• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Celtics '23'24 - Are We Topped Out?

LogicMan

Watch out for Berniedoodles and Trumpers
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Going into Summer League... I got curious about some of our young / deep bench / satellite guys... so I did some research this morning:

JD Davidson - PG - 21 yo - Played a ton with Maine last year. Averaged 21 ppg along with 8.5 assists. Only 6'1", but has a decent build. Fast and quick. However, only shot 27% from 3 pt range... which isn't near good enough.

Yam Madar - PG - 23 yo - Overseas asset. Stats here. Originally draft in 2020, and has played a lot of pro ball. Good shooter. However, he (still) has a slight frame and that might be a death sentence as far as a possible NBA career goes... he'd just be a total target on the defensive end.

Jaden Springer - SG - 21 yo - Played very little G League ball last season, dominating the one game he did play in Maine with 26 points on 60% shooting. Good athlete and defender. Kind of a tweener height at 6'4". Can he shoot the 3 ball with consistency?

Juhann Begarin - SG - 21 yo - Overseas asset. Stats here. Originally drafted in 2021, and has played a lot of pro ball. Decent height (6'5") and good athleticism. However, his 3 pt shooting has not developed (dude shot only 25% from deep last season? :tsk:)... and until it does, he's got no future here. The good news is he is still very young.

Baylor Scheierman - SG/SF - 23 yo - Good potential as a shooting wing. Tough and has a decent frame to develop. Lots of confidence. Player comparison to Luke Kennard makes sense... hopefully becomes a tougher version of that. Was a state champion QB in high school (Nebraska).

Anton Watson - SF/PF - 23 yo - Tweener forward. Many were surprised that he got drafted at all, but he snuck into the end of the 2nd round. Apparently has some potential as a versatile defender... but he must develop a consistent 3 pt shot to make it in the NBA.
If one of the last three can become a value like Hauser I will be happy.

Hauser will get a 3 year 20M / yr deal at some point.

Wyck is a spending owner. We are lucky. Need Kornet back.

LogicMan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh dang... I totally forgot:

Jordan Walsh - SF/PF - 20 yo - Played a fair bit with Maine last season... showed well with 15 ppg, 9 rbg and 36% 3 pt shooting. Still raw on offense but the decent 3 pt % catches my eye as someone who is developing. Walsh has a long wingspan and good potential on the defensive end. We may have a quality prospect here.
Walsh will be a fan favorite

He will be a bench player for many years IMO

Gman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,330.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Walsh will be a fan favorite

He will be a bench player for many years IMO
We seem very well stocked at the wing... great top end talent and plenty of depth and development guys in the stable.

It's a long-standing philosophy in Boston... we've been on the leading edge of wing-heavy, "positionless" basketball for some time.

LogicMan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We seem very well stocked at the wing... great top end talent and plenty of depth and development guys in the stable.

It's a long-standing philosophy in Boston... we've been on the leading edge of wing-heavy, "positionless" basketball for some time.
For now the stretch offense with intensive D is the model. We have many years ahead of this roster. OKC Denver and Minny look to be the competition. Speed and strength wears down the others. Indy has some chance too.

The Q

Hoop’s Villain, Reality’s Hero
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Going into Summer League... I got curious about some of our young / deep bench / satellite guys... so I did some research this morning:

JD Davidson - PG - 21 yo - Played a ton with Maine last year. Averaged 21 ppg along with 8.5 assists. Only 6'1", but has a decent build. Fast and quick. However, only shot 27% from 3 pt range... which isn't near good enough.

Yam Madar - PG - 23 yo - Overseas asset. Stats here. Originally draft in 2020, and has played a lot of pro ball. Good shooter. However, he (still) has a slight frame and that might be a death sentence as far as a possible NBA career goes... he'd just be a total target on the defensive end.

Jaden Springer - SG - 21 yo - Played very little G League ball last season, dominating the one game he did play in Maine with 26 points on 60% shooting. Good athlete and defender. Kind of a tweener height at 6'4". Can he shoot the 3 ball with consistency?

