• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Deshaun Watson may want out of Houston

Darrell Green Fan

The Voice of Reason
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Some of you need to understand the difference between a massage therapist and a massage you get at places like where Kraft went to.

My wife was a message therapist. She worked with clients at their homes or at ours. So I'm a bit more sensitive to this situation than most. I can assure you a message therapist is not a prostitute and never was. That's an entirely different industry.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Some of you need to understand the difference between a massage therapist and a massage you get at places like where Kraft went to.

My wife was a message therapist. She worked with clients at their homes or at ours. So I'm a bit more sensitive to this situation than most. I can assure you a message therapist is not a prostitute and never was. That's an entirely different industry.
It appears he did not concern himself with the industry involved.
Legitimate or not, he wanted what he wanted.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Friends Joey GIFs | Tenor

FanofPelicans

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When this is all over the Texans have four options.
1. Keep him and act like nothing happened.
2. Try to trade him.
3. Release him, and be done.
4. Release him, and try to recover MILLIONS, in pay.

I really don't see #3 happening, so lets fast forward and say the go with option #1.

It appears he did not concern himself with the industry involved.
Legitimate or not, he wanted what he wanted.

His lack of concern for what the women wanted or were expecting led to trauma for some of these women I am sure. It's easy to see how it could effect their careers.

Dude

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,999.86
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Unbelievable. Will this be the biggest Riches to Rags story in history? Where is the facepalm button?

Battlelyon

2021 Super Bowl Champions Rams
Hoopla Cash
$ 118.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

1. I think this past week revealed enough evidence in the Deshaun Watson case to suggest—suggest, I say—that there’s a good chance Watson will be suspended or put on the Commissioner’s Exempt List (rendering him ineligible to play) for at least part of the 2021 season. I can’t see another team trading for him until his legal situation is resolved.

2. I think, not to harp on Watson, but three things happened in the past week that were bad for him.

• The cases against him got two faces—two massage therapists who spoke publicly against him. One, Ashley Solis, said of Watson: “I got into massage therapy to heal people, to heal their minds and bodies and to bring peace to souls. He took that away from me and he tainted a profession in which I take enormous pride. Flashes of Watson’s face rush to me in a moment. I think of his penis touching me, which sends me into a tailspin. I suffer from panic attacks, anxiety and depression . . . I hope he knows how much pain he has inflicted on me emotionally and physically.”

• Watson’s attorney, Rusty Hardin, did not do a smart thing when he said Solis sought “hush money” to make the case go away. As Mike Florio, a former attorney, wrote at Pro Football Talk:

“Although Hardin uses the term ‘hush money’ to describe the opening settlement demand, the email messages disclosed by Hardin reveal the standard type of pre-litigation communications in which lawyers engage in an attempt to resolve potential claims without litigation by going back and forth in the hopes of reaching a consensus. [Attorney] Scott Gaffield wrote on Watson’s behalf. ‘As I said to [plaintiff’s attorney] Cornelia [Brandfield-Harvey] last week, we don’t believe that the alleged facts show that Deshaun did anything wrong with regards to Ms. Solis, but we are nevertheless happy to continue the conversation around a reasonable settlement figure because we believe he can learn a lesson about having put himself in this situation.’ In other words, Watson’s camp was willing to consider paying something to settle the case because, as Gaffield said, ‘we believe he can learn a lesson about having put himself in this situation.’ … It shows that Watson’s representatives viewed the claims made by Ashley Solis as something that weren’t frivolous but that instead provided a useful opportunity to teach Watson a ‘lesson about having put himself in this situation.’ “

Not good for Watson’s case.

• The rhetoric, and consequences, are ratcheting up. The NFL called Solis’ words “deeply disturbing.” Nike dropped Watson and told CNBC: “We are deeply concerned by the disturbing allegations and have suspended Deshaun Watson.” Beats by Dre and Reliant Energy will no longer do business with Watson.

As one NFL coach told me Saturday, you cannot dismiss Solis’ words, or her emotion. Now, what actually happened is still cloudy, and Watson’s side has produced 18 women who say he never did anything untoward in their sessions over the past five years. But we’ve gone from wondering who would trade for Watson a month ago to wondering two more dire things: Will he play football at all in 2021, and will he be found guilty of any charge of sexual assault, the kind of thing that would put a scarlet letter on Watson for the rest of his career?

