• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Denver Broncos 2020 Off-Season Thread

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jordan Phillips is the guy I'd love to see in Orange. He seems under the radar, but he would be a big plus in the interior DL.

I worry Phillips' stats were way out of proportion for what he brings to the table. You don't usually see as high of a sack rate compared to pressure like he had this past season. Sacks are usually a stat that fluctuates quite a bit.

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I worry Phillips' stats were way out of proportion for what he brings to the table. You don't usually see as high of a sack rate compared to pressure like he had this past season. Sacks are usually a stat that fluctuates quite a bit.

Good point. I still think he is right for the job - at about 1/2 the price of Reader. He knocks down a lot of passes - nothing suspect about that stat.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good point. I still think he is right for the job - at about 1/2 the price of Reader. He knocks down a lot of passes - nothing suspect about that stat.

If he is half the price then yeah I would rather have him as offers the Broncos a chance to add a lot more to other positions or even anther DL.

fightinredantz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am a little surprised Joe Flacco is still on the roster. Not sure what they are waiting for to show him the door.

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am a little surprised Joe Flacco is still on the roster. Not sure what they are waiting for to show him the door.

Flacco's neck injury has to officially resolve before the Broncos make a "decision" on him.

fightinredantz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Flacco's neck injury has to officially resolve before the Broncos make a "decision" on him.

Seems like that should have been done by now. Any one know a timeline on determining if he is healthy or not?

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Flacco wanted a 2nd opinion on his neck. So until those results come back the team is at a stand still when it comes to cutting him. They are also hoping someone will get stupid enough to trade for him. It won't happen unless half the league goes down with injuries but for now there isn't much motivation for the broncos to cut him even when he is cleared medically until they actually need the money. The reality is his contract is what the draft class/left over money would be needed anyway. So they can spend all of their cap then just cut him when they need the space open for the draft.

58crash

must own
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am good with Skipping DL in the first part of FA all together. Draft that!

Pick up a walker type like we did a few years back for the vet minimum

Go for the throat and get the best WR we can get via trade or Cooper.

first or Second round Draft a DE! To heck with paying 3-4 DE that kind of money.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am good with Skipping DL in the first part of FA all together. Draft that!

Pick up a walker type like we did a few years back for the vet minimum

Go for the throat and get the best WR we can get via trade or Cooper.

first or Second round Draft a DE! To heck with paying 3-4 DE that kind of money.

Couple of issues here...

1) I would say the two most important positions on the defense to make a Fangio defense work are interior DL and Safeties. So putting 2nd tier level talent on the DL I'm just not sure how viable that would be.

2) This is a really bad draft for the IDL in my opinion. You have Derrick Brown and Javon Kinlaw. Beyond those two it is a huge drop off to the next tier of players. Plus DL have been notorious for taking time to develop. Look at the top one taken last year Quinnen Williams. I fully expect him to have a huge leap this year as the guy is too talented not to but he was average at best as a rookie. Ed Oliver is a guy I really liked as heck his picture is still in my Avi (need to change that here sometime). He had a very up and down performance as a rookie. So depending on a rookie to come in and be an impact player is asking a lot. Not saying don't draft one but I wouldn't mind the Broncos spending some big money on the DL and then adding some draft capital to the group as well. They really have 3 guys they have to replace this offseason.

58crash

must own
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Couple of issues here...

1) I would say the two most important positions on the defense to make a Fangio defense work are interior DL and Safeties. So putting 2nd tier level talent on the DL I'm just not sure how viable that would be.

2) This is a really bad draft for the IDL in my opinion. You have Derrick Brown and Javon Kinlaw. Beyond those two it is a huge drop off to the next tier of players. Plus DL have been notorious for taking time to develop. Look at the top one taken last year Quinnen Williams. I fully expect him to have a huge leap this year as the guy is too talented not to but he was average at best as a rookie. Ed Oliver is a guy I really liked as heck his picture is still in my Avi (need to change that here sometime). He had a very up and down performance as a rookie. So depending on a rookie to come in and be an impact player is asking a lot. Not saying don't draft one but I wouldn't mind the Broncos spending some big money on the DL and then adding some draft capital to the group as well. They really have 3 guys they have to replace this offseason.

