• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

So You Wanted Another List? The top 32 O-lines According to PFF

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Talking about it is fine. Assuming it's meaningful is dumb. Personally I take the writers opinion on the same level as anyone on here that chooses to go through the trouble to make a list. Interesting read, but not really an indicator of anything to come. Heck, I'm guessing DingPot has Wash at #1 just like he does every other position within 24 hours...

The other issue with all of these lists is they assume every player stays healthy. That is why these rankings change so much from one year to the next in some teams experience luckier health breaks than others. San Diego last year is a great example in many thought they were going to be a very good OL because of all the players they brought in but injuries and well so many new pieces trying to figure things out together has them now considered a terrible OL in the NFL. So like you said these lists are interesting to talk about but no one should take them as automatically meaning success moving forward.

idahoraiderfan33

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So you mus
The other issue with all of these lists is they assume every player stays healthy. That is why these rankings change so much from one year to the next in some teams experience luckier health breaks than others. San Diego last year is a great example in many thought they were going to be a very good OL because of all the players they brought in but injuries and well so many new pieces trying to figure things out together has them now considered a terrible OL in the NFL. So like you said these lists are interesting to talk about but no one should take them as automatically meaning success moving forward.
So you must not agree with the PFF rank of the Denver Corners right?? Or the Cowboy fan and the Cowboy OL rank..

Oldschool739

It's my Country, Flag, Bible, Gun. Don't try it !
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Talking about it is fine. Assuming it's meaningful is dumb. Personally I take the writers opinion on the same level as anyone on here that chooses to go through the trouble to make a list. Interesting read, but not really an indicator of anything to come. Heck, I'm guessing DingPot has Wash at #1 just like he does every other position within 24 hours...

Well, it gives us incentive and washes away the boredom of the off season....Big D is known for that Oline so at least they were on track, if they had a bad one, Romo may never be able to stay on the field and that would not be good...

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So you mus

So you must not agree with the PFF rank of the Denver Corners right?? Or the Cowboy fan and the Cowboy OL rank..

I said I have to take it at face value. I said it is interesting and we can talk about it but just because the Broncos have the top corner duo and top defensive front-7 doesn't mean automatic success heading into this next season. I do expect the Broncos to once again have a great defense but it also doesn't take much to derail that like injuries to key players, Super Bowl hangover showing up, untimely turnovers by the offense putting the defense in bad spots and bad scores to be able to stay aggressive throughout a game. All those things factor in. Same with OL in on paper yeah you guys look like you have a great unit. What happens if your Center goes down with injury again? What happens if Penn with being another year older begins to slow down? What happens if Osomele doesn't fit well into your system since he is coming from a ZBS to a PBS with the Raiders now? There are lots of variables that make these lists fun to look at but you have to be careful when citing them to try and how how great or bad your team is.

idahoraiderfan33

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I said I have to take it at face value. I said it is interesting and we can talk about it but just because the Broncos have the top corner duo and top defensive front-7 doesn't mean automatic success heading into this next season. I do expect the Broncos to once again have a great defense but it also doesn't take much to derail that like injuries to key players, Super Bowl hangover showing up, untimely turnovers by the offense putting the defense in bad spots and bad scores to be able to stay aggressive throughout a game. All those things factor in. Same with OL in on paper yeah you guys look like you have a great unit. What happens if your Center goes down with injury again? What happens if Penn with being another year older begins to slow down? What happens if Osomele doesn't fit well into your system since he is coming from a ZBS to a PBS with the Raiders now? There are lots of variables that make these lists fun to look at but you have to be careful when citing them to try and how how great or bad your team is.
I understand about injury's and all that cd.. But this ain't about that, but about how they rank our teams..
For example.. You said you have the top rank Corners and top DL according to PFF.. So do you believe them or not??

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I understand about injury's and all that cd.. But this ain't about that, but about how they rank our teams..
For example.. You said you have the top rank Corners and top DL according to PFF.. So do you believe them or not??

I think an argument can be made that they belong at least top-3 on each of those lists. More so at the Corner position than the front-7 position since we didn't lose anybody from our top ranked secondary where in the front-7 we did lose 2 starters. Obviously though 9 of the 11 starters returning of a top ranked defense in the NFL most likely will be at or near the top of every one's list. Just the way it goes.

Now I think Oakland has a top-5 OL. I"m not arguing that. I'm saying many things can change that. I would also add that Oakland is getting against 3 pretty darn good pass rushes in their own division which could hurt them numbers wise when everything is said and done.

idahoraiderfan33

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think an argument can be made that they belong at least top-3 on each of those lists. More so at the Corner position than the front-7 position since we didn't lose anybody from our top ranked secondary where in the front-7 we did lose 2 starters. Obviously though 9 of the 11 starters returning of a top ranked defense in the NFL most likely will be at or near the top of every one's list. Just the way it goes.

