• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Cano to Seattle?

Chef99

It's raw, you donkey!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Actually, this contract could be a good move for the franchise, if two things happen:

1) Obvoiusly, if Cano stays healthy and productive for ten years.

2) If they don't stop here. You can't win with just two stars. They'll need to spend even more if they want to be serious contenders.

This has to put Nick Franklin, Brad Miller and Dustin Ackley into play. One of these guys will be moved with Franklin having the most value, IMO. No way they can stop making moves now.

Banned 10x

aka Raindrop
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This has to put Nick Franklin, Brad Miller and Dustin Ackley into play. One of these guys will be moved with Franklin having the most value, IMO. No way they can stop making moves now.

you are spot on. If this is the only move they make than it's a terrible signing. Kemp, Price, Choo and Napoli are all on the M's radar and I do believe they'll get one if not two of these guys.

BigDDude

I live again
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
you are spot on. If this is the only move they make than it's a terrible signing. Kemp, Price, Choo and Napoli are all on the M's radar and I do believe they'll get one if not two of these guys.

No Kemp.

Only Ethier.

Like it, or lump it.

:suds:

BigDDude

I live again
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How is Brad Miller at SS? Ike Davis for Brad Miller straight up.

The Mets need to give you a job in their G.M's office. You seem well more interested in them becoming better than whoever is there now, and, you seem very willing to make a lot of moves to make it so.

Chef99

It's raw, you donkey!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How is Brad Miller at SS? Ike Davis for Brad Miller straight up.

Bro, Brad Miller would look just fine in a Mets uniform; I'd do that deal in a heartbeat. I highly doubt the Mariners would. :rollseyes:

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Mets need to give you a job in their G.M's office. You seem well more interested in them becoming better than whoever is there now, and, you seem very willing to make a lot of moves to make it so.

Bro, Brad Miller would look just fine in a Mets uniform; I'd do that deal in a heartbeat. I highly doubt the Mariners would. :rollseyes:

Ha, all I've heard is Daniel Murphy (solid solid player), Ike Davis (high potential, not sure he'll ever meet it with the New York media getting in his head) are all but gone and we have countless, quality young arms in the system. I think the winter meetings will see the Mets making a deal.

Logicallylethal

Hoopla Cash
$ 933.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cano is worth more to the Mariners than just his on the field production. What this signing does is it shows that the Mariners are true players in the free agency market. 10 years 240 mil...no one in Seattle is going to argue that's a good contract...but in this type of market with a team that hasn't really had consistent success in over a decade this is the dollar value that has to be paid to lure the best here.

Plus...in terms of overpaid contracts thrown at players in recent years (Josh Hamilton, Prince Fielder, etc)...in my opinion Cano is the most durable and most likely to still be productive late into his contract.

It's not to say that he will still be an mvp candidate at 37 or 38. His power will most likely diminish with age but that sweet swing will always be there with him. I could still see him being able to hit .300 late into his 30s and still be very productive.

BigDDude

I live again
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just tell yer Dodger brass to keep Ethier far, far away from the Mets. :nono::nono::nono:

THE NERVE....

Why do all posters here only want the good guys from other teams......?

Johnnydollaz89

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,976.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They will probably move Franklin before they move Miller. Franklin only played 20 games at SS. With Cano there now, it will make Franklin moveable. Though I would love a Davis for Miller swap.

Otherwise, GREAT signing for the Mariners, I love it. Cano just cashed in and love seeing the pissed off Yankee fans on Twitter

Nyfan1980

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like how on TV they are talking like they had to sell Cano that this team will get turned around or whatever. Cano went there simply for the money, he didn't go there to win or anything, he told people he was going to whoever paid him the most period. The Mariners are not going to be a good team next season.

DaBoltsNIsles

PLAYOFFS OR BUST!!
Lost in the ABYSS that is Islanders Hockey.
Hoopla Cash
$ 588.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like how on TV they are talking like they had to sell Cano that this team will get turned around or whatever. Cano went there simply for the money, he didn't go there to win or anything, he told people he was going to whoever paid him the most period. The Mariners are not going to be a good team next season.

You sound like a very bitter Yankees fan. It's different when the shoe is on the other foot isn't it? The Mariners of an ace and a very good group of pitching prospects, some of whom will be ready as soon as this year. The Mariners are going to be a much better team with this signing & they probably aren't done making moves.

BigDDude

I live again
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You sound like a very bitter Yankees fan. It's different when the shoe is on the other foot isn't it? The Mariners of an ace and a very good group of pitching prospects, some of whom will be ready as soon as this year. The Mariners are going to be a much better team with this signing & they probably aren't done making moves.

IMO, it is more that the Mariners will be a much better team as long as they are not done yet making moves. The signing of Cano helps, and helps a good bit. But, they need still more help to be able to become a serious yearly contender.

Podunkparte

12 > 49
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,184.88
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hard to argue with your expertise as a Knicks and Jets fan :laugh3:

Nyfan1980

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

No, I wanted the Yankees to hold strong and not give him a 10 year contract. They NEVER pan out, you understand what never means? What will happen is the Mariners will probably still suck and try to trade him down the road to get free of some money. I don't care about the Mariners prospects, this has been the talk for years and they rarely pan out.
I am just talking facts, Cano didn't go there to win, he went there for the money. He doesn't care about what prospects they have or anything, that is like saying A-Rod cared about the prospects the Rangers had.

A team that hits .211 needs more than 1 good hitter, who isn't even a 1.000 OPS kind of hitter, hes a under .900 OPS type most of the time. Baseball isn't a sport where 1 guy transform a team, you need a team full of good players to win.

Nyfan1980

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hard to argue with your expertise as a Knicks and Jets fan :laugh3:

Like that has any relevancy. Like I'm going to take the word of a Mariners fan that they are going to be good, like your team has ever won a WS.

Brahmsian

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good players LEAVING the Sinstripes rather than joining them!

It should happen more often!