• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Deshaun Watson may want out of Houston

Stakesarehigh

One day it will all make sense
Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I did suggest Trevor Siemian (Jets PS) on the Off-Season NBA thread if you want a serious answer.

:noidea:

don't hate it.

I think what they truly do depends on how DTR does this weekend.

Stakesarehigh

Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The thing that's tough about Ryan is he's a statue in the pocket.

It's really fucking stupid to have a trade deadline in the NFL with 9 weeks to go. Too many injuries.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The thing that's tough about Ryan is he's a statue in the pocket.

It's really fucking stupid to have a trade deadline in the NFL with 9 weeks to go. Too many injuries.

Sure, but the Browns did have the answer on their roster in Dobbs but traded him away as superfluous before the season. Hindsight though...

Stakesarehigh

Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sure, but the Browns did have the answer on their roster in Dobbs but traded him away as superfluous before the season. Hindsight though...

no doubt

to be fair he'd never done anything remotely close to this in his life. The Steelers didn't even keep him as a 3rd stringer.

It's not quite Kurt Warner level shit but it's not far off.

Stakesarehigh

Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But even then I'd have kept Dobbs over trading him away for a 6th rounder. Weird decision

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My point was it looks like a bad trade and signing right now....but it's a little early to call it the worst trade ever.

If it was after year 4 and the cut him and said we will suffer for 2 years you might have a point.

They CAN'T cut Watson until the final year because of that dumbass contract. His dead cap in the FINAL year is $70M+ (basically his normal cap hit), but the prior year is like $140M... I don't care how much the cap goes up, you're STUCK with him.

Here was my grade back then - post #58 (Browns get Watson)

Browns are going to Brown..

Might be the dumbest trade in NFL history... and then the resigning? LMFAO... OMG if the rapist gets injured in the next 12 months RIP team. Which... Eh I guess the Browns are used to basically no team.

That contract is FULLY GUARNATEED... it's WORSE than Rodgers' contract who is a) just as talented if not better, b) has been playing recently.

F
F
FFF
F
FF
F
F
F
FF
GRADE

FFFFFFFF

BROWNS... FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 13,171.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
His mom was a masseuse
Goodfellas GIF

DJ

Hoopla Cash
$ 13,171.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
no doubt

to be fair he'd never done anything remotely close to this in his life. The Steelers didn't even keep him as a 3rd stringer.

It's not quite Kurt Warner level shit but it's not far off.
Making a project like DTR was super weird though, even after a good preseason.

And I love my Bruins but he is 2 years away (at least) from being just a backup.

Dr. Strangelove

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They CAN'T cut Watson until the final year because of that dumbass contract. His dead cap in the FINAL year is $70M+ (basically his normal cap hit), but the prior year is like $140M... I don't care how much the cap goes up, you're STUCK with him.

Here was my grade back then - post #58 (Browns get Watson)
They restructured his deal to give them some cap space this year and now for the next 3 years, he is $64mil against the cap each season and they can't get out of it in any way, shape or form. They need to hope the 5th rounder has something and the defense can win some games. Makes this division even more crazy. The good news for the Browns is their schedule has a handful of winnable games and they are sitting good with their tiebreakers so they could conceivably make the play-offs.

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They restructured his deal to give them some cap space this year and now for the next 3 years, he is $64mil against the cap each season and they can't get out of it in any way, shape or form. They need to hope the 5th rounder has something and the defense can win some games. Makes this division even more crazy. The good news for the Browns is their schedule has a handful of winnable games and they are sitting good with their tiebreakers so they could conceivably make the play-offs.

They can surrender 3 more 1sts for some crappy cap rich team to take him off their books :pound:

DJ

Hoopla Cash
$ 13,171.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep.

DJ

Hoopla Cash
$ 13,171.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And it's a bit early to be writing him off.

He had shown some flashes back to the old Watson form. Leading them to wins and such in the 4th quarter. Not quite all the way back but better than last season.

Dr. Strangelove

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looking at Clevelands cap situation, they might be able to get by through 2024. They will be at 97% of the cap going in so they might be able to manipulate that. 2025, on the other hand is going to be rough. Cooper and Chubb will be a FA and likely the Browns won't resign either one. Myles Garrett's cap hit balloons to almost 35 mil and another 6 contracts above or close to 20 mil including most of the Oline. My only point in mentioning this is that they will need to hit in the draft at the skill positions because they will not be able to bring in anyone like Cooper. Njoku could be a cap casualty as well. They need Watson to come back and fully be back to his 2019-2020 form, which is now getting close to 5 years removed. Even though we've seen some flashes of that, he really isn't anywhere close.

Last edited:

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looking at Clevelands cap situation, they might be able to get by through 2024. They will be at 97% of the cap going in so they might be able to manipulate that. 2025, on the other hand is going to be rough. Cooper and Chubb will be a FA and likely the Browns won't resign either one. Myles Garrett's cap hit balloons to almost 35 mil and another 6 contracts above or close to 20 mil including most of the Oline. My only point in mentioning this is that they will need to hit in the draft at the skill positions because they will not be able to bring in anyone like Cooper. Njoku could be a cap casualty as well. They need Watson to come back and fully be back to his 2019-2020 form, which is now getting close to 5 years removed. Even though we've seen some flashes of that, he really isn't anywhere close.

Yeah, Cooper and Chubb will be hitting that age range where it's probably best not to continue to invest there. They may need to make some decisions re: Garrett and OL to see if they can flip them to contenders for high draft pick compensation to reset those salaries.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, Cooper and Chubb will be hitting that age range where it's probably best not to continue to invest there. They may need to make some decisions re: Garrett and OL to see if they can flip them to contenders for high draft pick compensation to reset those salaries.
Garrett isn’t going anywhere. It would be OL and Ward if anyone goes in 2 years.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Garrett isn’t going anywhere. It would be OL and Ward if anyone goes in 2 years.

I would expect them to keep him as well, but it likely depends if they're in contention and what the market would dictate. Browns may have a drafted edge in waiting by then?

Stakesarehigh

Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would expect them to keep him as well, but it likely depends if they're in contention and what the market would dictate. Browns may have a drafted edge in waiting by then?

he's one of the most dominant players in the league

he's staying