• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Celtics '24'25 - REIGNING NBA CHAMPIONS

CletusCooper

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think they would be wise to keep him as three point shooter on the outside -Less running and he has shown the ability to get it done-If they try to teach him defense - they are screwed like the Lakers, and Clippers
Thompson was always a good defender, was he not?

CletusCooper

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes, he's always been a good defender. He's not as good as he used to be because of age and his Achilles.
Father time gets 'em all but hopefully he has enough left in the tank for another run for Dallas. Maybe as a sixth man though I understand he would not accept that role at Golden State and that is the reason he moved on

thunderc

Hoopla Cash
$ 145,607.01
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Father time gets 'em all but hopefully he has enough left in the tank for another run for Dallas. Maybe as a sixth man though I understand he would not accept that role at Golden State and that is the reason he moved on
A Celtics AND Mavericks fan?

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Yeah, it's going to come down to how many "Klay games" or "near Klay games" they can get out of him...especially in the playoffs.

Hopefully he'll accept a 6th man type role. It would be a good way to help make sure he's ready for the playoffs...especially if they can get him some games off here and there during the season.

logic

Hoopla Cash
$ 69,974.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What kind of toast? :noidea:
Burned toast. Coming back from an Achilles he won’t have the quickness to guard on the wing nor the same push for his shot. I wouldn’t count on him for much.

CletusCooper

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A Celtics AND Mavericks fan?
Pretty fortunate huh? I am from New England and lived in Dallas for work the last several years so I started following the Mavs a bit. the 49ers are one of my clients so I've jumped on that bandwagon as well

CletusCooper

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, it's going to come down to how many "Klay games" or "near Klay games" they can get out of him...especially in the playoffs.

Hopefully he'll accept a 6th man type role. It would be a good way to help make sure he's ready for the playoffs...especially if they can get him some games off here and there during the season.
Agreed

CletusCooper

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I see you are an SC fan. What do you think of Lincoln Riley? He reminds me of Shanahan with the 49ers in that if the game is close at the end he will find a way to lose.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I see you are an SC fan. What do you think of Lincoln Riley? He reminds me of Shanahan with the 49ers in that if the game is close at the end he will find a way to lose.

Now that he's either figured out that he needs to have at least some defense (or been forced to address the defense by the AD) I think he'll be good. Kind of hard to put those losses on him (though as HC he gets the blame anyway). They're basically 3 plays away from being 6-0 and 2 of those 3 losses were the result of mistakes by the defense.

Honestly, the only complaint I have so far this year is about the o-line. They have to get better...especially on pass protection. They're gonna get Miller Moss killed.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes, he's always been a good defender. He's not as good as he used to be because of age and his Achilles.

I'd say good luck to your Lakers for the upcoming season but we both know I wouldn't mean it!

Thompson was always a good defender, was he not?

It's gonna be weird seeing Klay in a Mavs uniform.

GO CELTICS!!!

CletusCooper

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Now that he's either figured out that he needs to have at least some defense (or been forced to address the defense by the AD) I think he'll be good. Kind of hard to put those losses on him (though as HC he gets the blame anyway). They're basically 3 plays away from being 6-0 and 2 of those 3 losses were the result of mistakes by the defense.

Honestly, the only complaint I have so far this year is about the o-line. They have to get better...especially on pass protection. They're gonna get Miller Moss killed.
I'm super impressed with Woody Marx. The QB seems pretty good too. I watched the LSU game and it was shocking to see SC actually play defense.
This year's team seems to have a penchant for losing at the end. The D did let them down against Penn State I thought. You cannot give up a 4th and 7 and a 4th and 10 on that last drive of regulation where Penn State tied it up.

CletusCooper

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd say good luck to your Lakers for the upcoming season but we both know I wouldn't mean it!

It's gonna be weird seeing Klay in a Mavs uniform.

GO CELTICS!!!
I'm going to enjoy it He has such a pretty jumper

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm going to enjoy it He has such a pretty jumper

What are your thoughts about Kyrie? Helluva player, but his brain don't work right.

I was disappointed when the Celtics traded for him and was happy when he left Boston.

CletusCooper

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What are your thoughts about Kyrie? Helluva player, but his brain don't work right.

I was disappointed when the Celtics traded for him and was happy when he left Boston.
He seems to have grown up a little as a MAV and has actually become a leader on the team. He's definitely one of the most talented players in the league. I did not like the way he left Boston and as a Celtics fan I won't forget how he stomped on the logo at the Garden after his Nets beat us in a playoff game.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He seems to have grown up a little as a MAV and has actually become a leader on the team. He's definitely one of the most talented players in the league. I did not like the way he left Boston and as a Celtics fan I won't forget how he stomped on the logo at the Garden after his Nets beat us in a playoff game.

Celtics fan huh?

We're going to have to send your tHoop application up for secondary review. It seems we may have already fulfilled our Celtics fan quota.

The review board is a panel of unbiased Lakers fans...so you'll probably be okay.

No promises though.

CletusCooper

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Celtics fan huh?

We're going to have to send your tHoop application up for secondary review. It seems we may have already fulfilled our Celtics fan quota.

The review board is a panel of unbiased Lakers fans...so you'll probably be okay.

No promises though.
Ha ha. I guess you know what NBA team I hate. As for me, when its drilled into you as a little kid, what can you do? Love that team, love the tradition