• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

D. Thomas

Broncos6482

Troll Boy Extraordinaire
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am not down on Thomas because of what is perceived as a down year, or the fact that he dropped some passes ..

I am down on him because he looks so easily flustered and beaten, and he had no fight in him - either going for the ball or showing any fire on the field ..

We've got Bennie Fowler who is not as skilled a WR Thomas is, but he has got balls 10x bigger than Thomas - Fowler fights for the ball, fights to get on the field, fights on special teams and will put his head down and literally drag defenders ..

I like guys who fight ... Thomas doesn't, and I hate the idea of losing Sanders' because of Thomas inflated contract ...
I think you're letting the negative plays by Thomas color your entire perception of him. You say he has no fight, yet he was one of the only offensive players that showed up in the Seattle Super Bowl. He routinely breaks tackles in the open field. How many times has he busted open that screen pass because he's so tough to bring down? And of course there is the play against Pittsburgh where he literally stiff armed a guy and then ran away from all the defenders to score the game winning touchdown.

This idea that Thomas doesn't fight is just absurd. You don't get to the NFL unless you have some fight in you.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think you're letting the negative plays by Thomas color your entire perception of him. You say he has no fight, yet he was one of the only offensive players that showed up in the Seattle Super Bowl. He routinely breaks tackles in the open field. How many times has he busted open that screen pass because he's so tough to bring down? And of course there is the play against Pittsburgh where he literally stiff armed a guy and then ran away from all the defenders to score the game winning touchdown.

This idea that Thomas doesn't fight is just absurd. You don't get to the NFL unless you have some fight in you.

I think it is more he is not known for going up and winning the jump ball. For his size and height you would think he would just be able to outjump everybody but that does seem to be the weakness of his game.

Broncos6482

Troll Boy Extraordinaire
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think it is more he is not known for going up and winning the jump ball. For his size and height you would think he would just be able to outjump everybody but that does seem to be the weakness of his game.
I think this is overstated as well.

20121230_062534_demaryius-thomas-broncos.gif

MANNING.0.gif

demaryius-thomas-touchdown-catch-against-kansas-city-b.gif

Then there was that whole last drive week 2 against the Chiefs were Thomas made several catches where he basically just boxed out the defender and caught jump balls.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think this is overstated as well.

View attachment 106449

View attachment 106450

View attachment 106451

Then there was that whole last drive week 2 against the Chiefs were Thomas made several catches where he basically just boxed out the defender and caught jump balls.

I'm not saying he can't do it. I'm saying it isn't his greatest strength. He has other things he does though that I don't think any other receiver in the league does with the consistency that he does such as he is the one WR that I would want on any screen pass as his ability in the open field is unmatched by anyone his size. I also love him on slant patterns. I'm honestly not sure why he doesn't run more of those.

I'm not a fan of him on come back routes though. They are the one route that to me he really needs to work on. He honestly got lazy with Peyton as his QB as Peyton had incredible anticipation so that DT never really had to come back to the ball. I saw lots of times this year on come back routes that he never really did the come back part of the route and while Peyton's balls were not perfect he definitely did not fight for the ball like he should have. These are all things though I'm sure he is working much more on this off season as I'm sure the coaches sat him down and showed him the tape. Glad he gets a full off season program this year and I expect an even better showing this upcoming season.

Broncos6482

Troll Boy Extraordinaire
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not saying he can't do it. I'm saying it isn't his greatest strength. He has other things he does though that I don't think any other receiver in the league does with the consistency that he does such as he is the one WR that I would want on any screen pass as his ability in the open field is unmatched by anyone his size. I also love him on slant patterns. I'm honestly not sure why he doesn't run more of those.

I'm not a fan of him on come back routes though. They are the one route that to me he really needs to work on. He honestly got lazy with Peyton as his QB as Peyton had incredible anticipation so that DT never really had to come back to the ball. I saw lots of times this year on come back routes that he never really did the come back part of the route and while Peyton's balls were not perfect he definitely did not fight for the ball like he should have. These are all things though I'm sure he is working much more on this off season as I'm sure the coaches sat him down and showed him the tape. Glad he gets a full off season program this year and I expect an even better showing this upcoming season.
That's fair enough, but I don't think he's as bad at jump balls as a lot of people make him out to be.

SpiritOf77

Lucas707
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I loved that TD catch vs the Chiefs - I remember that game, and remember thinking that DT was a man among boys on that field ..

But that is sort of my point - he has the ability, and he has shown it ... But he seems easily thrown off his game, where opposing defenses get into his head and he is no longer that dominating presence out there ..

Some guys get pissed when they are hit in the mouth - Thomas - with all his size and skills - seems to go into a shell ..

I think this season is a crossroads for him, in terms of how much this game means to him ... Hopefully, he won't pack it in -

I am rooting for the guy big time, I just hope he doesn't become even more complacent after the SB win

megalodon30

Archduke of Crosstown Busses
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,967.56
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Orange Crush77

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thomas played out of his mind his contract year. He got paid, and rightfully so. Then he got soft. The end.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thomas played out of his mind his contract year. He got paid, and rightfully so. Then he got soft. The end.

I'm just hoping that has more to do with the coaching change, missing the entire off season program, and his mom getting out of prison. Hopefully it has nothing to do with the money.

Malibu

PEACE
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Hard to to come back at a ball that is thrown to him by someone of the arm strength of a 6 year old girl. Just saying.