• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Denver Broncos 2020 Off-Season Thread

fightinredantz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So watching the Chiefs offense in the postseason and it seems the only way to consistently beat them is with an offense that can go score for score with them and have a defense that is able to slow them down, and force them to methodically move down the field.

So with that said I think the Broncos need the following:
  • Another difference making weapon on offense, probably a WR. Hamilton and Patrick are nice depth options but not difference makers.
  • More physical play from the offensive line.
  • More speed at ILB
  • A shutdown CB assuming Chris Harris walks.
I think we are probably looking to continuing to grow in 2020 and truly competing with them in 2021, assuming there is a season.

femurov

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,138.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So watching the Chiefs offense in the postseason and it seems the only way to consistently beat them is with an offense that can go score for score with them and have a defense that is able to slow them down, and force them to methodically move down the field.

So with that said I think the Broncos need the following:
  • Another difference making weapon on offense, probably a WR. Hamilton and Patrick are nice depth options but not difference makers.
  • More physical play from the offensive line.
  • More speed at ILB
  • A shutdown CB assuming Chris Harris walks.
I think we are probably looking to continuing to grow in 2020 and truly competing with them in 2021, assuming there is a season.
I'm on board with this. I think we need at least 2 WRs from this great draft class and one has to be a deep threat. This could change after FA, depending on who is going to be out there. I can't think of anyone off the top of my head that I would be interested in, outside of Manny. I wouldn't mind a vet that Lock can trust to move the sticks.

CEH

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mahoomes is Elway
He’ll go to as many Super Bowls as Elway even with his contract which is will only be large for one year since he’ll sign an extension (small in 2021 large in 2022 and then cap will go up to offset his contract within 2 years.

is that an exaggeration on my part ?

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The Patriots have shown everyone how you beat the Chiefs.
First, you take away Tyreek Hill.
Second, you smack the sh*t out of Hardman at the line of scrimmage and he'll do 37 zigs and zags to avoid contact and take himself out of the play.
Third, you put a fast and strong LB on Kelce.
Fourth, you hope and pray that the officials can officiate and not take away two touchdowns

If you can do 1,2,3 for at least half of the game, you make Mahomes hold the ball and you get the sacks.

The Titans had the Chiefs back on their heels and Vrabel made the fatal mistake of taking his foot off the gas in the second period after scoring on a nine and half minute drive. Once you do that, you give the Chiefs a chance to pump up their adrenalin and then they just pull away and take your game away.

Chiefs have 23 players that will be free agents in 2020. The highest paid is Terrel Suggs at $5M. Everyone else is under $4M. Ain't none of them going to take that kind of money to stay in KC. They better win the SB or else they won't be back for 49 more years.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Some interesting news got back here yesterday and was verified today.

Tom Brady went to the UFC fight in vegas Saturday. The fight lasted 40 seconds, but Brady's night was much longer. He spent a big portion of his time with the Las Vegas Raiders Principal Owner and Managing partner Mark Clark Davis. Of course, there wasn't any football talk, that would be tampering.

Brady came back and told the media, "I have a very open mind about where I could be playing in 2020." Think it could be in las vegas and a Silver and Black uniform??

Thought you guys might be interested since you play the Raiders twice a year.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Some interesting news got back here yesterday and was verified today.

Tom Brady went to the UFC fight in vegas Saturday. The fight lasted 40 seconds, but Brady's night was much longer. He spent a big portion of his time with the Las Vegas Raiders Principal Owner and Managing partner Mark Clark Davis. Of course, there wasn't any football talk, that would be tampering.

Brady came back and told the media, "I have a very open mind about where I could be playing in 2020." Think it could be in las vegas and a Silver and Black uniform??

Thought you guys might be interested since you play the Raiders twice a year.

My guess is it will be either the Chargers or Colts. If he were smart I think the Colts would be a great location. Great OL, couple of decent weapons that they can add to, plenty of cap, and some decent pieces on defense while also having a very good FO/Coach.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mahoomes is Elway
He’ll go to as many Super Bowls as Elway even with his contract which is will only be large for one year since he’ll sign an extension (small in 2021 large in 2022 and then cap will go up to offset his contract within 2 years.

is that an exaggeration on my part ?

He is one of the few that is worth investing in big money and knowing his team will still win a lot of games. I will say that even the greats though they do take a hit talent wise with that big contract. Mahomes didn't look quite the same without Tyreek Hill on the field this season.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My guess is it will be either the Chargers or Colts. If he were smart I think the Colts would be a great location. Great OL, couple of decent weapons that they can add to, plenty of cap, and some decent pieces on defense while also having a very good FO/Coach.

