• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Pre Season- Denver Broncos @ San Francisco 49ers

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Same as last week basically but I think all yes will be on the first unit OL. McGlinchey still out. Price really struggled in his place. OL has to play better. With a few new faces it will take some time especially with one of them not even playing for us in an actual game yet.

I had no issues with Russ last week. Hope he continues to show progress from his horrid year last year. Like to see Delarrin Turner-Yell have a good game. Mims and Javonte will play this week.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Same as last week basically but I think all yes will be on the first unit OL. McGlinchey still out. Price really struggled in his place. OL has to play better. With a few new faces it will take some time especially with one of them not even playing for us in an actual game yet.

I had no issues with Russ last week. Hope he continues to show progress from his horrid year last year. Like to see Delarrin Turner-Yell have a good game. Mims and Javonte will play this week.

Sounds like DTY has been having a decent camp so far from people I've talked to. Begs the question of how many Safeties they will keep with right now Simmons, Sterns, Jackson, and Locke all looking like locks to make the roster barring injury. Do they keep 5 safeties and if so do you go with the guy showing better in DTY or do you go with the young guy with high upside in Skinner afraid to lose him if you try and sneak him onto the PS?

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sounds like DTY has been having a decent camp so far from people I've talked to. Begs the question of how many Safeties they will keep with right now Simmons, Sterns, Jackson, and Locke all looking like locks to make the roster barring injury. Do they keep 5 safeties and if so do you go with the guy showing better in DTY or do you go with the young guy with high upside in Skinner afraid to lose him if you try and sneak him onto the PS?

Yeah Turner-Yell has been getting a lot of love this past week. Really stepping up.

I feel like Skinne hasn't caught they eye right away but like you said he is more of a future guy anyway. How they handle the S cuts will be interesting. You can't keep 6 but I am fairly sure we keep 5.

Turner-Yell is at this point a better special teams player then Skinner and that is REALLY important when we talk about the 5th S spot because that is basically what you keep a 5th S for. I think we try to pin Skinner on the PS. Still have time left. I would like to see Turner-Yell and Skinner play most of the 3rd PS game.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah Turner-Yell has been getting a lot of love this past week. Really stepping up.

I feel like Skinne hasn't caught they eye right away but like you said he is more of a future guy anyway. How they handle the S cuts will be interesting. You can't keep 6 but I am fairly sure we keep 5.

Turner-Yell is at this point a better special teams player then Skinner and that is REALLY important when we talk about the 5th S spot because that is basically what you keep a 5th S for. I think we try to pin Skinner on the PS. Still have time left. I would like to see Turner-Yell and Skinner play most of the 3rd PS game.

Skinner's injury really set back his opportunity to make a name for himself and has been trying to play catch up ever since. Honestly wouldn't surprise me if the Broncos play him very little over the next couple of preseason games mostly just trying to hide him if they think he could be a decent part of their future.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So players in my opinion that need a big game fighting for those last roster spots...

Already talked about the battle between Skinner and DTY
Montrell Washington actually showed himself well this past game with a couple of nice returns. Needs to keep building on that if he wants that last WR spot.
Jalen Virgil is another that seems to be fighting for that last WR with guys like Washington, Hinton, Humphrey, and Callaway. Had some nice plays in the last game as well but I think he needs to continue with a couple of explosive plays in this one to feel good about his chances.
Alex Forsyth--I have high hopes for this rookie as the long-term solution at Center but right now he is 3rd on the Center depth chart and Wattenberg didn't look terrible. I think he needs a bad game by Wattenberg and a great game by himself to earn that backup center spot.
3rd RB spot--McLaughlin looked the best of the RB's that are fighting for the 3rd spot. Can he build on that with another strong game and this time not fumble?

Final edge rusher spot--Incoom, Haynes, Patrick, and Allen seem to be fighting for possibly one spot and that might only be if Browning is for sure going to PUP

Slot Corner--Williams could miss some time with his injury. Bassey I know had the big interception this past weekend but I'm not a huge fan of his game. Hoping Hicks can show something to justify why he should be the one that sticks around.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sounds like Mims will get some cracks at punt return in this game. Will be interesting to see if he can match what Washington showed last week.

