• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Keim mailbag

kbso83432

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Skins want Landon back but price may be a sticking point. They would love to have him back on a pay cut or a restructure.

Skins will go all in on the big 3. Last Keim heard Washington was a hard no from the Watson camp. Would take a lot of convincing on the Skins part.

Didn't rule out Russ. Said Seattle would be in a rebuild and would definitely want picks but might not want Payne because he's due a big payday

Bears were on Russ' short list and if the new Bears coach doesn't want Fields he could see a scenario where the Bears get Russ and look to trade Fields. Mentioned the Skins tried to trade up for Fields in the draft and a lot of people in the building like Fields.

Scherff is gone.

Look for them to add a WR.

If Skins strike out in getting one of the big 3 don't be surprised if they go after Jimmy G. Keim speculated all it would take would be a 2 and a 5. Mentioned Carr as well.

Said if they strike out and Pickett is there at 11 they will take him.

They will probably look to add a TE because Thomas' injury happened in December.

Could definitely see a scenario where they pass on QB in round one and go Ridder in round two.

Said Rivera knows he can't post three losing season in his first three years.

Last edited:

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Skins want Landon back but price may be a sticking point. They would love to have him back on a pay cut or a restructure.

Skins will go all in on the big 3. Last Keim heard Washington was a hard no from the Watson camp. Would take a lot of convincing on the Skins part.

Didn't rule out Russ. Said Seattle would be in a rebuild and would definitely want picks but might not want Payne because he's due a big payday

Bears were on Russ' short list and if the new Bears coach doesn't want Fields he could see a scenario where the Bears get Russ and look to trade Fields. Mentioned the Skins tried to trade up for Fields in the draft and a lot of people in the building like Fields.

Scherff is gone.

Look for them to add a WR.

If Skins strike out in getting one of the big 3 don't be surprised if they go after Jimmy G. Keim speculated all it would take would be a 2 and a 5. Mentioned Carr as well.

Said if they strike out and Pickett is there at 11 they will take him.

They will probably look to add a TE because Thomas' injury happened in December.

Could definitely see a scenario where they pass on QB in round one and go Ridder in round two.

paying a 2nd and a 5th for grap on a one year rental isnt going to cut it . you chew up 1/2 your cap , you leave us 4 draft picks this year and 6 next year because we dont have a 5th this year

our best bet is drafting a qb

and if his division title doesnt by him any currency then he made a strategic blunder

kbso83432

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
paying a 2nd and a 5th for grap on a one year rental isnt going to cut it . you chew up 1/2 your cap , you leave us 4 draft picks this year and 6 next year because we dont have a 5th this year

and if his division title doesnt by him any currency then he made a strategic blunder
I agree @skinsdad62 but I think it all comes down to how secure Rivera thinks he is. If he feels he has five years no matter what he probably passes. The fact that he's all in on the big 3 tells me he's feeling pressure.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree @skinsdad62 but I think it all comes down to how secure Rivera thinks he is. If he feels he has five years no matter what he probably passes. The fact that he's all in on the big 3 tells me he's feeling pressure.
whats all in ? what are we talking about ? to me all in means you are going to do anything to get a qb do we give up 3 total drafts and pay 75 mil a yr for 10 yrs plus chase , sweat payne and allen and tmac in the deal as well

what is "all in " or is "all in " just drama ? all in is a stupid catch phrase because you look at our resources there is only so much

not trying to bash you at all but yes my suggestions are ridiculous but you can only do so much

kbso83432

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No I get it, what I mean is I think the only untouchables are Allen and McLaurin. I think he'd move Young or Sweat and #1s if it was gonna get him Russ or Watson.

kbso83432

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No I get it, what I mean is I think the only untouchables are Allen and McLaurin. I think he'd move Young or Sweat and #1s if it was gonna get him Russ or Watson.
Matter of fact Keim mentioned the possibility of moving Sweat.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Keim is right and WSH does love that second-round range for one of these QBs, I’d be all over drafting Chris Olave at 11. Smooth as poetry. 35TD catches in 4yrs. Devastating footwork and a very smart player depending on what lbs are available and what happens with Wilson