Team has absolutely nothing to do with this. Giselle is driving this bus. She hates LA. She like Miami. Las Vegas could be a business gold mine for her and there are dump trucks full of money that could make it worth her while and Tom could get a decent deal to boot. They're out of their house in Brookline, MA and have cut the price from $39M to $33.5M and bought a mansion in Greenwich, CT., which is about 40 minutes from NYC. Buying a $5M place in LV wouldn't be that difficult and I'm sure that Steve Wynn could get them a great deal.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Team has absolutely nothing to do with this. Giselle is driving this bus. She hates LA. She like Miami. Las Vegas could be a business gold mine for her and there are dump trucks full of money that could make it worth her while and Tom could get a decent deal to boot. They're out of their house in Brookline, MA and have cut the price from $39M to $33.5M and bought a mansion in Greenwich, CT., which is about 40 minutes from NYC. Buying a $5M place in LV wouldn't be that difficult and I'm sure that Steve Wynn could get them a great deal.

We shall see. I can't see Jon Gruden signing off on that. He doesn't like QB's that challenge him for top talk of the town. He likes more of the yes sir no sir types that do everything he says.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We shall see. I can't see Jon Gruden signing off on that. He doesn't like QB's that challenge him for top talk of the town. He likes more of the yes sir no sir types that do everything he says.

Gruden doesn't own the team..........nor does he sign the checks.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gruden doesn't own the team..........nor does he sign the checks.

Well Davis has $100 million worth of reasons to listen to him. If Oakland/LV does sign him though honestly it wouldn't change my view of the Raiders moving forward. Brady has been on a decline for quite a few years. He is an average/above average QB at this point which is about what Carr is.

CEH

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He is one of the few that is worth investing in big money and knowing his team will still win a lot of games. I will say that even the greats though they do take a hit talent wise with that big contract. Mahomes didn't look quite the same without Tyreek Hill on the field this season.

but all their stud talent is home grown except Clark. Guys like honey badger won’t break the bank.

Based on current CBA , can’t renegotiate until after 3rd year if drafted so those on rookie deals will be there for 3 years. Mahoomes can do a lot of damage with talent on 3 years on rookie deals.

Unless Andy loses his touch of evaluating talent I’m sure they will reload each year .

this year thorn hill was all rookie as was hardman even without a first.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
but all their stud talent is home grown except Clark. Guys like honey badger won’t break the bank.

Based on current CBA , can’t renegotiate until after 3rd year if drafted so those on rookie deals will be there for 3 years. Mahoomes can do a lot of damage with talent on 3 years on rookie deals.

Unless Andy loses his touch of evaluating talent I’m sure they will reload each year .

this year thorn hill was all rookie as was hardman even without a first.

Oh don't disagree. Just obviously things get a little tougher when you go from $5 million against the cap to maybe closer to $50 million in that same player. Again they will still be a top team every year just might not have every piece they do at this time.

SpringStein

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Do I care about has been Brady?

nope

CEH

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah don’t really care about Brady. For us it’s about Drew Lock for the next year. If Lock is the real deal he’ll be here long after Brady

fightinredantz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

My friend is a Colts fan, and Ballard hadn’t been the flashy free agent type of GM, but more build through the draft and sign guys low with high ceilings or prove it deals.

QB is a huge issue for the Colts as the coaching staff doesn’t seem to trust Brissett, but I don’t think Brady is the answer either. I would look for them to draft a guy to develop and roll with Brissett for at least the start of 2020.

Orange Crush77

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Interesting input bigken

Orange Crush77

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Carl good to see you around, I missed your savvy analysis. Stick around please, us old guys can’t keep up:suds:

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My friend is a Colts fan, and Ballard hadn’t been the flashy free agent type of GM, but more build through the draft and sign guys low with high ceilings or prove it deals.

QB is a huge issue for the Colts as the coaching staff doesn’t seem to trust Brissett, but I don’t think Brady is the answer either. I would look for them to draft a guy to develop and roll with Brissett for at least the start of 2020.

And people I've talked to have said the Colts don't seem like a team that is interested in him. I just think he would be a decent fit where instead of Brissett they go Brady and a young guy to develop. To me they are not a team that needs a star QB to be successful. Get an above average guy and use that cap space/draft capital to surround them with some talent and watch them take off.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Carl good to see you around, I missed your savvy analysis. Stick around please, us old guys can’t keep up:suds:

I'm hoping to stick around. Miss talking with all of you guys and excited for this offseason to see what the Broncos do.