• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Denver Broncos 2020 Off-Season Thread

fightinredantz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am getting back to off-season thoughts and will start with free agents:
Chris Harris - Would say this will come down to what Chris wants. If we wants to play in Denver he can make that happen, but I would say he will follow the $$$ right out of town. I would say 35% chance he returns.

Derek Wolfe - Wolfe wants to stay in Denver, but will have to decide that he will at potentially less then other teams will offer. I would say 75% chance he returns.

Shelby Harris - Will be a lot like Wolfe. He can probably get more money going somewhere else, but may want to stay in Denver and willing to for less money. I would say 45% chance he returns for 2020.

Theo Riddick - I think he probably tests the market, but my find it a bit weak. I could see him coming back on a 1 year deal I would say 50% chance that we see him in training camp.

Casey Kreiter - Long snappers are not real expensive, and seem to come and go. If Krieter is willing to play for about that 1 million salary he could be back. I will go 50% considering we did sign another long snapper to a futures contract.

Adam Gotsis - After being a healthy inactive he was back active and played. He doesn't seem to be a difference maker, but if he was willing to come back to be a rotational Dlinman then he might have a spot, but he might be ready for a change of scenery. I estimate a 35% chance he returns.

Cyrus Jones - My guess is he is not brought back, but might be retained as depth. 25% chance he comes back.

Jeremiah Attachu - He is a guy that made plays, but I could see him looking for some decent money and a chance to start. If he is ok being a rotational depth guy, he could return. 33% chance he returns in 2020.

Corey Nelson - I don't know that the Broncos have any interest in Corey until after the draft. May catch on somewhere else. Not a big deal either way to me.

Justin Simmons - I hope we can work out a contract with him before having to put a frachise tag on him. Probably looking at $14 million per year, and I wouldn't mind seeing a 5 year deal with some outs after year 3. I see no way Justin is not back in Denver next year.

Devontae Booker - I think his time has come to an end in Denver. I like Booker, but it just didnt' work out here. I could find a home a a #2 RB next year. Chance he returns is %5.

Connor McGovern - McGovern is interesting. The line played OK this year, but they were not dominate. I think I like him better as a guard then center. I think he will return in the end. It will depend on what the coaching staff thinks of him. I give it a 66% chance that he will return.

Will Parks - Parks probably leaves with opportunities to start else where, but if there is not an opportunity for him to start I could see him returning as he has carved out a nice role. I give him a 50% to return.

It will be interesting how this plays out.

Elway also said that Lindsay could get a new deal this off-season. I love the way Lindsay plays, and his deal may impact what happens to Freeman.

CEH

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dave Logan said he believes Shelby Harris did not like playing for Vic and his scheme. I'd would say 25% chance he returns for 2020.

Chris Harris wants to play slot CB. Someone like Tampa (among others) could offer more than Elway wants to pay.

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dave Logan said he believes Shelby Harris did not like playing for Vic and his scheme. I'd would say 25% chance he returns for 2020.

Chris Harris wants to play slot CB. Someone like Tampa (among others) could offer more than Elway wants to pay.

Shelby Harris certainly didn't like playing NT where he started off this season, but when injuries forced him to the DE slot - his play got better. He is a favorite of mine, but I think he will not be back because someone else will pay him more.

Duffman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,535.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Shelby Harris seems a lot like Malik Jackson to me. Has a good season and now has this giant ego thinking he's hot stuff, my guess is he'll sign a big money deal like Jackson did and then proceed to flame out like Jackson did. He gets paid but is seen as a fluke and can't replicate any of his success he had in Denver.

fightinredantz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Now looking at potential cuts:
Joe Flacco - This would save $10 million and I don't see us spending $23.65 million for a backup QB.

Ron Leary - This would save ~$8.5 million and his play is not at the level of his contract.

I don't see any other cap related cuts that would be on the horizon. These 2 cuts would give us an estimated ~$78 million in free cap space.

2 other potential cuts would be Todd Davis, freeing up $5 million, and Jeff Heuerman, freeing up $3.75 million. To get us more then $81 in cap space.

I am not sure Todd Davis is a good fit in the Fangio defense and Heuerman is replaceable with the younger guys on our roster. I think both Beck and Fumagalli could replace what Heuerman provides.

Potential Free Agent Signings I would like:
Justin Simmons - He is playing at such a high level, probably looking at $14+ a season.

