• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Deshaun Watson may want out of Houston

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Miami is the only team that could work a realistic trade

R.J. MacReady

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sure.

In his defense though, it was either sign the extension or take franchise tags 1 year at a time. And with his injury history, he was probably right to take it.

And the Texans have been run horribly the last couple years, so easy to understand his POV.
So he signs a multi year deal as insurance against an injury but does so knowing the history of management .

So no, it's not easy to understand his point of view.

Dr. Strangelove

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Miami is the only team that could work a realistic trade
Miami could give back the picks they got in the Tunsil deal plus Tua and maybe a 2nd or 3rd. Jets could conceivably give up the 2nd overall plus Darnold and the 3rd they got from Seattle and maybe the pick they got from the Giants. I still don't know if I wouldn't want more if I'm the Texans.
If a trade does come down the pipe, the Texans could get a Herschel Walker type of haul.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Miami could give back the picks they got in the Tunsil deal plus Tua and maybe a 2nd or 3rd. Jets could conceivably give up the 2nd overall plus Darnold and the 3rd they got from Seattle and maybe the pick they got from the Giants. I still don't know if I wouldn't want more if I'm the Texans.
If a trade does come down the pipe, the Texans could get a Herschel Walker type of haul.
I don't think Darnold would go over well with the fanbase or locker room. Tua and a top 3 pick is at least tolerable.

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd trade Carr, 3 firsts, and a 2nd rounder for Watson.
shocked mr bean GIF

BrownEyedGirl

Let's Go Islanders!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think it would actually be the best thing for Houston to do. They have basically no draft picks anytime soon thanks for O'Brien and they clearly need help on both sides of the ball and so a trade for picks and players would probably be a good long term thing to do. Trade Watson for picks and/or players and also trade Watt for picks and/or players. Do a rebuilt and rebrand basically.

Dr. Strangelove

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think it would actually be the best thing for Houston to do. They have basically no draft picks anytime soon thanks for O'Brien and they clearly need help on both sides of the ball and so a trade for picks and players would probably be a good long term thing to do. Trade Watson for picks and/or players and also trade Watt for picks and/or players. Do a rebuilt and rebrand basically.
I'm not sure they will try to trade Watt. From what I've been reading and seeing, they will cut him with a fairly small cap hit and let him test the waters. I do agree that Houston needs a lot of help and needs to recover from all the damage caused by O'Brien. The more draft picks they can get, the better. They are in full rebuild mode.

Peter Gozintite

NO!...but yes.
Hoopla Pickems Staff
Hoopla Cash
$ 103,499.99
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Big news being talked about all over the internet today. It seems Deshaun Watson has talked to team mates about potentially asking the Houston Texans brass to trade him. If so and if the new GM is willing, he will immediately become the hottest item in the league and a number of teams would sell the farm to get him, imo.
Deshaun Watson trade rumors: Texans QB could request trade after Nick Caserio hire
I would give up just about everything for a guy like him. Ironic the Bears could have already had him if they didnt shit the bed in the draft.

megalodon30

Archduke of Crosstown Busses
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,967.56
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Need to get him in Denver. Mahomes, Herbert, AND Watson in the same division... Fireworks.

10HtownRebs

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,298,636.39
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Big news being talked about all over the internet today. It seems Deshaun Watson has talked to team mates about potentially asking the Houston Texans brass to trade him. If so and if the new GM is willing, he will immediately become the hottest item in the league and a number of teams would sell the farm to get him, imo.
Deshaun Watson trade rumors: Texans QB could request trade after Nick Caserio hire

MF'er ain't won shit. Let him go.

Him and Harden can get the fuck out of our town.

Schmoopy1000

When all else fails, Smack em' in the Mouth!
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To bad for the Eagles that O'Brien isnt with the Texans anymore. He could have been their savior.
Traded Watson for Wentz & Wentz contract & throw in a 2nd for good measure. he would give 1sts but already dealt his 1sts (think that is how it was said LOL)
Eagle fans has got to be mad !

amirite @RobToxin :becky:

Jikkle

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
A few teams can realistically make a move for him it just depends on the willingness of Houston to move him.

The top teams in the draft are in play as they can offer their pick which allows Houston to draft a QB plus obtain some picks in the process.

Teams with poor or even average QB situations would explore it to see how they can make it happen. Bears, Colts, Washington, Raiders, 9ers, and etc would probably all be in the mix.

Teams I'd watch out for are the Raiders because Gruden can offer Carr and he's the type that would have no problem overpaying in a trade to get him.

9ers because they can offer Jimmy G who Caserio the new GM was with the Pats when he was drafted and if they go with a Patriot Way coach they could figure they can win with him.

Ultimately I don't think he gets traded as I see Houston will smooth things over with the coaching search and let Watson have more input in that process.

Schmoopy1000

When all else fails, Smack em' in the Mouth!
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A few teams can realistically make a move for him it just depends on the willingness of Houston to move him.

The top teams in the draft are in play as they can offer their pick which allows Houston to draft a QB plus obtain some picks in the process.

Teams with poor or even average QB situations would explore it to see how they can make it happen. Bears, Colts, Washington, Raiders, 9ers, and etc would probably all be in the mix.

Teams I'd watch out for are the Raiders because Gruden can offer Carr and he's the type that would have no problem overpaying in a trade to get him.

9ers because they can offer Jimmy G who Caserio the new GM was with the Pats when he was drafted and if they go with a Patriot Way coach they could figure they can win with him.

Ultimately I don't think he gets traded as I see Houston will smooth things over with the coaching search and let Watson have more input in that process.
there is no way he gets traded.
he just signed a 4 year extension to his rookie deal. They have him locked up till 2025 & a cap hit (if on the team) of only 15.9 mil for 2021 where the cap went down. he can cry all he wants. he isnt going anywhere. His contracts is guaranteed through 2022.

Sounds like Watt should get out of his ear.

RobToxin

Roid Raging
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.08
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Anyone who wants Watson will have to get very creative and have to swallow a good chunk of the Texans cap hit.

The Texans wouldn't be able to afford to trade him without that.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So he signs a multi year deal as insurance against an injury but does so knowing the history of management .

So no, it's not easy to understand his point of view.

It isn’t like he would have been a free agent. Houston could have kept him on a franchise tag against his will for years.

It is better for both sides that he sign. Even if he knows he wants out.

And now he has more trade value for the Texans too.