• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Pre Season- Denver Broncos @ San Francisco 49ers

Duffman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,535.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good to see Gregory on the board with a sack, also Cooper with a good one as well. And some good plays by Zach Allen tonight too,

Duffman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,535.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not surprised Gregory is still playing. Payton making him earn it he doesn’t get a pass like some of the other starters.

CEH

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Niners are gonna be good with Purdy this year.
9ers roster is stacked at every level on both sides of the ball

however Kyle is not immune to football ignorance whiffing on the 3rd overall pick for the last pick in the draft.

funny both Darnold and Lance #3 overall purdy #226

Duffman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,535.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This week and last week proved that no matter what year we’re in, the Broncos depth is always a killer.

Duffman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,535.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seems like Stidham and DiNucci swapped jerseys this game.

Duffman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,535.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Man this 3rd string defense is rough. They blew the game last week they might do it again this week.

Duffman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,535.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ya our 3rd string defense is awful. Only preseason but it still would’ve been nice to get a win for morale sake.

Duffman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,535.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maher ends the night 100% with 2 FG’s and 2 XP’s and Riley Dixon had a heck of a game too. Other than a muffed kickoff return by McLaughlin that he got back quickly special teams was perfect tonight including recovering a muffed punt by SF.

megalodon30

Archduke of Crosstown Busses
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,967.56
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Two weeks in a row, Joseph doesn't have a plan for a 2 minute offense. Maybe using his 1st string players will be different.

Maybe...

SpringStein

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oline certainly looked better this week.

Don’t see how McLaughlin can be kept off the roster.

Allen and Cooper had a good first half, good to see some pressure. Garcia and Bonito looked good the second half for the DL. Sanders will be fun to watch develop.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Definitely good to see the OL have a decent bounce back game. Wasn't perfect by any means, but better. Ben Powers is the one guy I seem to be worrying about more than I thought and he was the one I thought would prove to be our best guy.

Wilson looks so much more comfortable in this offense than he did last year. Throw in him being in better shape to have some of those great runs tonight that should keep a defense honest.

Also good to see Williams back and look decent. I don't think he is fully back and have to wonder about his conditioning, but he ran hard, caught the ball well after the first drop, and is at the very least showing he should be a play maker for this offense.

Other good players to stand out...Bonitto has been outstanding so far in preseason. Showing incredible explosiveness. My one concern with him is that he goes to the speed rush around the edge a lot leaving a nice gap for a QB to escape out his side. Might need to learn there are times to use that move but other times to make sure you do not lose contain.
Cooper getting the start over Clark was a huge sign I think of Coopers place on this team. Clark was not happy he had to play into the 4th Quarter though so hoping that doesn't become an issue.
Really liked what I saw from Drew Sanders as well. Had a really nice read and react play on a pass play to break it up.
Virgil: I am really hoping his injury is not serious because I think he has earned a roster spot if healthy.
Quinn Bailey I thought looked really good on the OL. Showed his versatility to play both inside and outside in this one.
McClaughlin: I mean he was player of the game. He is making this roster.
Maher/Dixon: I thought both had outstanding games in a stadium that is not usually very friendly to kickers. Good for Maher to bounce back when all the pressure was on him in this one.

The bad: All the 3rd string secondary players pretty much go on this list.
backup QB: Dinucci I thought had a great opportunity to push for the backup spot in this one. He did not look good. Errant passes, bounced one in the dirt to an open receiver, and just didn't look decisive. Stidham was late on a lot of reads and should have thrown a couple of INT's.