• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Denver Broncos 2020 Off-Season Thread

CEH

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To me it’s all about Lock and his rookie contract and to maximize you need to start with A huge quality FA WR

A first round WR may pay dividends in 2021 but not so much in 2020

With a stud FA Wr in tow, a 2nd round WR can still provide the same production as a 1st round WR but you have that stud WR opposite Courtland
And the future stud in the slot.

game on

let’s just say Lock lines up and sees Cooper , Sutton and Regor or Sims or Shenault and Lindsey

trade for Slay if he does not resign with DET and use a 3rd and 4th to. Acquire Simmons who I would love to see Vic use.

that would be a crazy offseason and with the money and draft picks not that crazy.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To me it’s all about Lock and his rookie contract and to maximize you need to start with A huge quality FA WR

A first round WR may pay dividends in 2021 but not so much in 2020

With a stud FA Wr in tow, a 2nd round WR can still provide the same production as a 1st round WR but you have that stud WR opposite Courtland
And the future stud in the slot.

game on

let’s just say Lock lines up and sees Cooper , Sutton and Regor or Sims or Shenault and Lindsey

trade for Slay if he does not resign with DET and use a 3rd and 4th to. Acquire Simmons who I would love to see Vic use.

that would be a crazy offseason and with the money and draft picks not that crazy.

Teams that actually think they can compete for Super Bowls have no problem trading for known players over the HOPE that a draft pick turns into something. You all know how much I love the draft, but those who get mad about the Broncos trading away draft picks for players just don't understand the overall value. The draft is overrated in the return that a team gets. Yes a QB on a rookie deal is the golden goose of the NFL, but once you find that you have a very small window to make that work.

Look at the Chiefs this past year. Traded their 1st round pick for Frank Clark (pretty big contributor). Yes they did get some pretty good production from their rookie class but to me it was the FA's they brought in that made the biggest difference. Clark, Breeland, Fuller, Mathieu, and even Suggs made some nice plays down the stretch for them. So while the draft does have value and the Broncos should use a majority of their picks I also wouldn't fault them for using some of that draft capital to go get a more known commodity to add especially to the offense.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Browns released TJ Carrie. We nearly signed him last year before the Browns did. Not sure he makes as much sense this year unless we move on from Bryce Callahan because they would have similar roles, imo.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Browns released TJ Carrie. We nearly signed him last year before the Browns did. Not sure he makes as much sense this year unless we move on from Bryce Callahan because they would have similar roles, imo.

Honestly none of the players cut so far make me want to see the Broncos pursue them unless they are coming in on some vet minimum deals. Norman hasn't been the same player for a while that he was with Carolina, Carrie like you said serves a similar role to what we already have, and Richardson has never been able to stay healthy and is a limited impact player when he is.

CEH

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Denver and LAR could be vying for Slay. I’d easily trade our first 3rd round pick and sweeten the pot a little if need be with a later pick.

Broncos need 2 new CBs assuming CHJ walks. Be like selecting a CB in the 3rd anyways but you get a true #1 who can travel and matchup with the opposing #1 WR

still can select a CB anywhere in the draft.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Denver and LAR could be vying for Slay. I’d easily trade our first 3rd round pick and sweeten the pot a little if need be with a later pick.

Broncos need 2 new CBs assuming CHJ walks. Be like selecting a CB in the 3rd anyways but you get a true #1 who can travel and matchup with the opposing #1 WR

still can select a CB anywhere in the draft.

He would easily be worth our 3rd round pick if that is all it takes. I don't care if the Broncos have to pay him a top contract as he is a stud on the field and a true top-5 CB in the league. Broncos have money to spend so might as well get a top player in the league while we are at it.

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The best new talent this year will be getting Chubb back from IR.

fightinredantz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Broncos have some decisions to make some decisions after the combine but before 3/18 when they can officially sign free agents. The first 2 are no brainers in my opinion:
  • Release Joe Flacco and reclaim the $10 Million. His play was average as best.
  • Decline Ron Leary's option making him a free agent to save $8.4 Million.
I think it would make sense to also release Jeff Heuerman. This makes sense after the hiring of Pat Shurmur as he prefers to use 3 WRs and I think we have suitable replacements for much less money. This will also save us $3.8 Million.

No there is 1 more I could see being a candidate and that is Todd Davis. If released he would save $5 Million against the cap, but makes signing another LB mandatory. Davis was not horrible, but is not the coverage LB that we really need.

If the 4 moves above are made we would have just over $79 million in cap space.

I figure Justin Simmons ends up with about $14.5 Million. That would leave us $64.5 million to sign other players.

I think we need to find a Vet at each of the following positions:
  • WR - we will need 2 or 3 total. I think 1 in the free agency and 1 or 2 in the draft.
  • CB - One in free agency and and one in the draft
  • DLine X2 - Sign 2 in free agency and 1 or 2 in the draft to develop and be depth.
I know we still need to address C and/or RG, but I feel we can add players in either the draft or free agency. We don't have to rely on free agency. My guess is we bring in atleast 1 in free agency depending on how we feel about the backups. Right now I think our starting Oline is:
  • LT - Garrett Bolles
  • LG - Dalton Risner
  • C - Patrick Morris
  • RG - Elijah Wilkinson/Austin Schlottmann
  • RT - Ja'Wuan James
That could be a serviceable Oline, but could be upgraded too.

CEH

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Broncos have some decisions to make some decisions after the combine but before 3/18 when they can officially sign free agents. The first 2 are no brainers in my opinion:
I think it would make sense to also release Jeff Heuerman. This makes sense after the hiring of Pat Shurmur as he prefers to use 3 WRs and I think we have suitable replacements for much less money. This will also save us $3.8 Million.

No there is 1 more I could see being a candidate and that is Todd Davis. If released he would save $5 Million against the cap, but makes signing another LB mandatory. Davis was not horrible, but is not the coverage LB that we really need.

I figure Justin Simmons ends up with about $14.5 Million. That would leave us $64.5 million to sign other players.

• WR - we will need 2 or 3 total. I think 1 in the free agency and 1 or 2 in the draft.
  • DLine X2 - Sign 2 in free agency and 1 or 2 in the draft to develop and be depth.
I know we still need to address C and/or RG, but I feel we can add players in either the draft or free agency. We don't have to rely on free agency. My guess is we bring in atleast 1 in free agency depending on how we feel about the backups. Right now I think our starting Oline is:
  • LT - Garrett Bolles
  • LG - Dalton Risner
  • C - Patrick Morris
  • RT - Ja'Wuan James

Chicago ILBer Nick Kaiwkowski
Amari cooper
slay or bouye
Jarred Reed
Simmons

there is my FA class

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

• LT - Garrett Bolles
  • LG - Dalton Risner
  • C - Patrick Morris
  • RT - Ja'Wuan James

This is well thought out - great job. Thanks

58crash

must own
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
155rKY7k8amjVxgDq7jdCQZt26UwKq2-e7ZAV4dkPD4wnm1vPsQBMQ1YMfXPQKBIXoTsmm0X4KwZJHdjKdpkczjli5LsEAV-jlvS71_48lTuY1ufnjxjtWUHrjZ_KOP6I3I=s0-d-e1-ft

My wife for some reason won't wear this?

58crash

must own
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Denver Broncos Free Agency - Mile High Report

he Denver Broncos could lose Will Parks, so does it makes sense to bring in a guy like Deon Bush to help fill the hole Parks would leave behind?

By Tim Lynch@TimLynch1978 Feb 24, 2020
Pretty good read .

I sure hope we keep parks he has been a impact player for us in past games.

When I say Impact I mean plays that win games for the Broncos! Not what most think.