Juhann Begarin - SG - 21 yo - Overseas asset. Stats here. Originally drafted in 2021, and has played a lot of pro ball. Decent height (6'5") and good athleticism. However, his 3 pt shooting has not developed (dude shot only 25% from deep last season? :tsk:)... and until it does, he's got no future here. The good news is he is still very young.

Baylor Scheierman - SG/SF - 23 yo - Good potential as a shooting wing. Tough and has a decent frame to develop. Lots of confidence. Player comparison to Luke Kennard makes sense... hopefully becomes a tougher version of that. Was a state champion QB in high school (Nebraska).

Anton Watson - SF/PF - 23 yo - Tweener forward. Many were surprised that he got drafted at all, but he snuck into the end of the 2nd round. Apparently has some potential as a versatile defender... but he must develop a consistent 3 pt shot to make it in the NBA.

I wish they couldve packaged yam and the frog to get a pick this year or something

With this stupid cba they need to develop more guys

Danny picked at least one of them, make him take them back lol

LogicMan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wish they couldve packaged yam and the frog to get a pick this year or something

With this stupid cba they need to develop more guys

Danny picked at least one of them, make him take them back lol

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

He just needs to be locked in the gym to shoot 3s over and over

He already has enough handle and passing and defense to be a fun useful player

But the shot is make or break for him being more than a depth piece who won’t embarass you out there

Gman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,330.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He just needs to be locked in the gym to shoot 3s over and over

He already has enough handle and passing and defense to be a fun useful player

But the shot is make or break for him being more than a depth piece who won’t embarass you out there
You talking about Walsh here?

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I love queta

He was on my sleepers list coming out

He graded out very well when on the court this year

I still bring back Tillman

Kornet is the swing piece

Curious if they don’t inflate his salary to trade him later on for a missing piece elsewhere

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You talking about Walsh here?

Yes

Again, I liked him

Put him on my second round sleeper list

But he needs to shoot it better

Gman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,330.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes

Again, I liked him

Put him on my second round sleeper list

But he needs to shoot it better
When I looked up the Maine stats from this past year, I was pleasantly surprised on how well Walsh shot the ball from deep... 36% on decent volume.

For a 20 yo developmental guy who's main concern was/is shooting... that's a good start.

Beyond that... he needs to develop his strength, but he seems to have a body frame similar to Jaylen Brown so he should be able to do that... it's just that he's only 20 and needs some time to get to a man's body.

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When I looked up the Maine stats from this past year, I was pleasantly surprised on how well Walsh shot the ball from deep... 36% on decent volume.

For a 20 yo developmental guy who's main concern was/is shooting... that's a good start.

Beyond that... he needs to develop his strength, but he seems to have a body frame similar to Jaylen Brown so he should be able to do that... it's just that he's only 20 and needs some time to get to a man's body.

And he supposedly is a gym rat, high character kid

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For now the stretch offense with intensive D is the model. We have many years ahead of this roster. OKC Denver and Minny look to be the competition. Speed and strength wears down the others. Indy has some chance too.

Minny will need to crush a center trade next summer to make it sustainable

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If one of the last three can become a value like Hauser I will be happy.

Hauser will get a 3 year 20M / yr deal at some point.

Wyck is a spending owner. We are lucky. Need Kornet back.

Can he buy the Sox? Pretty please?

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

redskinsfan1963

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just wonder if playing a full year on the Olympic team and the Celtics will effect holiday and Tatum much?

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just wonder if playing a full year on the Olympic team and the Celtics will effect holiday and Tatum much?

Very well could

It’s a lot of hoops

Gonna need to give them days off

Which means sign Hauser now before he has a good year with this new opportunity lol

Gman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,330.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Very well could

It’s a lot of hoops

Gonna need to give them days off

Which means sign Hauser now before he has a good year with this new opportunity lol
Count me in the camp of sacrificing some regular season wins to give our top guys more rest during the regular season.

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Count me in the camp of sacrificing some regular season wins to give our top guys more rest during the regular season.

Especially if they can keep the 1 seed

redskinsfan1963

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
exactly.we will win the Olympics regardless.losing an extra NBA game rarely hurts good teams.