Battlelyon

2021 Super Bowl Champions Rams
Hoopla Cash
$ 118.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
3. I think I feel for the error of Aaron Wilson, the fine Houston Chronicle NFL writer who made a bad mistake by telling WEEI in Boston about the Watson case: last month: “In his case, you know, it’s kind of you don’t negotiate with terrorists.” The story was reported Friday night by the Defector. Wilson’s words were way over the line, and he apologized for it Saturday. That was too late, because the paper fired him for his poor choice of words Friday. In a case like this one, you’ve got to straddle the line and not cross it, because you really don’t know what happened Watson and the massage therapists. You might think you know, but you don’t.

thunderc

Hoopla Cash
$ 142,300.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
At this point he may go for pennies on the dollar and he may not play until 2022. He'd be OK then as a serviceable backup. He could surprise us, too.

The league does not want to wash out a black quarterback. He will get another chance. I hope he can keep his nose clean this time.
He said serviceable

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"Houston attorney Tony Buzbee said in a statement Tuesday night that his law firm will amend all 22 of the lawsuits filed against Deshaun Watson to disclose the names of the plaintiffs, "even those not currently subject to any court order."

R.J. MacReady

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
...notice how quite both sides have been?

That usually means that both sides are talking. And I'm sure it's all about the money at this point.
He is still going to end up being suspended for a number of games. He will have to come clean with the NFL that he at least
engaged in a pay for sex deal with some of these message therapist.

He has no choice but to admit he paid for sex, nobody's muscles can be that sore. (Well, maybe just one muscle)

Darrell Green Fan

The Voice of Reason
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So what's going to happen with this guy? Seems like the news has disappeared since spring.

FanofPelicans

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So what's going to happen with this guy? Seems like the news has disappeared since spring.
He hasn't been able to reach a settlement agreement. That has to happen before any NFL team would consider him. The NFL wont even start to suspend him until he resolves his issues. Ultimately I think he gets traded.

Darrell Green Fan

The Voice of Reason
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He hasn't been able to reach a settlement agreement. That has to happen before any NFL team would consider him. The NFL wont even start to suspend him until he resolves his issues. Ultimately I think he gets traded.

Fascinating to see what his trade value will be today as opposed to before this story broke. Not sure why he needs to reach settlement agreements before the league can issue a punishment.

Schmoopy1000

When all else fails, Smack em' in the Mouth!
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fascinating to see what his trade value will be today as opposed to before this story broke. Not sure why he needs to reach settlement agreements before the league can issue a punishment.
didnt matter with Zeke.
hell NFLs own investigators were against the chick.
Goodell will do what he wants. There is nothing about settlements before Goodell acts. He will when he wants too.

Jikkle

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
My guess is he'll get traded next offseason.

He'll need to lay low to put this mess behind him and if I'm the Texans I'd want to know where the picks I'm getting are before I pull the trigger so they really don't have incentive to move him until the end of the season.

Stakesarehigh

One day it will all make sense
Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bumping just to say: since this thread, CJ Stroud has thrown more NFL TDs than Watson.

in terms of the Browns POV they wouldn't have been bad enough to get Stroud regardless. For the Texans....yes they are winning this trade going away so far. It can still be a trade where both teams win but in terms of value there is almost nothing that can happen short of Cleveland winning a super bowl that can push them ahead.

Superbelt

Castigat ridendo mores
Hoopla Cash
$ 223.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
in terms of the Browns POV they wouldn't have been bad enough to get Stroud regardless. For the Texans....yes they are winning this trade going away so far. It can still be a trade where both teams win but in terms of value there is almost nothing that can happen short of Cleveland winning a super bowl that can push them ahead.
The Browns traded 3 1st round picks, a a 3rd and 2 4ths to get Watson.

The Trade that Carolina did to go from 9th to 1st overall pick was D.J Moore, 2 1sts, and 2 2nds.

The Browns were at 12. I think they could have been competitive if they wanted to get Stroud, and didn't do the Watson trade.

But then, Cleveland might have picked Bryce Young anyway.

Stakesarehigh

One day it will all make sense
Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Browns traded 3 1st round picks, a a 3rd and 2 4ths to get Watson.

The Trade that Carolina did to go from 9th to 1st overall pick was D.J Moore, 2 1sts, and 2 2nds.

The Browns were at 12. I think they could have been competitive if they wanted to get Stroud, and didn't do the Watson trade.

But then, Cleveland might have picked Bryce Young anyway.

fair take. I just can't see them trading for a rookie qb with a vet team

As to Stroud vs Young it all comes down to how the Browns feel about S2 testing versus tangible football skill and size.

Young may very well pan out but he's super small.