• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Celtics '23'24 - Are We Topped Out?

The Q

Hoop’s Villain, Reality’s Hero
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I caught the first Celtics (vs Miami Heat) Summer League game on replay. Here are my thoughts:
  • The Heat had Jacquez Jr on their roster... which was kinda unfair. He was a man among boys out there.
  • Scheierman was often matched up vs Jacquez Jr, and looked slight by comparison. Kid is gonna have to hit the weight room.
  • Scheierman was respectable, though. He shot a couple of bricks early (looked like nerves), but settled in and hit multiple threes and made some decent passes.
  • Jaden Springer played well, as he should (as someone with relatively more real NBA experience). Springer also hit multiple threes, which was nice to see.
  • JD Davison has some scoring chops. He shot the ball well. That said, he looked out-of-control at times, too... he's just not fully polished yet.
  • Jordan Walsh had a miserable game. He took a lot of tough shots, and missed almost all of them. It looked like he was pressing on both ends of the floor... trying to do too much.
  • Neemias Queta gets too cute around the basket. Too often he tries to finesse in shots rather than use his big body and go in strong.
  • I liked the way 2nd round pick Anton Watson moved on the floor... he looked fluid, and had one real nice block on Jacquez Jr when they got matched up.
Here's the box score for the game:

Anton Watson block:

That was Watson’s specialty on d at gonzaga

I like him that late

Baylor js a guy who I wasn’t sure about

Guys that old have a tough track record and Jacquez is basically a 99% result for guys that old in the draft

So that’s what you’re hoping for with him