Also Joseph today talked about the plan for Sanders and said they have blitz packages just set up for him and his athleticism but won't show any of them in the preseason. Good to know the Broncos have plenty up their sleeve for once the season actaully gets here.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Skinner's injury really set back his opportunity to make a name for himself and has been trying to play catch up ever since. Honestly wouldn't surprise me if the Broncos play him very little over the next couple of preseason games mostly just trying to hide him if they think he could be a decent part of their future.

That is a good point with trying to hide him. However, I think you have to play him as much as possible in PS to see what you got. I think he has a high chance of clearing waivers and getting to our PS. I think you have to play him now though. It is valuable to get him game experience if you are going to develop him properly and have him move forward as a player. His injury is the reason he went Round 6. Turner-Yell, being the better special teams player is more then likely to beat him out for the active roster. Which I love Turner-Yell so I am happy about that but also high on Skinner so I'd like to see him come in and impress right away. He has good upside. He's likely rusty to start with the injury from last year and IMO even though I get the hiding him, I think you gotta give him live game time and take advantage of the Pre Season for young guys like JL Skinner if you want him to help you later.

There is no better experience and development the game experience.

I remember a lot of times college teams would throw FR out there late in the season and pay close attention to the amount of games played so they didn't burn a RS but the thought was no better development then live game time. You want those guys to gain that experience.

iknowftbll

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My prediction: Since last week we played the Cardinals in preseason and got a random Redskins/Commanders fan here talking [edited for mixed audiences] then this week since we are playing the 49ers we can logically expect a random Eagles fan none of us know to pop in and take each of us to the woodshed of internet dominance.

That's the key takeaway we need to be looking for this week.

Science.

Or something like that. I don't really know.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My prediction: Since last week we played the Cardinals in preseason and got a random Redskins/Commanders fan here talking [edited for mixed audiences] then this week since we are playing the 49ers we can logically expect a random Eagles fan none of us know to pop in and take each of us to the woodshed of internet dominance.

That's the key takeaway we need to be looking for this week.

Science.

Or something like that. I don't really know.

This was funny!

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That is a good point with trying to hide him. However, I think you have to play him as much as possible in PS to see what you got. I think he has a high chance of clearing waivers and getting to our PS. I think you have to play him now though. It is valuable to get him game experience if you are going to develop him properly and have him move forward as a player. His injury is the reason he went Round 6. Turner-Yell, being the better special teams player is more then likely to beat him out for the active roster. Which I love Turner-Yell so I am happy about that but also high on Skinner so I'd like to see him come in and impress right away. He has good upside. He's likely rusty to start with the injury from last year and IMO even though I get the hiding him, I think you gotta give him live game time and take advantage of the Pre Season for young guys like JL Skinner if you want him to help you later.

There is no better experience and development the game experience.

I remember a lot of times college teams would throw FR out there late in the season and pay close attention to the amount of games played so they didn't burn a RS but the thought was no better development then live game time. You want those guys to gain that experience.

Oh agreed. I've actually had parents since I'm connected to football come and ask me for advice on where their kid should go play college football. I had one kid he had offers from Oklahoma, Clemson, and a few other big time schools and I told them he should go to a midtier program where he can start early and get experience then move to a bigger program if that works out.

I have one kid in my youth group that wants to play college football. Unfortunately he wants to play QB and our school is 8-man football. I told him he is going to have to do a lot of extra stuff rather than just be good this upcoming season. I've told him to go to camps with some colleges so they can see you can handle 11-man football. Start watching film based on 11-man and trying to understand the differences in what you will see. Then finally told him his best bet will be go to a smaller program, learn and get some experience to stand a chance of making it as a QB.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Watching some old Seattle games and just thinking about Mims being in the Tyler Lockett role for this offense. Some similarities to their game and if that is the case then Wilson could really thrive with Mims as that 3rd WR option.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Are you guys ready for the game? We need to rest tonight. We have a game to play.

SpringStein

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I’m sitting this one out with a bad back.

megalodon30

Archduke of Crosstown Busses
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,967.56
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cards D playing well against Mahomes so far. Hopefully it's a sign they're just gonna have a good defense this year, and that's why our o-line struggled as much as it did...