• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Celtics '19'20 - Turning over a New Clover Leaf

The Q

Hoop’s Villain, Reality’s Hero
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's stout. And he can occasionally man up on a 4. But he's more like Marcus Smart than a real 4.

This isn't a criticism of him. I just expected him to be a lot bigger than what I saw.

He’s a 4 like the stout but less than...solid... draymond green plays the 4.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He’s a 4 like the stout but less than...solid... draymond green plays the 4.

No way is he as big as Draymond Green.

He's 6'4, 6'5" tops.

Gman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,330.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

LogicMan

Watch out for Berniedoodles and Trumpers
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Expectations are down compared to this time last year... but there's a solid sense that we've hit our low point (some time last playoffs/offseason) and are looking to rebound and move on.

Gone is Kyrie... gone is Rozier... and good riddance. Here's to putting the locker room drama behind us. :suds:

This is a good team, y'all. I'd put them towards the top of the second tier of teams who are just outside the serious title contender group. With one or two developments or with one trade, that could change and the C's could be right there with the top.

Strengths -
  • Bonafide #1 scoring option in Kemba Walker.
  • Versatility and depth at the wing position... both offensively and defensively.
  • Real potential for improvement from guys like Hayward, Tatum and Brown.
Weaknesses -
  • Quality in the front court.
  • Defense at the 5 from options like Kanter and Robert Williams.
  • Defensive rebounding.
Looks like the plan is for the Celtics to run small(er) and fast this year. Defense may take a step back, but offense *should* be strong enough to compensate.

With regards to the front court, the C's actually have depth and options. What Boston lack are guys without flaws... every option seems to have one or more significant drawbacks. So Stevens is gonna have to game plan and change things up... from game to game and within games.

I'm excited. Kyrie was a weight on this team and it's nice to have that weight lifted. A new spirit of fun and brotherhood would be great to witness.

Let's go. :grouphug:

Sporadic access to internet last week out fishing, my bad GMan.

There is not a lot for me to say this early in the season. A lot of new faces, uber young, new PG altho a vet.

I really really liked what I see from our draft. Williams and Edwards act like they don't know they are in the NBA not college. That's amazing.

Hey, its on Danny who wanted to play a small ball long arm wings design. If Warriors did it without a bonafide center than why not us.

I think a month in we will know all be a lot wiser in what we see. Good news is we are going to be a solid team for many many years.

Gman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,330.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I really like what I'm seeing out of Grant Williams so far, @LogicMan... he is gonna be a key rotation piece this season... allow us to play small ball, team defense at a high level.

LogicMan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Draymond Green is somewhere around 6-6. he is the poster child of inflated height.

This year the NBA is measuring with shoes off, just bare feet. Most players dropped an inch in the ratings.

Side note is Tatum actually grew and inch

LogicMan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I really like what I'm seeing out of Grant Williams so far, @LogicMan... he is gonna be a key rotation piece this season... allow us to play small ball, team defense at a high level.

Williams is how he was described in the draft, a poor mans Draymond Green, but perhaps a higher acumen. He needs to work on his three but he has great hand and timing. He can block shots

Do remember that Williams was First team All American. This was no joke award but his height as a 4 dropped in below top 5 to 10.

Edwards will go down as one of the best second round steals in the last few years. His shooting abilities are off the charts, and the range is too. We have never had a rookie shoot like this. He has a Andrew Toney attitude. He has no fear and his stroke is fast and pure fundamentals.

Edwards was second team All American, so top 10 player in the country. He was rated one of the top 2 or 3 shooters in the draft as well but like Williams his measurements dropped him down a lot.

This was a very very good draft. I really think this will be a broader NBA talking point by year end

Gman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,330.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That win vs Milwaukee was all Marcus Smart last night... how many other 6'4" dudes could handle Giannis Antetokounmpo? Not only handle, but clearly get under Giannis' skin.

That was fun to watch. Here's a quick recap of how Smart just makes winning plays:

The Q

Hoop’s Villain, Reality’s Hero
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like smart. But this team probably needs one more impact deal to be a title team, his salary would be needed.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like smart. But this team probably needs one more impact deal to be a title team, his salary would be needed.
Who is even on the market?

Gman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,330.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Imagine, though.... if RWIII develops over the course of the season towards his potential... we might not need any more deals... we might already be there, man.

64b2c9e250cfc34506dfb15c5b2d6cc2.gif