Connor McGovern - He is the highest rated free agent Center and he is one of our own. I would like to see him kept

Casey Kreiter - Need a long snapper, and he has played at a Pro Bowl level.

Derek Wolfe - He was playing at a very high level this year, and at worst could be a rotational DT if his play declines.

Adam Gotsis - I don't want to pay through the nose for him as he is best suited against the run.

Theo Riddick - He would be a nice receiving threat to add that dynamic to the offense that was missing this year. A 1 year contract similar to the 1 year $2.5 million we paid him this year.

Danny Travathan - He has slipped a little, but could be someone to be a mentor and be a stop gap at ILB next to Alexander Johnson.

Joe Schobert - Tackling machine, not sure about coverage skills.

Blake Martinez - He is also a tackling machine and has done some in coverage.

Joe Thuney - Would be a step up over Leary.

Joe Haeg - Would be a step up over Leary.

Casey Kreiter - Need a long snapper, and he has played at a Pro Bowl level.

Derek Wolfe - He was playing at a very high level this year, and at worst could be a rotational DT if his play declines.

Adam Gotsis - I don't want to pay through the nose for him as he is best suited against the run.

Theo Riddick - He would be a nice receiving threat to add that dynamic to the offense that was missing this year.

CEH

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hangin at the fan 1043 war room with
Stink stokley Orlando Franklin Nick Ferguson

eating BBQ talking football

Attachments

• 1F29A4C6-4F10-4A3A-BC96-69F0E264BCDB.jpeg
    1F29A4C6-4F10-4A3A-BC96-69F0E264BCDB.jpeg
    284.3 KB · Views: 5

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My guess is Flacco is gone along with Leary.

I also don't expect - Todd Davis, Gotsis or Shelby Harris back. Davis because he can't cover the TE. Gotsis and Harris because they don't fit into Fangio's fantasy DL. Unfortunately - Chris Harris Jr. is gone - unless he finds out the league doesn't love him anymore and his price comes down.

Simmons, Krieter, Wolfe and McGovern will be resigned (McGovern maybe as an OG). Theo Riddick will also be back if he's healthy - because he is the OC's type of RB threat out of the backfield.

Bush is the horseshoe leaner here - he is very good if used correctly and presents himself as a financial fit for the roster.

I would love either Schobert or Travathan - or both to play with AJ.

Draft help - CB - Oline - Dline especially. Time to lineup a Bull Rookie replacement for Bolles, but I expect Bolles back.

SpringStein

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Simmons, Krieter, Wolfe and McGovern will be resigned (McGovern maybe as an OG).

Early “out there “ prediction - we select at 15 and then start looking for a trade up partner late in first round, early second giving up our 2nd and one of our third rounders to select Tyler Biadasz (can you say badass?) OC from Wisconsin to be our Center moving McGovern back to OG.

49ers are a Prospective trade partner with Lynch at GM and them not having a 2nd, 3rd, or 4th rounder.

fightinredantz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Eddie Jackson signed a 4 year 58.4 million extension with 33 million guarantees.
Bears make Jackson highest-paid safety in NFL

This will probably be in the neighborhood of what Simmons will get. Maybe a little lower, but I wouldn't expect a lot lower.

fightinredantz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was thinking this morning about all the promising youth there is on the Broncos and thought it would be a good place to start as we are thinking about free agency and the draft. Here is my list of promising young players:
Davontae Harris - CB - 24 years old
Isaac Yiadom - CB - 23 years old
Dre'Mont Jones - DE - 22 years old
DeMarcus Walker - DE 25 years old
Dalton Risner - G - 24 years old
Bradley Chubb - OLB - 23 years old
Drew Lock - QB - 23 years old
Royce Freeman - RB - 23 years old
Phillip Lindsay - RB - 25 years old
Justin Simmons - S - 26 years old - (I include him as I see no way he isn't in Denver next year)
Noah Fant - TE - 22 years old
Andrew Beck - TE/FB - 23 years old
DaeSean Hamilton - WR - 24 years old
Courtland Sutton - WR - 24 years old
Juwann Winfree - WR - 23 years old

I will say that just because a player shows promise it doesn't mean we stay away from the position group. To me though between Dre'Mont Jones and DeMarcus Walker it makes a guys like Shelby Harris and Adam Gotsis more expendable, but makes a guy like Derek Wolfe more valuable as he brings leadership to the position group.

I feel Chris Harris is more of a luxury then a need with the guys at the position, but I think more security at the position is needed. Who knows how Callahan and De'Vante Bausby will return from their injuries.

