• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Celtics '19'20 - Turning over a New Clover Leaf

Gman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,330.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
great run to the break
Great season overall so far... especially considering the ever-present injury concerns the C's have dealt with all year.

A lot of fun, too. Getting rid of Kyrie has led a much more pleasant feeling from the team and for the fans... I think that has shown through.
LM said:
Jayson becoming a super star
Jayson should be the story of last night and his emergence this season has been great... kid is busting his butt and the progress is real. Love his effort on defense.

That said, I want to give a shout out to Grant Williams and his play last night (and all season). It was not Husky Grant's best game... a seasoned, experienced pro (Montrezl Harrell) took advantage of the rookie several times on defense... Grant just wasn't strong enough to keep Harrell from doing his thing.

But Grant didn't hang his head. After initially getting banished to the bench, Williams got another chance when Theis fouled out and Kanter got banged up... and Husky Grant made several strong plays on defense towards the end to help the C's secure the victory. Very proud of the kid.

Gman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,330.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That said, I want to give a shout out to Grant Williams and his play last night (and all season). It was not Husky Grant's best game... a seasoned, experienced pro (Montrezl Harrell) took advantage of the rookie several times on defense... Grant just wasn't strong enough to keep Harrell from doing his thing.

But Grant didn't hang his head. After initially getting banished to the bench, Williams got another chance when Theis fouled out and Kanter got banged up... and Husky Grant made several strong plays on defense towards the end to help the C's secure the victory. Very proud of the kid.
I found some video footage of what I referenced about Grant Williams and defense in that Clip's game... this guy has given us so much as a rookie... and with all our injuries in the front court, there is an argument to be made that Husky Grant has been the glue guy that has held the Celtics together this season:

LogicMan

Watch out for Berniedoodles and Trumpers
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I found some video footage of what I referenced about Grant Williams and defense in that Clip's game... this guy has given us so much as a rookie... and with all our injuries in the front court, there is an argument to be made that Husky Grant has been the glue guy that has held the Celtics together this season:

On the previous possession Grant got schooled. It was a height issue. But he does Keep his head in the game. He has been their best 3 pt shooter this last month or two. A solid piece for sure

Gman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,330.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
On the previous possession Grant got schooled...
Yeah, I recall... like I said, it was not Husky Grant's best game... Harrell was just too strong and too savvy for the rook...

... but why does Grant get props anyways? Because he didn't hang his head. He made at least 3 key defensive plays in overtime to help get the win in a very close game.

The Q

Hoop’s Villain, Reality’s Hero
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Imagine if Danny ended up with Clarke, thybull and grant...

Gman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,330.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Imagine if Danny ended up with Clarke, thybull and grant...
Langford got more upside than any of them... so the jury is still out.

LogicMan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, I recall... like I said, it was not Husky Grant's best game... Harrell was just too strong and too savvy for the rook...

... but why does Grant get props anyways? Because he didn't hang his head. He made at least 3 key defensive plays in overtime to help get the win in a very close game.

Oh I agree

Rock Strongo

My mind spits with an enormous kickback.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Langford will be a solid pick. Plays with composure
i look at his defensive tenacity. hes a naturally gifted shooter and very athletic, but was never asked to D up like he is now when he does get minutes. he defends very well for a guy of his build. hes not afraid.
hes got potential.

LogicMan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i look at his defensive tenacity. hes a naturally gifted shooter and very athletic, but was never asked to D up like he is now when he does get minutes. he defends very well for a guy of his build. hes not afraid.
hes got potential.

He seems coachable rock. Its so early tho and he has had no playing time, and frankly I don't know how he will get it with Jaylen/Jayson/Gordon/Semi etc. Maybe they play him at the 2 or 3 some

I do want to see more of his defense.

Rock Strongo

My mind spits with an enormous kickback.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He seems coachable rock. Its so early tho and he has had no playing time, and frankly I don't know how he will get it with Jaylen/Jayson/Gordon/Semi etc. Maybe they play him at the 2 or 3 some

I do want to see more of his defense.
coachable is the right term.