1 Harris was the second tier. I was talking back up Draft the starter.

2 Even if you pay 12 million for the fancy guys you are one play from being back to a second-tier guy.
3 we need to get way better on O at WR we need that this year to make our QB keep developing

4 Walker and Jones need to start IMO sink or swim.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1 Harris was the second tier. I was talking back up Draft the starter.

2 Even if you pay 12 million for the fancy guys you are one play from being back to a second-tier guy.
3 we need to get way better on O at WR we need that this year to make our QB keep developing

4 Walker and Jones need to start IMO sink or swim.

It wouldn't shock me to see Jones starting. Walker though just isn't going to cut it. He is a good rotation piece but he has proven over and over he just cannot be trusted to be an everydown kind of player.

I wouldn't mind them picking up a WR in FA. Heck wouldn't mind even spending decent money on a guy like Cooper because he is such a good fit for the system and like you said developing Lock should be priority 1 this offseason. I feel like you can sign Cooper and a high end DL though in FA and still have plenty of cap space.

58crash

must own
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bears ILB Nick Kwiatkoski is coming into his own ... and...

December 30, 2019 05:52 PM
Bears' Nick Kwiatkoski: Finishes career year
by RotoWire Staff | RotoWire

Kwiatkoski notched eight tackles in the Bears' 21-19 victory over the Vikings in Week 17, and he ended the season with 76 tackles, three sacks and an interception.

Kwiatkoski was a strong IDP option after taking over the starting job at linebacker when Danny Trevathan was lost for the season in November. Largely due to opportunity, he easily posted the best season of his career, establishing career-highs in tackles and sacks, and his success could help him land a multiyear contract as he enters the offseason as an unrestricted free agent. His fantasy value will be determined upon his landing spot.

December 23, 2019 12:48 AM
Bears' Nick Kwiatkoski: Double-digit tackles

Kwiatkoski tallied 11 tackles in the Bears' 26-3 loss to the Chiefs on Sunday.

With Danny Trevathan on injured reserve, Kwiatkoski continued to fill in admirably by posting at least eight tackles for the third time in four games. He'll be a high-floor IDP option in Week 17 against the Vikings.

December 15, 2019 06:16 PM
Bears' Nick Kwiatkoski: Notches third sack of season

Kwiatkoski recorded a sack and five tackles in the Bears 21-13 loss to the Packers on Sunday.

Kwiatkoski continues to be a solid IDP option while Danny Trevathan misses time, as he's averaged seven tackles over the last four weeks, and if Trevathan misses the Week 16 home contest against the Chiefs, Kwiatkoski will be a solid lineup option for fantasy managers.

December 6, 2019 10:48 AM
Bears' Nick Kwiatkoski: Highly productive in victory

Kwiatkoski notched 10 tackles in the Bears' 31-24 win over the Cowboys on Thursday.

Kwiatkoski's been filling in for Danny Trevathan, and he's seen a full-time snap share in four of the last five games. During that time, he's posted at least eight tackles on three occasions, making him a strong IDP option as long as Trevathan remains sidelined.

November 30, 2019 12:04 AM
Bears' Nick Kwiatkoski: Solid performance

Kwiatkoski recorded eight tackles in the Bears' 24-20 win over the Lions on Thursday.

With Danny Trevathan missing his third straight game, Kwiatkoski filled in nicely and finished second on the team in tackles. However, he's been inconsistent with his starting opportunities, making him a risky IDP option as long as Trevathan continues to miss time.

November 10, 2019 06:04 PM
Bears' Nick Kwiatkoski: Massive day

Kwiatkoski posted a sack, an interception and 10 tackles in Chicago's 20-13 win over the Lions on Sunday.

Once Danny Trevathan was forced from the game with his arm in a sling, Kwiatkoski took over and posted one of the best games of his career. If Trevathan is forced to miss time, Kwiatkoski could easily slot in as a strong IDP option based on his ability to pile up tackles.