I really like the guys we have at the QB position assuming that Flacco is released. I would not be opposed to going into next year with a QB depth chart of Lock, Allen, and Rypien. That being said if there is a cheap vet or a guy that we like falls in to day 3 of the draft I am not opposed to adding them.

I really like our one two punch of Lindsay and Freeman, but Freeman seemed to end up in the dog house at the end of the year. I still really like Freeman, but I wouldn't be shocked if we don't shop him in training camp if we draft another in the first 2 days of the draft.

I like Fant, Beck, and Fumagalli as our top 3 TEs and we still have Butt, Howard, and Fort. I think Heuerman could be deemed expendable and save us some cap space.

I do think that need a little more at WR with Hamilton's inconsistent play and Winfree's injury history. Another WR or 2 to push those guys would be welcomed by me.

There is a lot of young talent on this team, especially on offense, but there is a good young core on defense too, but also guys that are closer to the end of their career then the beginning.

It should be an interesting off-season.

58crash

must own
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We are in a good place as a team hoping we keep as much as possible intact.

We are missing One enforcer type at either C or RG .

A WR that is an Impact player.

I think Connor is alright at either spot but He is not an enforcer type.

Has anyone the grades on our OL?

58crash

must own
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not to knock anyone I don't see a true #1 WR on our team as of yet.

Also, Why was Freeman crap this season?

carson

Death by inches
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,018.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just poking around at some draft mocks:

Walter Football-
15. Laviska Shenault, WR, Colorado
46. Tyler Biadasz, C, Wisconsin

Charlie Campbell-
15. Trevon Diggs, CB, Alabama
46. Jordyn Brooks, ILB, Texas Tech

Ryan Wilson, CBS
15. Tee Higgins, WR, Clemson

Chris Trapasso, CBS
15. Javon Kinlaw, OL, South Carolina

Josh Edwards, CBS
15. Henry Ruggs III, WR, Alabama

David Kenyon, Bleacher Report
15. Alex Leatherwood, OL, Alabama

Draftsite.com
15. Grant Delpit, S, LSU
46. Sanford Samuels, CB, FSU

The Buffs homer in me is giddy over the potential of Laviska in a Broncos uniform, but he wasn't always the healthiest in Boulder and this projects to be a draft class very deep at WR. IMO Elway could wait to pick 46 to address the receiver position.

Denver really needs to protect the franchise. I'd prefer they go OL at pick 15. Not sexy but a first-round center would help me sleep better at night. Seeing a lot of DBs mocked; I'm assuming because Vic is a defensive guy and most mocks are lazy. Seeing Delpit's name at 15 is interesting. Denver would really have to go BPA there for that to happen.

fightinredantz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Today I was watching highlights of the 2019 season and it got me thinking about who are the corner stones of this team for the next 3-5 years. Here is the list I have come up with:
Offense:
Courtland Sutton
Dalton Risner
Philip Lindsay

Defense:
Von Miller
Bradley Chubb
Justin Simmons

There are other guys that I hope will develop into those types of players but need a little more from them:
Drew Lock
Noah Fant
Alexander Johnson
Dre'Mont Jones

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like Diggs or Ruggs - going Alabama way. Ruggs is the speed guy who can maximize Lock's arm and stretch the field. Diggs the CB/S who could start to replace Harris.

58crash

must own
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My guess is Flacco is gone along with Leary.

I also don't expect - Todd Davis, Gotsis or Shelby Harris back. Davis because he can't cover the TE. Gotsis and Harris because they don't fit into Fangio's fantasy DL. Unfortunately - Chris Harris Jr. is gone - unless he finds out the league doesn't love him anymore and his price comes down.

Simmons, Krieter, Wolfe and McGovern will be resigned (McGovern maybe as an OG). Theo Riddick will also be back if he's healthy - because he is the OC's type of RB threat out of the backfield.

Bush is the horseshoe leaner here - he is very good if used correctly and presents himself as a financial fit for the roster.

I would love either Schobert or Travathan - or both to play with AJ.

Draft help - CB - Oline - Dline especially. Time to lineup a Bull Rookie replacement for Bolles, but I expect Bolles back.
Elway said he would like Gotsis back....He said they would like C Harris back but then went on with the words for the right money.

58crash

must own
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
His list is mine by the way

58crash

must own
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Chris Harris will be playing for an SB contender IMO. He hated this system . he likes playing man. He stated zone and fangio made him take one for the team this year.

He is gone