• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Greatest Cowboys Fan Moment

Wolves008

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For some reason, I expect this thread to get few replies. Mostly due to the convolutedness of my answer to thread question.

In 2016, my boss and I got a tour of The Star free from our FedEx sales rep. Got the tour, saw cool shit (they've got the Triplets' original scouting write-ups on display. Plus all the trophies and rings. If you haven't seen the recent drone fly-through of the facility google it. It's really cool.) and at the end we got to watch the Cowboys practice. Weren't allowed to take pictures or video. This was right when Romo was getting back to playing health. I think it was his first week back in practice. So about halfway through practice, Romo came in and Dak, Dez, an Zeke peeled off to the left side of the field while Romo took over practice on the right with the rest of the first team, sans the other 3 players.

I paid attention to the left side, and watch an end-around fake with a Dez pass to a trainer in the end-zone throwing from about the 15 yard line. Noted it in my brain.

Fast forward to Dallas v Lions that same season. I actually went to that game, And I watched that same play happen live. As it was happening I thought "I HAVE SEEN THIS!!! IS THIS HAPPENING?! IS THIS HAPPENING?! YEEEEEEEEEESSSSSS!!!!!!!!!"

That was the Zeke fake run, fake end around to Dez, Dez pass to Witten. TD.

The only variable was that Witten was the recipient. He took the place of the trainer in that practice. But in that 100,000 person stadium, I was the only person who knew that play was happening that didn't work for the Cowboys. I wasn't a Cowboys fan for any of the Cowboys' championships, so that's my happiest Cowboys moment.

So what are y'alls favorite Cowboys fan moments?

Godstree

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My long story short: silvedome, I am dressed head to toe Dallas, future wife totally embarrassed, surrounded by lions fans I am yelling at Troy to throw to Irving...he does.... I am making the whoooopppppsss and yahoooooos when I realized I was the only one around that was happy about that play.

Loved that moment. Especially after what the lions did to my Boys the year before. Awesome game.

ArlingtonCowboys100

Goodell is a polesmoker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For some reason, I expect this thread to get few replies. Mostly due to the convolutedness of my answer to thread question.

In 2016, my boss and I got a tour of The Star free from our FedEx sales rep. Got the tour, saw cool shit (they've got the Triplets' original scouting write-ups on display. Plus all the trophies and rings. If you haven't seen the recent drone fly-through of the facility google it. It's really cool.) and at the end we got to watch the Cowboys practice. Weren't allowed to take pictures or video. This was right when Romo was getting back to playing health. I think it was his first week back in practice. So about halfway through practice, Romo came in and Dak, Dez, an Zeke peeled off to the left side of the field while Romo took over practice on the right with the rest of the first team, sans the other 3 players.

I paid attention to the left side, and watch an end-around fake with a Dez pass to a trainer in the end-zone throwing from about the 15 yard line. Noted it in my brain.

Fast forward to Dallas v Lions that same season. I actually went to that game, And I watched that same play happen live. As it was happening I thought "I HAVE SEEN THIS!!! IS THIS HAPPENING?! IS THIS HAPPENING?! YEEEEEEEEEESSSSSS!!!!!!!!!"

That was the Zeke fake run, fake end around to Dez, Dez pass to Witten. TD.

The only variable was that Witten was the recipient. He took the place of the trainer in that practice. But in that 100,000 person stadium, I was the only person who knew that play was happening that didn't work for the Cowboys. I wasn't a Cowboys fan for any of the Cowboys' championships, so that's my happiest Cowboys moment.

So what are y'alls favorite Cowboys fan moments?
Doomsday for Craig Morton in the Superbowl as Randy White and Martin put on the pressure. Cowboys mauled and destroyed the broncos

Alvin Harper with the HUGE catch and run in the NFC Championship against the Niners which basically was revenge for my worst Cowboys moment "the catch"

Mid 80's playoff game against the Rams a Cowboys linebacker, possibly named Burton destroyed a Rams reciever going over the middle

Staubach leading from way behind against the Deadskins in season finale 1979. Tony "the thrill" Hill catches the game winner and POS Theismann fails at the end

ROMOTOOWENS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Doomsday for Craig Morton in the Superbowl as Randy White and Martin put on the pressure. Cowboys mauled and destroyed the broncos

Alvin Harper with the HUGE catch and run in the NFC Championship against the Niners which basically was revenge for my worst Cowboys moment "the catch"

Mid 80's playoff game against the Rams a Cowboys linebacker, possibly named Burton destroyed a Rams reciever going over the middle

Staubach leading from way behind against the Deadskins in season finale 1979. Tony "the thrill" Hill catches the game winner and POS Theismann fails at the end
Never forget that comeback vs the Skins in 79.

My greatest moments as a fan requires me watching it on TV.

Two of my all time favorite games do not even involve Superbowls. They were the NFC championship games. The first one was 1992 vs the 49ers on that slop. Truthfully, i thought at the time SF was better and it was Youngs time. Probably the most intense Ive been in a game besides the Dez catch/ non catch game in GB. When Aikman hit Harper on that slant for about 85 yards , i felt like i was in the clouds.

The NFC champ game vs GB our last Superbowl. I didnt feel good about it gojng in. Favre had lost like 6 straight vs us. Probably the best game Ive ever seen with so much riding on it.

