• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Keim mailbag

skinz2winz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
well you did mention offering the Niners this years first and next years first along with Payne for Jimmy. I was outraged by that if you recall...

Im all for masks indoors .... and in crowded spaces but....only if they are KN95 or don't bother its a joke

I get your fatigue and outrage with the mixed messaging, flat out incorrect messaging from all sides....

and the flip flopping policies State to State and nationally... that are sheer ineptness on the part of the CDC and government agencies. its been a TERRIBLE job communicating information accurately from day 1 ... ever since we first heard of this blasted COVID 19 and all its mutant variants since.... (fyi - we don't touch politics on this board so thats as far as I will go with that)
You did Cali and I admit, super overpay for JG that I would not do at this point. Good thing I'm not making these decisions, huh!?

Caliskinsfan

Burgundy & Gold Forevah
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,569.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know, he makes $24M next year which after watching this playoff performance, I cannot really say that's enticing but, it is a comfortable 1 yr deal. Grap, Heineke and rookie for 1 year. Given that I would prefer a rookie, Heineke and a 1 yr bridge like Bridgewater to get by. Either way, we are in for a tough season at QB next year no matter how you slice it...
It would be nice imo, but Grop is about to enter the last year of his deal. So, it's either trade him this offseason and use the cap space to extend other players, or keep him and let him walk the year after to get only a comp pick. Right or wrong, the FO didn't trade the farm for Lance so he could sit on the bench for 2 years behind a "hit or miss" player like Grop.

i cant see anyone paying more then a 3rd rounder for him and seeing he is a one year rental i doubt it comes to that . you might be better off with the comp pick

Yes, that's the guy.

Niner fans know who Jimmy is--just good enough and just bad enough. Jekyll and Hyde.
--He's more than and less than a game manager
--He'll keep you in a few tough games, but he'll also cost you games
--If he plays, your chances of winning are MUCH higher than if he doesn't
--BUT, Until this year, he missed about as many games as he played (dependability is a question).
--He led us to the SB, where he missed both his chances to hit game-winning passes
--He'll make some big plays that make you go WOW, but he'll probably never make a Pro Bowl

A good example--For as well as Jimmy played late in the Rams game, to get us into the playoffs, that performance is invariably balanced against his terrible play in the Titans game, which is why we had to win in LA in the first place. Look at Jimmy's pretty tight first half performance in Dallas, then notice that the team won in spite of him b/c of his piss-poor 2nd half play. He single-handedly kept Dallas in the game.
Niners were up 23-7 with the ball, looking at a runaway. The Niners next (last) 4 drives:
1--late 3rd. 3rd & 10, Aiyuk wideopen for a BIG gain or TD, ball is yards too high. Dallas ball, gets a FG. 23-10.
2.--9:48 left. Grop scrambles, sails ball over the WR, gets picked, returned to 9er 28. Dallas ball, gets a TD. 23-17.
3.--2:49 left. Niners Punt from their own 41 (guess who wasn't asked to pass the ball very far?).
4.--1:21 left. 4th and a foot. Instead of a game-sealing sneak, Grop snaps the ball too early, Dallas gets the ball back for a chance to win.

His good isn't consistently good enough to make up for the bad. So, that's why I think it's safe to call him hit or miss.

I agree with most of what you are saying Niner all though we could only dream of having Jimmy G. WTF was Kyle doing calling a pass play up 23-10 anyways? Piss poor job by HC. The snap you speak of, WTF was TW doing lining up opposite of where he lines up and never got set. That was on Jimmy also huh? Your right, a couple errant passes, who doesn't do that however, 1 in particular should have never been called at the juncture of the game. If Jimmy isn't your QB this year, you don't even make the playoffs with Lance. Always looking for a reason to jettison a very good QB is easy these days but trying to find one is even harder, just look at us. I know this, the guys is a winner, bottom line.
Since he is somewhat dispensable, would you take our #11 and Daron Payne for Jimmy G? That's about all I would offer and would say fair for both teams. At 11, he would be the best QB in this draft imo. Thoughts?
I was wrong, you were just talking about #11 and Payne

Caliskinsfan

Burgundy & Gold Forevah
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,569.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You did Cali and I admit, super overpay for JG that I would not do at this point. Good thing I'm not making these decisions, huh!?
see above your comment regarding JG

and YES, good thing im not either cuz I know jack about cap

skinz2winz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was wrong, you were jut talking about #11 and Payne
Either way, #11 and Payne is far too much for JG at this point wouldn't you say? Maybe Payne for JG straight up? Maybe I get off the JG bandwagon for now and see what Ron comes up with. Let's hope its better than my plan.

Caliskinsfan

Burgundy & Gold Forevah
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,569.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Either way, #11 and Payne is far too much for JG at this point wouldn't you say? Maybe Payne for JG straight up? Maybe I get off the JG bandwagon for now and see what Ron comes up with. Let's hope its better than my plan.
um yes!!!! I always thought so. glad your off the JG train. and certainly NOT for what you mentioned before the playoffs. ... :)

kbso83432

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Keim's latest podcast.

Carr is gonna stay in Vegas now that McDaniels is there.

Jimmy G "is a definite person of interest" for the Skins

Last he heard Watson was still a solid no.

Rodgers probably not gonna happen.

Small chance Russ gets traded.

Malik Willis in not the second coming of Mahomes. Will take a year to get him ready.

Wentz is a possibility if the Colts move on. But would be a huge red flag if Reich was the one to move on.

Skins should not feel they have enough weapons. Thomas and Samuel are coming off injuries. McKissic is a FA and Brown didn't show much.

Probably won't be able to attract a WR if the QB isn't in place. Said they should definitely consider drafting someone at 11.

Feels the name will be Commanders, but the Skins are trying to avoid being seen as an expansion team. Hoping the colors will help.