September 29, 2019 08:32 PM
Bears' Nick Kwiatkoski: Strong performance

Kwiatkoski posted a sack and 10 tackles in the Bears' 16-6 win over the Vikings on Sunday.

Kwiatkoski moved into the starting lineup with Roquan Smith (personal) missing this contest. Should Smith be forced to miss additional time, Kwiatkoski would instantly become a viable IDP option.

September 15, 2019 03:04 PM
Bears' Nick Kwiatkoski: Set for Week 2

Kwiatkoski (knee) is officially active for Sunday's game against the Broncos, Kevin Fishbain of The Athletic reports.

Kwiatkoski popped up on the injury report Friday after he was limited with a knee injury. Now that he's officially active, expect the 2016 fourth-round pick to resume his usual role on special teams.

September 13, 2019 04:20 PM
Bears' Nick Kwiatkoski: Questionable for Week 2

Kwiatkoski (knee) is considered questionable for Sunday's contest against Denver, Jeff Dickerson of ESPN.com reports.

Kwiatkoski was healthy until being limited in Friday's practice by this knee issue. If he can manage to suit up Sunday, he'll likely be limited to his usual role on special teams.

January 7, 2018 01:40 AM
Bears' Nick Kwiatkoski: Finishes 2017 with 49 tackles

Kwiatkoski registered a pair of sacks and a forced fumble along with 49 tackles in 11 games in his second season with the Bears.

Kwiatkoski became a regular in the Bears' linebacker corps in Week 10 after injuries and suspensions left the Bears thin at the position. After collecting sacks in two straight games, he failed to notch another in any of the last six games. He also failed to exceed three tackles in any of his first four starts, but he finished the season on a high note while averaging 8.67 tackles in the last three games of the year. He's signed for the next two years, but unless he can permanently move into the starting lineup he won't be a reliable IDP.

November 20, 2017 08:36 PM
Bears' Nick Kwiatkoski: Sacks quarterback in second straight contest

Kwiatkoski recorded a sack and three tackles in Sunday's 27-24 loss to the Lions.

Although Kwiatkoski has recorded four or fewer tackles in three of the four games he's played this season, he's collected sacks in each of his last two matchups. He's not an elite IDP option at linebacker, but his production in the two games since returning to the lineup makes him an interesting streaming option while he stays hot.

November 13, 2017 08:08 PM
Bears' Nick Kwiatkoski: Notches sack in Week 10 loss

Kwiatkoski collected a sack and 10 tackles in Chicago's 23-16 loss to the Packers.

Although he was active in Week 7, this was the first real playing time Kwiatkoski has received since Week 2, and he was the most productive Bears defender in this game. When Danny Trevathan (calf) returns, the coaching staff will likely have to decide whether to keep Kwiatkoski or Christian Jones in the starting lineup. Whomever is declared the starter will have IDP value based on the potential to post big tackle numbers.

October 22, 2017 12:08 PM
Bears' Nick Kwiatkoski: Active Week 7

Kwiatkoski (pectoral) is active for Sunday's tilt against Carolina.

Kwiatkoski has sat out the Bears' last four games. Now that he's back, look for Kwiatkoski to return to the starting lineup and bump Christian Jones back to a depth role.

October 21, 2017 12:56 PM
Bears' Nick Kwiatkoski: Questionable for Sunday

Kwiatkoski (pectoral) is listed as questionable for Sunday's game against the Panthers.

Kwiatkoski hasn't played a snap since Week 2 against the Bucs, and this is the second straight week he's received a Friday questionable designation. The second-year linebacker is set to be a starter when he returns, so that full workload should blossom into a nice fantasy contribution. However, he should still be considered a wait-and-see option until that time comes.

October 16, 2017 03:38 AM
Bears' Nick Kwiatkoski: Ruled out for Week 6

Kwiatkoski (pectoral) is inactive for Sunday's game against the Ravens.

