• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Dallas Cowboys thread - Fan Nation Style

WILD FAN

Naked Woman Watcher
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
alright everyone, calm down. Otis and I talked and decided that since there is a large group of Fannation fans that came over and are used to posting with each other, but cover all the NFCEast teams that the NFL General area is the best place to do that.

I was trying to keep all the non-Dallas fans off the Dallas board, and the Dallas fans off the other boards. That is the purpose of the General board, a safe place for some good natured ribbing. It looks like we needed to blow off a little steam from the last couple of days on the Dallas board. Now we should all be in line with where to post, depending on what kind of mood we are in.

Really though, there aren't enough Dallas fans on this board to be able to have enemies inside the fanbase. We finally have a good thing going on the Dallas board and I'm trying to preserve that. The hope is that when Camp gets closer we will have just an NFCEast thread out here that will catch all this, but it is a bit early for that. My suggesting, if Otis is cool with it, would be to go ahead and use this thread to clear the air and then go ahead and create that "tOfficial NFCEast thread v1". I'm sure it will roll over 10k posts, so go ahead with the v1 name.

Pday is a great poster, fiercely loyal to his fellow fans and teams. Otis I've only known for a few weeks, but he appears to also be a great poster that knows his stuff and is loyal to his FN buddies. We have room for everyone, just need to realize that we are all here to discuss our opinions and have a good time.

keep-calm-and-burn-it-to-the-ground.png

WILD FAN

Naked Woman Watcher
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And with that boys I'm off.. (a little)..Daily Show & Colbert Report are coming up..
have a good night.. stay out of trouble

Otis B. Driftwood

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And with that boys I'm off.. (a little)..Daily Show & Colbert Report are coming up..
have a good night.. stay out of trouble

See ya Bro. You know where to find me going forward.

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The season gets here and all this will be forgotten. Offseason is the worst time for message boards.

Otis B. Driftwood

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The season gets here and all this will be forgotten. Offseason is the worst time for message boards.

It happens. This shall pass.

Thanks for the direction and keeping us a part of the gang. You guys are awesome.

(Un)

Naturally Striped Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All;

It has become clear that I cannot continue to post on the Dallas Cowboys threads here on the Hoop. For reasons known to those who reside there, there is a clear hostile environment that I cannot overcome. Therefore... until we have some alternatives I am recommending we Fan Nation rejects use this thread to have our fun.

It's ridiculous that TxHeat was accused of trolling for a comment that was anything but. He can be accused of a lot of stuff... but being a troll isn't one of them.

I almost want to say consider yourself lucky. I haven't seen a single post on the Eagles threads in the last four days (other than mine).

May be worth considering establishing a SportsHoopla chapter of the old "NFC bEast Fans with Civility" group.

Uhsplit

Hoopla Cash
$ 805.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In this case - not having a Cowboys avatar and having an opinion. Seriously - the Cowboys threads have some of the most butthurt posters I've ever seen.

That fan base has been abused longer than Seahawk fans. Do you blame them?

Kevin12773

Boomer Sooner
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I almost want to say consider yourself lucky. I haven't seen a single post on the Eagles threads in the last four days (other than mine).

May be worth considering establishing a SportsHoopla chapter of the old "NFC bEast Fans with Civility" group.

Yep! No eagle or Gmen fans hardly to be found here. The skins and boys boards are fine but mix like oil and water. Tough to post anything without getting someone pissed off and that goes both ways IMO.

(Un)

Naturally Striped Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep! No eagle or Gmen fans hardly to be found here. The skins and boys boards are fine but mix like oil and water. Tough to post anything without getting someone pissed off and that goes both ways IMO.

A lack of Giants fans is kind of surprising to me. At bare minimum I would have expected some influx after their recent Super Bowl wins.

williewilliejuan

Giant Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A lack of Giants fans is kind of surprising to me. At bare minimum I would have expected some influx after their recent Super Bowl wins.

True, although they didn't hang around long at our last place. There were a flood of them for about two weeks, but then someone reminded them that Eli Manning was their quarterback and they ran away.

Dolemite censored

Bigfoot is real
Hoopla Cash
$ 800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
True, although they didn't hang around long at our last place. There were a flood of them for about two weeks, but then someone reminded them that Eli Manning was their quarterback and they ran away.

Eli has won more SBs than Kaepernick or Smith.

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They won't know you are ignoring them, but when others quote them you still see it so it's a mixed bag tool.

Not generally a good idea to tell people you have them on ignore as they are likely to get even worse around you. If you don't care that they talk crap about you while you can't see it then it doesn't matter.

Otis B. Driftwood

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That fan base has been abused longer than Seahawk fans. Do you blame them?

The quote TxHeat made about "not much meat" when referring to the Cowboys is completely appropriate IMO. After all - the 2013 Dallas Cowboys defense was the worst defense in the history of the franchise... and they start the 2014 season without arguably the three best players from that defense. I would hardly call his opinion "abuse".

However - I sure as hell would call their response to his opinion "abuse". Unwarranted... and uncalled for. And if that's the type of response a friend is going to get for an innocuous opinion like his, then it's clear to me that we Cowboys fans (and make no mistake - after the Patriots Heater is a Cowboys fan) who made the trek over from Fan Nation do not have a home there. Ford and the other Mods we have dealt with the last two weeks (as well as many of the Hoopians we have met) are a terrific group of folks who have made us feel incredibly welcome and at home. We are not the type to raise a ruckus.

But - we won't take shit.

TxHeat

Hard Member!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The quote TxHeat made about "not much meat" when referring to the Cowboys is completely appropriate IMO. After all - the 2013 Dallas Cowboys defense was the worst defense in the history of the franchise... and they start the 2014 season without arguably the three best players from that defense. I would hardly call his opinion "abuse".

However - I sure as hell would call their response to his opinion "abuse". Unwarranted... and uncalled for. And if that's the type of response a friend is going to get for an innocuous opinion like his, then it's clear to me that we Cowboys fans (and make no mistake - after the Patriots Heater is a Cowboys fan) who made the trek over from Fan Nation do not have a home there. Ford and the other Mods we have dealt with the last two weeks (as well as many of the Hoopians we have met) are a terrific group of folks who have made us feel incredibly welcome and at home. We are not the type to raise a ruckus.

But - we won't take shit.

Thanks O! It is harder to be a Cowboys fan than a Pats fan though. :rollseyes:
And right..we won't take shit. Also thanks to the other FN posters for the support. :nod: