• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Yankees fans appear to regret letting Cano walk

seahawksfan234

Radical Moderate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hope this thread will catch the eye of some of the Yankees fans on this board because I'm curious to hear their thoughts:

The Yankees shouldn’t have let Cano walk

Although Cano probably will eventually decline and his contract won't look pretty, it looks like signing him to that $240m deal didn't end up being a disaster, thank God.

Hopefully the Mariners put together a playoff caliber team before age catches up with him. For all the things you could criticize Jack Z for, signing Cano and Cruz both appeared to have worked out. When it is all said and done, Cano will go down as one of the best 2nd basemen of all time.

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know a Yankees fan at work, he was pissed off that the Yankees let him walk. He said it worked out at the end of the day because of the Castro signing, but he also said, "Cano strikes more fear in pitchers than Castro. Cano from 2014-16 in his time with the Ms was the best overall 2nd baseman and he's still relevant in 2017. Yankees were stupid to let that walk."

obxyankeefan

Hoopla Cash
$ 63,137.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
At the time that Cano left the Yankees had too many older players signed to big dollar contracts. Signing Cano to a better contract then Seattle offered would not have been a good move for the Yankees at that time.

From a production stand point yes I would still like to see him in a Yankees uniform, but do not blame him for taking the money.

From a personal view, I hope for him to have great success in Seattle and lose to the Yankees every year in the AL championship Series.

Destroydacre

Throws stuff out windows
Hoopla Cash
$ 90.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
At the time that Cano left the Yankees had too many older players signed to big dollar contracts. Signing Cano to a better contract then Seattle offered would not have been a good move for the Yankees at that time.

From a production stand point yes I would still like to see him in a Yankees uniform, but do not blame him for taking the money.

From a personal view, I hope for him to have great success in Seattle and lose to the Yankees every year in the AL championship Series.

I'd love to see the M's in the ALCS. Hell I'll take the wild card game.