Kwiatkoski's absence shouldn't have much of an impact on the Bears' defense in Week 6, as he only appeared on 23 defensive snaps so far this season.

October 13, 2017 03:08 PM
Bears' Nick Kwiatkoski: Questionable for Sunday

Kwiatkoski (pectoral) is listed as questionable for Sunday's game against the Ravens.

Kwiatkoski was listed as doubtful ahead of a Week 5 matchup with the Vikings, so the questionable designation shows progress. Nevertheless, he hasn't played a snap since Week 2, so he may not see a full allotment of playing time even if he's able to suit up.

October 9, 2017 07:12 PM
Bears' Nick Kwiatkoski: Inactive Monday

Kwiatkoski (pectoral) is inactive for Monday's game against the Vikings.

Kwiatkoski was originally listed as doubtful to play, so him being ruled out Monday isn't a surprise. With fellow inside linebacker Danny Trevathan (suspension) not playing either, the Bears will turn to a combination of John Timu, Christian Jones and Jonathan Anderson to man the middle of the defense.

October 7, 2017 04:00 PM
Bears' Nick Kwiatkoski: Status for Monday in jeopardy

Kwiatkoski (chest) did not practice Saturday and is marked as doubtful for Monday's game against the Vikings, Colleen Kane of the Chicago Tribune reports.

Kwiatkoski has been battling injuries everywhere he has looked over the past several weeks so his availability for Monday appears bleak at the moment. If Kwiatkoski can't suit up, Christian Jones should be the primary beneficiary.

September 28, 2017 08:36 PM
Bears' Nick Kwiatkoski: Out for Thursday's game

Kwiatkoski (chest) is inactive for Thursday's game against the Packers.

Kwiatkoski injured his chest in Week 2 and was always trending towards sitting out Thursday after not practicing on a short week. John Timu will likely see extended work in Kwiatkoski's absence.

September 27, 2017 08:24 PM
Bears' Nick Kwiatkoski: Doubtful for Thursday

Kwiatkoski (chest) is listed as doubtful for Thursday night's game against the Packers.

Kwiatkoski did not practice this week after exiting Sunday's game against the Steelers with the injury. The quick turnaround spelled trouble from the beginning, but if he isn't able to play Thursday the 24-year-old will have a handful of extra days to rest up as the Bears play the Vikings on Monday night Week 5.

listopencil

I've Seen Better Days
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Walker and Jones need to start IMO sink or swim.

It wouldn't shock me to see Jones starting. Walker though just isn't going to cut it. He is a good rotation piece but he has proven over and over he just cannot be trusted to be an everydown kind of player.

Are you guys talking about DeMarcus Walker?

58crash

must own
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Are you guys talking about DeMarcus Walker?

Yes, I am talking about him. He gets paid either be able to do his job or cut him for someone that can do their job.

One play and he is your starter. So why keep around a player you don't want as a starter.

58crash

must own
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also, another way to think about him why to pay him if he can not start there are plenty of vet minimum guys that can start

fightinredantz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Walker really brings that pass rush for the DE position which can be invaluable, but he might be a better fit in a 4-3.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes, I am talking about him. He gets paid either be able to do his job or cut him for someone that can do their job.

One play and he is your starter. So why keep around a player you don't want as a starter.

Not every backup will be starter quality though. There are some positions that end up deep. Last year for the Broncos I would say the safety position was pretty deep. Other positions like CB they did not have starter quality players and it showed more and more as the season progressed. I don't mind Walker being on the roster. I just don't view him as a starter quality kind of player. I would like to see the Broncos add 2 DL in FA and then another through the draft.

fightinredantz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am a little surprised the Wolfe hasn't resigned yet. Maybe terms are agreed to, but not finalized yet.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am a little surprised the Wolfe hasn't resigned yet. Maybe terms are agreed to, but not finalized yet.

Sounds like he wants something similar to the deal he got this last time around where the broncos are closer to the $6-7 million area of getting a deal done. He felt a bit insulted by that offer and so both sides are good with him testing the open market.