering the 8th pick, 5th round pick, and Bridgewater for Stafford they are for sure going to be all in for Watson.

First issue for them is nobody knows if Watson will go to the Panthers. Haven't heard one way or another in that regard.

Second issue for them is out of the teams that are likely interested in him if he's available they have a couple of teams that can beat them out unless they go completely bonkers on an offer. The Jets and the Dolphins would be clear favorites if they seriously got in it and the 9ers simply would have more compelling talent to Houston than the Panthers do depending on how available the 9ers make it.
Ohh definitely, but just bc the Jets and Dolphins can offer more doesn’t they will. Really jusr rumors all around at this point. MIA and NYJ are definitely 1 and 2 if they do decide they want to throw the farm to Houston

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know fans love cmac. But you absolutey dump him for the qb

But, if you are team like the Panthers, do you really deal your best offensive player + 3 1sts?

Because if you do that, you wind up in a similar place to where Houston is now.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've been one who doesn't see a trade, but if there is one, it will be the Jets or Miami IMO. Each team could make this trade somewhat effortless as long as Houston is reasonable
I'm of the same belief. Houston needs a package that they can sell to their fans, considering that Watson is their MVP and they'll be eating a very large sum of dead money and cap hit. Not sure any team would want to put forth the assets needed but Jets and Dolphins are clearly the teams with the assets to swing the deal. The question being do they actually want to do that? Dolphins been on a path to success excepting that Tua didn't impress, but may be a bit early to jump ship on him while giving away picks that surely they could use. Jets are likely in the same boat with Darold, hasn't impressed but given a better roster and coaching there still is hope.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But, if you are team like the Panthers, do you really deal your best offensive player + 3 1sts?

Because if you do that, you wind up in a similar place to where Houston is now.
Yeah i get it ...but hes young. Really young. Also think mcaffrey can semi be replaced....mike davis was not
Mcaffrey, but mike davis....had success upgrade him a but and its a bridge gap.

if your best offensive player is a rb, you generally are not in good shape.

take the qb.

R.J. MacReady

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You can't tell me the Texans forced their President to retire for no reason.

It would make perfect sense to give the Presidents job to the guy they just hired, Jack Easterby.
All the while you have reached out to Deshawn Watson and have him part process to select a new VP of Football Operations.

Everybody saves face.

If true, I doubt any of the sports media parasites would even report this until it was done.
It would mean the end of the cash cow trade speculation. A reconciliation is there worst case scenario.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah i get it ...but hes young. Really young. Also think mcaffrey can semi be replaced....mike davis was not

take the qb.
yeah I agree. If there is a player that is a replaceable it would be at the RB position. Will that player have the impact Cmac has...no but it isn’t essential. If the Pathers are interested they should try to work around CMac and try to do their best to add other players. Watson-CMac would be incredibly dangerous.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yeah I agree. If there is a player that is a replaceable it would be at the RB position. Will that player have the impact Cmac has...no but it isn’t essential. If the Pathers are interested they should try to work around CMac and try to do their best to add other players. Watson-CMac would be incredibly dangerous.
They have two really good receivers...thay need a better qb.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Schmoopy1000

When all else fails, Smack em' in the Mouth!
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
hearing dolphins now expressing significant interest, they have the ammo
how much of that is coming from them though?
Dolphins has always been Social media's #1 thought. Have a feeling they throw more at the walls just to see what sticks. So if they are right. they can say see I told ya.

Panthers clearing room tells me they legit want to make a run for him.

So any of this coming from the dolphin camp?
because I all I have heard from the team is they are behind Tua. (which should be said, even if not true right now)

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
hearing dolphins now expressing significant interest, they have the ammo
Wonder if they can stretch this out all off season "XXXX is interested in trading for Watson" then a bit later "YYYY team is interested in trading for Watson" then " ZZZZteam is interested in trading for Watson" Then a slight pause and "QQQQteam is interested in trading for Watson" The Bleacher report use to have a dozen articles on a FA , each one had him going to a different team. Lets face it most of us are suckers for these click bait articles because we are hungry for news on players.

Jikkle

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Panther's clearing up cap space is a non story.

Watson's cap hit would be only 10 million in 2021 if he's traded if I recall correctly. Not a high enough number for them that they would need to clear space for him.

Not to mention you wouldn't clear cap space for a guy that's not even on the trade block yet. If you agree to a trade you could just clear up that cap space than.

Also there is no doubt that the Panthers are going to be all-in in the Watson chase if it happens anyways. If they were willing to part with #8 overall for Stafford it's hard for me to believe the wouldn't be in the mix for Watson.

It's really going to come down to how serious the Jets and the Dolphins want in on Watson. It's hard to get a read on them because it's easy to make a case for why they could and why they wouldn't make a move on Watson. The Jets and Dolphins have defensive minded head coaches and typically those kind of coaches just want pretty good at QB and more focused on the roster as a whole.

Schmoopy1000

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

take the qb.
completely disagree.
You dont get rid of your best offensive weapon for a Qb.
you bring in a QB to use with your best offensive weapon.

McCaffery isnt your standard #1 RB. Quit playing black & white.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wonder if they can stretch this out all off season "XXXX is interested in trading for Watson" then a bit later "YYYY team is interested in trading for Watson" then " ZZZZteam is interested in trading for Watson" Then a slight pause and "QQQQteam is interested in trading for Watson" The Bleacher report use to have a dozen articles on a FA , each one had him going to a different team. Lets face it most of us are suckers for these click bait articles because we are hungry for news on players.
ha! yep we are all suckers........By the end 50% of the teams r gonna be listed
completely disagree.
You dont get rid of your best offensive weapon for a Qb.
you bring in a QB to use with your best offensive weapon.

McCaffery isnt your standard #1 RB. Quit playing black & white.
i didnt play black n white. When mike davis finds success, and you have dj moore, anderson and samuel, the offense should work through a qb. We can agree to disagree. Mcaffrey is great but they arent winning going through him. They brought in a qb that fits that system and mcaffrey already in teddy b.

Last edited:

Schmoopy1000

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ha! yep we are all suckers........By the end 50% of the teams r gonna be listed

i didnt play black n white. When mike davis finds success, and you have dj moore, anderson and samuel, the offense should work through a qb. We can agree to disagree. Mcaffrey is great but they arent winning going through him.
You dont get rid of McCaffery if you decide to destroy your offense.
Which BTW is your offense no matter who your QB is.
only proper thing is ......... oh nvm