• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Favorite Cowboys player active during your life

ROMOTOOWENS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow so many choices
Coach its Tom with a tip of his cap to Jimmy
Draft Guru Gil Brandt with respect for Jimmy
QB Roger and Troy
RB Emmitt and Tony with a pinch to Walt
FB it’s Moose
WR Drew and Mike
TE Jay and Jason
DT Randy I did not see Bob Play
OL Larry Allen and it’s not close Larry running down the the Saints linebacker at 320# was insane
DB Charlie Cliff and Darren nuff said no Deion he was a mercenary but maybe the best ever
DE Too Tall & Demarcus
LB is tough but I’m going Chuck Howley and Sean Lee when healthy.
But my favorite of all time is Tom with a tip of his hat to Tex with out those 2 and so many others Dallas would just be another Sports Team!

JMHO

love the pinch to Walt.

tomodach10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rodger Dodger since childhood. First football player hero.

Kevin12773

Boomer Sooner
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Demarco Murray
Cee Dee
Troy Aikman
Tony Casillas
Neville Gallimore
Steven Parker
Charles Tapper
James Hanna
Roy Williams

tomodach10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Funny thing...all the great defensive players over the years and still never a top 3 or so linebacker ever. Jordan/Howley/Edwards were rock solid back in the day but all were never considered top 3 type league bests at their position. Same with all I can think of throughout the years. Henderson, Lockhart, Breunig, Norton, Smith, Dixon, Lee....none of um. Best LB they ever drafted turned out to be a HOF d-tackle until perhaps this season. I wasn't one wanting Parsons before the draft, but I'm pretty darn excited with the camp hype.
Come on.. How can you forget the great Bobby Carpenter??

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Remember Niland and Nye. Best guards I remember.
Sure do, can see both pulling on a sweep and taking the legs out on a LB or safety.
Tony Liscio too....who Landry talked into coming back mid-season 71 (First SB Win) from retirement when I think it was Niland got hurt and out the rest of the season.

MAN...I wish Dallas's Oline came to the LOS like the Landry teams did.

Wolves008

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Funny thing...all the great defensive players over the years and still never a top 3 or so linebacker ever. Jordan/Howley/Edwards were rock solid back in the day but all were never considered top 3 type league bests at their position. Same with all I can think of throughout the years. Henderson, Lockhart, Breunig, Norton, Smith, Dixon, Lee....none of um. Best LB they ever drafted turned out to be a HOF d-tackle until perhaps this season. I wasn't one wanting Parsons before the draft, but I'm pretty darn excited with the camp hype.
Not gonna lie: I never watch the preseason. But Parsons is I guess dominating? I hear? So if Vander Esch and Jaylon don't suck, and Parsons is great, then shit.

We got ourselves one hell of a LB corps.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not gonna lie: I never watch the preseason. But Parsons is I guess dominating? I hear? So if Vander Esch and Jaylon don't suck, and Parsons is great, then shit.

We got ourselves one hell of a LB corps.
Since you aren't watching...Parsons is showing the skill set to be the best defender in the draft. The speed, tackling ability, pass rush skills and ability to play all over the defense have been on display. He will be a true 3 down LB for this team. What you may not have heard is how well Neal has played as a nickel LB (he and Parsons will be the starting nickel) and how well Cox has played and pretty much been one of our best players in every single game on all 3 downs (but not against starters so we need to temper our expectations for this year as he likely won't play much unless injury strikes). His speed is as advertised and since the first game where he got stuck on blocks a little too much he has been able to shed blocks and still make play after play. LVE has also played very well IMO. Jaylon...well...so far he hasn't really shown any bounce back but we can all hope I guess. Back to Neal, I saw a PFF rating on him that was off the charts - well over 90. Cox and Parsons also had incredibly high ratings. I don't know if the defense will be good or not, but I do know that the LBer group seems to have a lot of talent

At least to start the year:
Base D: Parsons, LVE and Jaylon
Nickel: Parsons and Neal

ArlingtonCowboys100

Goodell is a polesmoker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was thinking the same thing about Parsons. I had a few doubts although he was one of the first defensive players I was researching soon after Dak broke the ankle.

Parsons is kind of unique. 4.36 forty and weighs around 250? He needs work on pass defense and hands are not ideal. I think he will be a force against the run. Quinn got him playing all over the DL this pre season and I like that. Could he affect games like Ray Lewis did?

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Parsons is kind of unique. 4.36 forty and weighs around 250? He needs work on pass defense and hands are not ideal. I think he will be a force against the run. Quinn got him playing all over the DL this pre season and I like that. Could he affect games like Ray Lewis did?
and also factor he's not played all that much football after being a HS DE. This guy as we sit here today appears unlimited to what he could become as an NFL player. LOL....all 4 weeks we've seen thus far. :hope:

ROMOTOOWENS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Demarco Murray
Cee Dee
Troy Aikman
Tony Casillas
Neville Gallimore
Steven Parker
Charles Tapper
James Hanna
Roy Williams

Always wanted Eric Striker. Little small but one awesome college football player