Favorite Individual games

1. Aikman Super Bowl number 1

2. Emmitts game in the season finale vs GMen. Probably won us the Superbowl that day.

3. Danny Whites comeback vs Atlanta in the playoffs down 2 scores with 8 minutes left.

4. Although in a losing cause - Romo vs Peyton. What a freaking game.

Schmoopy1000

When all else fails, Smack em' in the Mouth!
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
one of the worst QB stats for a team in Superbowl history.
It was fitting that the Doomsday got the Superbowl MVP that day! :thumb:

Wolves008

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Two of my all time favorite games do not even involve Superbowls. They were the NFC championship games. The first one was 1992 vs the 49ers on that slop. Truthfully, i thought at the time SF was better and it was Youngs time. Probably the most intense Ive been in a game besides the Dez catch/ non catch game in GB. When Aikman hit Harper on that slant for about 85 yards , i felt like i was in the clouds.

The NFC champ game vs GB our last Superbowl. I didnt feel good about it gojng in. Favre had lost like 6 straight vs us. Probably the best game Ive ever seen with so much riding on it.

2. Emmitts game in the season finale vs GMen. Probably won us the Superbowl that day.

3. Danny Whites comeback vs Atlanta in the playoffs down 2 scores with 8 minutes left.

4. Although in a losing cause - Romo vs Peyton. What a freng game.
Romo vs Peyton was insane. I got so angry at people trying to mock Romo for the L, like, 48 points scored? Yeah we lost, but 48 points losing to 51 points? And our D let Peyton do a bootleg run for a TD? GTFO of here with the offence being the culprit there. That game was nuts, and Romo and Peyton both put on a show.

And as a reminder: Peyton won MVP and OPOTY that season. We lost a close match against a really good team. I think that was the season they lost the Super Bowl to the Seahawks, but I'm not 100%.

Godstree

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

My mom and dad went to that superbowl

ROMOTOOWENS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My mom and dad went to that superbowl

one of my first games as a Cowboy fan. Ha. I was 7. I remember it well because our small town had just gotten a Mc Donalds. One of the big things back then as a kid was to have your birthday party at Mc Donalds. Well a girl in my class decided to have hers that day. I remember leaving early just so i could see the game. I could be wrong but I dont think the game started as late then as it does now.

Godstree

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
one of my first games as a Cowboy fan. Ha. I was 7. I remember it well because our small town had just gotten a Mc Donalds. One of the big things back then as a kid was to have your birthday party at Mc Donalds. Well a girl in my class decided to have hers that day. I remember leaving early just so i could see the game. I could be wrong but I dont think the game started as late then as it does now.
I remember my mom and dad coming back from the party the night before, don't do these now, and my dad saying he almost kicked Andy Williams ass and if it wasn't for Paul Williams he would have. Andy was drunk and knocked my mom over while standing in line.

Sir Robin Of Camelot

You seem angry. Miserable, even.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So many… so damn many.

But Aikman to Harper for 70 remains the one that I will go to my grave with. A whole lot of demons were exorcised with that one play.

cowboycolors

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow a whole bunch. Not my favorite but most impressive was Larry Allen running down the Saints LB on Thanksgiving after a Aikman INT.
Only run better was TD 99 yards IMO

ROMOTOOWENS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Colts were my first favorite team. I had a classmate in the first grade thats uncle played for them. He would bring us Colts gear ha. I was Roger Carr. My friend was Bert Jones. We loved Lydell Mitchell also. My friends uncle was named Ray Oldham. He was a CB. He actually played for the Steelers against the Cowboys in 79 Superbowl.

ArlingtonCowboys100

Goodell is a polesmoker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

4. Although in a losing cause - Romo vs Peyton. What a freaking game.
4. I believe this was Romos best game as a Cowboy. Too bad the defense was terrible that day. The sad part is I knew they were wasting a good performance by Romo.

3. I remember that game. Great game. The announcers were sad if i remember correctly.
1. Aikman was not going to be denied. He destroyed the Bills.

2. Emmit had the separated shoulder. He carried the Cowboys to victory and the division title. That was huge

ArlingtonCowboys100

Goodell is a polesmoker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow a whole bunch. Not my favorite but most impressive was Larry Allen running down the Saints LB on Thanksgiving after a Aikman INT.
Only run better was TD 99 yards IMO
Funny you mention Larry Allen. I remember him playing against the Giants during his contract year. Somebody on the Giants pissed Allen off. Allen grabbed a Giant LB and literally threw him backwards like a rag doll about 10 yards it seemed like. Never forget that. Allen was an animal. People that messed with him regretted it

Wolves008

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Funny you mention Larry Allen. I remember him playing against the Giants during his contract year. Somebody on the Giants pissed Allen off. Allen grabbed a Giant LB and literally threw him backwards like a rag doll about 10 yards it seemed like. Never forget that. Allen was an animal. People that messed with him regretted it
Reminds me of this part of his top 100 players of all time video:

Part I'm referencing is at 2:35. My link failed.

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My greatest "Moment" spans over 12 months.

Super Bowl 27 my Flight Chief (Bills Fan) held a SB party. Outside of him and myself no others at the party (about 15 other guest) had a hard love for either team. I was as obnoxious as can be. Fast forward to 1994 SB 28, all those fence sitters came in hard against me and the Cowboys.
As the Bills started to build a lead those fence sitters were jabbing me with laughter.
In my cocky way I boldly said I ain't worried (although I really was) soon the Cowboys will have a big turn over on D and it will look likes sharks in bloody water, about two plays later BOOM Turnover = Dallas TD and it was all over.