• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

D. Thomas

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Demaryius Thomas 2015- Unimpressive

I think this is a good breakdown on D. Thomas last season. He gets paid like a lot 5 WR and didn't play like one last year. His contract is going to make Manny Sanders un-affordable after this season.

The Broncos need him to step up next season - a big step.

SpringStein

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm still a believer.

Don't get mad at him Mingo just because he didn't fulfill your prophecy that he would take off after his mother was released from prison. ;)

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You sound as if you think "after" has a time limitation.

WalkerBoh

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's a bit lazy in relying too much on his "yards per target" statistic, while failing to recognize (well except in the case of Tebow) the performance of the QB throwing to Thomas. Yes, Thomas had more drops than we would like, but the author also needs to look at this stat through the eyes of yards per reception, and YAC, in order for his "yards per target" stay to paint an accurate picture.

58crash

must own
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yep that last half was soft .

Broncos6482

Troll Boy Extraordinaire
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can't ever remember a great player getting as much criticism as I've seen DT get. Did he have a down year by his standards? Yes. Is he so bad and grossly overpaid that Denver should trade him? Absolutely not. It's telling to me that the standard we have for DT is so high that he's getting killed for a season in which he was still a top 10 receiver in the NFL. And he did it with a broken qb, a novice qb, and then a game manager qb, in a new system, while dealing with his mother distraction.

I have no doubt he'll have a nice bounce back year next year.

megalodon30

Archduke of Crosstown Busses
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,967.56
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can't ever remember a great player getting as much criticism as I've seen DT get. Did he have a down year by his standards? Yes. Is he so bad and grossly overpaid that Denver should trade him? Absolutely not. It's telling to me that the standard we have for DT is so high that he's getting killed for a season in which he was still a top 10 receiver in the NFL. And he did it with a broken qb, a novice qb, and then a game manager qb, in a new system, while dealing with his mother distraction.

I have no doubt he'll have a nice bounce back year next year.

Ithink we can all agree he had a bit of a down year, but I don't see anyone suggesting Denver should trade him. As long as he cuts out the drops he should be fine. No one jumping off the wagon here.

Broncos6482

Troll Boy Extraordinaire
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ithink we can all agree he had a bit of a down year, but I don't see anyone suggesting Denver should trade him. As long as he cuts out the drops he should be fine. No one jumping off the wagon here.
The article linked talked about trading him.

Broncosr0k

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

There has been a poster or two that mentioned it toward the end of the season. Someone inquired what the board thinks DT could be traded for. Andrew Mason, or whoever it is, gets questions occasionally about trading him too.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There has been a poster or two that mentioned it toward the end of the season. Someone inquired what the board thinks DT could be traded for. Andrew Mason, or whoever it is, gets questions occasionally about trading him too.

Every year crazy questions get thrown around. Not too long ago some fans wanted Von Miller traded for a midround pick after he was suspended and injured. Thankfully the FO doesn't listen to us fans very often. As for trading DT people just need to look at the cost of doing so to realize it isn't even possible. It would actually cost the team more money to trade him than to keep him on the roster.

Duffman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,535.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As frustrated as people are with DT last year he still had 105 Rec, 1,304 Yards, and 6 TD's. And as a team Denver only threw 19 TD's so his 6 isn't that bad really.

Hell look at the big name WR"s who got paid recently, people like Dez Bryant, AJ Green, Julio Jones. DT finished only behind Jones last year when it comes to stats so in comparison he's not so bad that we need to dump him.

His production was slightly lower than the last 3 years but it wasn't some huge drop off.

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not down on D. Thomas - but he disappeared at major periods of time during the season and post season. Everyone can have a bad year - even very talented guys.

For 3 playoff games DT had 7 catches - 60 yards and 0 TDs.

I'm looking for a rebound - in previous years he performed in the tough times - like 13 catches in the Seahawks Super Bowl - and the big TD catch from Tebow against the Steelers.

Malibu

PEACE
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not down on D. Thomas - but he disappeared at major periods of time during the season and post season. Everyone can have a bad year - even very talented guys.

For 3 playoff games DT had 7 catches - 60 yards and 0 TDs.

I'm looking for a rebound - in previous years he performed in the tough times - like 13 catches in the Seahawks Super Bowl - and the big TD catch from Tebow against the Steelers.

Remember Manning was throwing him the ball last year and catching those ducks that take 10 minutes to get to a wr are very hard to catch. Yes Thomas needs to improve over last season but the QB situation was part of the problem. For once I agree with Duffman. Glad to see Duffman back.

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Remember DT dropped a lot of balls last year - wounded duck or not - they hit him in his hands. ;)

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

DT was distracted last year -and it was the whole year. He held out too - and missed training camp. I think half of it was trying too hard and the other half his mom. He lost focus on the field - unlike his rookie contract when he was marching to NFL Super Stardom as a WR. Even in a great career - i guess you can point to one year - that was the worst among the many - I'm rooting for him.

I had to laugh - in the photo from Sanchez SoCal training camp - there was DT - with his shirt tucked in just like Peyton Manning would have wanted.

58crash

must own
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you are missing the preseason then sign the contract he did you had better bring it sorry but Elway was right .

SpiritOf77

Lucas707
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am not down on Thomas because of what is perceived as a down year, or the fact that he dropped some passes ..

I am down on him because he looks so easily flustered and beaten, and he had no fight in him - either going for the ball or showing any fire on the field ..

We've got Bennie Fowler who is not as skilled a WR Thomas is, but he has got balls 10x bigger than Thomas - Fowler fights for the ball, fights to get on the field, fights on special teams and will put his head down and literally drag defenders ..

I like guys who fight ... Thomas doesn't, and I hate the idea of losing Sanders' because of Thomas inflated contract ...