• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Anything new around here?

iknowftbll

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey, guys, just checking in. I had to step away so the collective IQ of the board could go back up a little, but I'm back to drag you all down again. I'm hoping I can do a better job following the team this year than I did last year. I hope we can avoid the insane number of injuries to top tier talent on the roster this year, and hope we get to play all 17 games with a QB this year as well.

Speaking of that, 17 games, I think it's stupid. I think it throws a lot of league symmetry off. Had the league not taken this step to mess up its product I'd guess the Broncos are a 9-7 team this year. Maybe even 10-6. Since the league seems hell bent on screwing with something that was already pretty optimal, I'll split the difference and call it 10-7 for the Broncos. I hope to see Drew Lock take some major steps forward and show he is the franchise going forward. I am not holding last year against him at all. I think 10 wins gets this team into the playoffs and even if that's at #7 I'm ok with it.

The defense should be good. I like what I'm seeing and hearing out of camp. I'm also a little nervous because after last year I keep expecting to see the whole starting defense out for the season due to injury. Or the whole QB room is suspended because, well, we're the league and you're the Broncos and F___ you.

Hopefully this year the ball will actually bounce our way. As much fun as it was seeing the Chiefs get crushed in the Super Bowl it would be more fun to see the Broncos back in it. I doubt that is happening this year but the beauty of the NFL is every year something crazy can happen.

So here's hoping, right?

Hope you are all doing well!

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hopefully this year the ball will actually bounce our way. As much fun as it was seeing the Chiefs get crushed in the Super Bowl it would be more fun to see the Broncos back in it. I doubt that is happening this year but the beauty of the NFL is every year something crazy can happen.
To start, I'd like to see the Broncos beaat the Chiefs by a last second FG both home and away and have it cost the Chiefs the AFCW and a bye. Sadly, the Pats don't get a chance this year. I think our D could thwart Mahomes. The Patriots have 7 sacks in 2 preseason games. You may not believe it, but there are a bunch of us pulling for you guys this year.

nflbronco

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I might have the lamest Bronco 21 goal on this board. I just want us to stay 80% healthy without a season ending injury to one of our best players. See where we are roster wise and what we need moving forward. I want to see this staff WIN games. I want to get to where we can beat the Chiefs. They toy with us that burns me up knowing they don't respect us. 3 players with most at stake to be forever Broncos are Von Chubb Sutton another major injury we should move on sad to say. How huge is a 3-0 start for staff morale and hope at QB position. I'm sorry but, anything less than 3-0 start is not good these are winnable games, I love staff but, its time to win games no longer giving you a free pass. PS I can vision Fangio staying through 22 season because of ownership flux. If had new owner in place I think Fangio would be on hot seat this year.

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I want to see little kid Chief's fans crying in despair over losing to the Broncos!

iknowftbll

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So the Broncos have won 2 preseason games by 27 points apiece. Pretty much already Super Bowl Champs.

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's not the winning that has me enthusiastic - it is the solid execution of plays on offense and defense. I have not seen these Broncos that sharp this early before.

Last night - great games by Bridgewater, Hamler, Jeudy, Strnad, the Dline, J. Johnson (at safety), PJ Lock, and Surtain.

SpringStein

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Did anyone watch the game last night? I was traveling and missed it. Apparently, according to an astute poster here, Teddy looked really good. Looking at stats, looks like Cooper had a big game. Did we get a diamond in the rough there?

PumpFake

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Special Teams looking “special”. Excited to see more of the Buckeye trio. Really hope Cooper is not a mirage.

Duffman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,535.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's not the winning that has me enthusiastic - it is the solid execution of plays on offense and defense. I have not seen these Broncos that sharp this early before.

Last night - great games by Bridgewater, Hamler, Jeudy, Strnad, the Dline, J. Johnson (at safety), PJ Lock, and Surtain.

I hope to god we can dominate when we’re playing starters as the other team isn’t. Yes it’s nice to see such fluidity with our team but right now I’d be way more concerned if we were struggling.

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Did anyone watch the game last night? I was traveling and missed it. Apparently, according to an astute poster here, Teddy looked really good. Looking at stats, looks like Cooper had a big game. Did we get a diamond in the rough there?
Yes, Cooper flew all over the field making plays - and on both side of the LOS.

Teddy made some very timely side steps in the pocket to buy time and threw downfield with accuracy. I don't know if it is fair to compare Lock and Bridgewater on the stats of this game. Lock played with a lot of 3rd stringers out there and had conservative play calls for him to execute (like you do when you have a big lead) - I think this was another test of Lock by the coaching staff - to see if he could just manager the play calls without trying to make a big play. Lock passed that test.

Trinity Benson - continued to make catches. Last night Seth Williams took a pitch pass from Lock and picked up 25 yards in a very nice play. I saw Hamler out there throwing blocks and making catches.

DeShawn Williams made a lot of good plays. Getting major props on the side lines by Dre'Mont Jones for his play. I was glad to see him show up well.

PJ Locke and Caden Stearns - really look like big time Safeties. They tackled well and they pass defended well. Locke also shows big on special teams. Ojemudia got extended snaps and made plays. Kary Vincent and Jammer Johnson also made plays while out there. No missed assignments. Few missed tackles.

On offense Muti played a lot - as did Meinerz both played well - though Muti is a sight to behold on run plays - he got some pass protection practice last night and - not awful, but needs work. Royce Freeman and this guy Crocket both ran the ball well and made catches.

I think I'm see something from these Denver Broncos something I have never seen before in pre-season. What has me excited for the Broncos is how on the same page all the players are - the execution of the plays is just awesome - and these are lineups with mixed 1s and 2s - and 3s randomly thrown in. Pretty much no penalties.

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hope to god we can dominate when we’re playing starters as the other team isn’t. Yes it’s nice to see such fluidity with our team but right now I’d be way more concerned if we were struggling.
Yeah - I agree, but this is training camp where struggling is expected - at least in some aspects of your game. That's my point - play execution is supposed to magnify individual talent. The Broncos didn't execute on this level on any year Fangio has been here at the start of the regular season.

On the other hand - the Broncos still need to fix Special Team return defense - coached by a coach who seems to be very good at dodging criticism.

listopencil

I've Seen Better Days
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, a new RB got injured. Now Killins is sidelined as well. Apparently the football gods want the Broncos to give Rolls Royce a roster spot to start the season.

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, a new RB got injured. Now Killins is sidelined as well. Apparently the football gods want the Broncos to give Rolls Royce a roster spot to start the season.
The truth is Freeman is not a bad player - he hustles and blocks. He will likely not be a dynamic playmaker.

PumpFake

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

listopencil

I've Seen Better Days
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The truth is Freeman is not a bad player - he hustles and blocks. He will likely not be a dynamic playmaker.

He's a JAG. As in 'just a guy.' Not a bad player as you said. But also not a playmaker. So he can typically be counted on to get about as much yardage running as the play is designed to get with adequate blocking. And he will function as a dump off/relief valve option in the passing game. The thing is, though, right now he has what has become for us the most important ability in our running backs; availability.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I don’t think Killins was going to make it anyway to be honest.

I think Crockett and Stevie Scott are better. Killins is obviously a different type of RB though.

fightinredantz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I think Crockett and Stevie Scott are better. Killins is obviously a different type of RB though.
Killins another option at KR/PR prior to injury?

I hope we can have good special teams play going forward.

PumpFake

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Did Crockett have a lot of (any?) reps with Lock in Missouri?