Niner Outlaw

Stay out of my territory.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the team that trades for Jimmy--be it Washington, Denver, Pittsburgh, etc.--will give him a contract extension. I.e., I don't think it'll be a 1 year rental.
But does Rivera think that is the best bet for keeping his job?
Didn't rule out Russ. Said Seattle would be in a rebuild and would definitely want picks but might not want Payne because he's due a big payday.
Even if Chicago and Wilson want each other, the Bears don't have a 1st rd pick in this draft--having traded it so they could move up for Fields. That would make it tough to pull off a Bears trade for Wilson. Would the Skins be willing to trade the 11 and more for Fields (so the Bears could send that and 2 more #1s for Wilson)? Interesting call if the Skins grade Fields out higher than the young QBs coming out this year.
Luckily, there will be lots of choices at TE when FA starts. The guys from Cincy and Dallas are young and productive, but they'll be more expensive. If you're looking for a younger TE that just needs more PT, should give Niners TE Ross Dwelley a look in the offseason. Much more a receiver than a blocker. Had the best offseason, camp, and TC of his career, but didn't do much during the season (when Kittle disappears for 3 games at a time, the backup TE has no chance).
Even if you're a rebuilding team--you expect your HC to produce more than 7 wins by the end of his 3rd season.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the team that trades for Jimmy--be it Washington, Denver, Pittsburgh, etc.--will give him a contract extension. I.e., I don't think it'll be a 1 year rental.

But does Rivera think that is the best bet for keeping his job?

Even if Chicago and Wilson want each other, the Bears don't have a 1st rd pick in this draft--having traded it so they could move up for Fields. That would make it tough to pull off a Bears trade for Wilson. Would the Skins be willing to trade the 11 and more for Fields (so the Bears could send that and 2 more #1s for Wilson)? Interesting call if the Skins grade Fields out higher than the young QBs coming out this year.

Luckily, there will be lots of choices at TE when FA starts. The guys from Cincy and Dallas are young and productive, but they'll be more expensive. If you're looking for a younger TE that just needs more PT, should give Niners TE Ross Dwelley a look in the offseason. Much more a receiver than a blocker. Had the best offseason, camp, and TC of his career, but didn't do much during the season (when Kittle disappears for 3 games at a time, the backup TE has no chance).

Even if you're a rebuilding team--you expect your HC to produce more than 7 wins by the end of his 3rd season.
I have to plan on what he is right now and that is he is on a one year deal and how much if a cap hit future years will be

kbso83432

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I still like Fields @Niner Outlaw and think he could excel in our offense. Look what Heinicke was able to pull off with one wr and Thomas for half the year.

Niner Outlaw

Stay out of my territory.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have to plan on what he is right now and that is he is on a one year deal and how much if a cap hit future years will be
If he views himself the same way--on a 1 year deal--that explains why he'll want a quality veteran starter at QB instead of a rookie or rookie/bridge combo.

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I agree drafting a qb at 11 would be best unless we can get Carr. thank God we didnt trade up for Fields.

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Carr would be a great fit for us. That is the guy we should be focusing on, not the big 3. The big 3 dont want to come here anyways so lets just mov on from it. Its either Carr or draft a qb at 11. Either way we are better than last year with Heinkie. RR is not on the hot seat. No need to make rash moves.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Carr would be a great fit for us. That is the guy we should be focusing on, not the big 3. The big 3 dont want to come here anyways so lets just mov on from it. Its either Carr or draft a qb at 11. Either way we are better than last year with Heinkie. RR is not on the hot seat. No need to make rash moves.
carr at 40 mil a yr

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
KC is at 45 mil , who is better carr or KC

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the raiders are looking at 5 yrs 200 million

Where are you getting these numbers? I went to overthecap.com. KC right now is at 33M per season. Carr is at 25M per season. Cousins is 34 years old and Carr is 31. Why would KC get a 12M raise at 34 years old? Carr a 15M raise? iis this b/c the cap is going up the numbers will be inflated?

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Where are you getting these numbers? I went to overthecap.com. KC right now is at 33M per season. Carr is at 25M per season. Cousins is 34 years old and Carr is 31. Why would KC get a 12M raise at 34 years old? Carr a 15M raise? iis this b/c the cap is going up the numbers will be inflated?
45 mil cap hit for KC , the raiders beat writer put out the extension numbers for carr 5yrs 200 mil and grap wont be far behind and according to skinz2winz grap is better

now you make a move at 34 mil that leaves us at about 12 mil in cap space with JD to sign carter to sign simms to sign mccain to sign rsj to sign or their replacements nor have you addressed vet LB AH settle , next yr you have tmac , payne ionman flowers and wes to extend and we havent talked about the draft capitol we will lose