Now I think Oakland has a top-5 OL. I"m not arguing that. I'm saying many things can change that. I would also add that Oakland is getting against 3 pretty darn good pass rushes in their own division which could hurt them numbers wise when everything is said and done.
I get what your saying dude, but it don't change the fact that it's a PFF ranking.. So you either roll with them or you don't.. And by the way it looks, you are.. Hmmm

And yeah, our OL has to play some great pass rushers in the AFCW, but you guys have to play our top 5 rank DL as well.. Trench Wars..

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I get what your saying dude, but it don't change the fact that it's a PFF ranking.. So you either roll with them or you don't.. And by the way it looks, you are.. Hmmm

And yeah, our OL has to play some great pass rushers in the AFCW, but you guys have to play our top 5 rank DL as well.. Trench Wars..

I'm agreeing with PFF yes but that doesn't mean much. Like I said plenty of other sites that rank groups like PFF have said very similar things. IT doesn't mean future success though. Look at the Top-5 WR units that somebody linked to. Compare that to the year before and I think only 1 team that was in the top-5 the year before was still in the top-5 the next year. That is the way the NFL works in hero one day and failure the next. It is why football is so exciting because teams are on equal footing with the Cap and can easily turn things around but can also see their team go from success to failure in a hurry.

Cave_Johnson

R.I.P. Bob Saget
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seahawks are too high.

idahoraiderfan33

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm agreeing with PFF yes but that doesn't mean much. Like I said plenty of other sites that rank groups like PFF have said very similar things. IT doesn't mean future success though. Look at the Top-5 WR units that somebody linked to. Compare that to the year before and I think only 1 team that was in the top-5 the year before was still in the top-5 the next year. That is the way the NFL works in hero one day and failure the next. It is why football is so exciting because teams are on equal footing with the Cap and can easily turn things around but can also see their team go from success to failure in a hurry.
Im not sure i agree with this post cd..
Cuz it all depends on what type of team you have.. If you have a drafted team that's young those players will remain in the upper half of the league for the most part.. If you have a Vet team, those players fall off..
And that goes for both sides of the ball.. When PM was breaking records your WRs were top in the league, or at least top 3.. PM gets old that production falls off.. So it all depends on what type of team you have..

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Im not sure i agree with this post cd..
Cuz it all depends on what type of team you have.. If you have a drafted team that's young those players will remain in the upper half of the league for the most part.. If you have a Vet team, those players fall off..
And that goes for both sides of the ball.. When PM was breaking records your WRs were top in the league, or at least top 3.. PM gets old that production falls off.. So it all depends on what type of team you have..

Well I wouldn't say the production of our receivers really fell off. I mean DT put up 1,300 yards and Sanders put up 1,100 yards this past season. If I remember right that was still the top duo in yards of any WR combo in the NFL. So even with Manning falling off they still put up great numbers. It was the rest of the team that saw a huge drop off.

idahoraiderfan33

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well I wouldn't say the production of our receivers really fell off. I mean DT put up 1,300 yards and Sanders put up 1,100 yards this past season. If I remember right that was still the top duo in yards of any WR combo in the NFL. So even with Manning falling off they still put up great numbers. It was the rest of the team that saw a huge drop off.
You fell into my trap dude.. That's just the post i wanted to read but for other reasons.. But this ain't the thread for that.. Oh, and there you have it on the other part of your post?? The huge drop off!! Again cd, everything depends on what type of team you have..

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You fell into my trap dude.. That's just the post i wanted to read but for other reasons.. But this ain't the thread for that.. Oh, and there you have it on the other part of your post?? The huge drop off!! Again cd, everything depends on what type of team you have..

I didn't disagree that some veterans see a huge drop off just like Manning saw last year. I was saying that DT and Sanders though didn't see a huge drop off in production even though Manning did. Every team though has a mix of veterans brought in (unless your Green Bay) and that of drafted players. Just the way it works in today's NFL that you have to depend on draft picks to take up a huge chunk of your roster to fit within the Cap.

Money

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is this yet another thread to troll Broncos' fans? When will the madness end???

idahoraiderfan33

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I didn't disagree that some veterans see a huge drop off just like Manning saw last year. I was saying that DT and Sanders though didn't see a huge drop off in production even though Manning did. Every team though has a mix of veterans brought in (unless your Green Bay) and that of drafted players. Just the way it works in today's NFL that you have to depend on draft picks to take up a huge chunk of your roster to fit within the Cap.
Im sorry dude, but im smiling man.. Anyways cd, of course teams have a mix of Vets and draft picks, im not saying anything about that.. Im was talking about why production falls off.. If you have a young QB and WRs that are good, they will rank in the top half of the league for the most part.. Same goes for the OL, DL, etc..

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Im sorry dude, but im smiling man.. Anyways cd, of course teams have a mix of Vets and draft picks, im not saying anything about that.. Im was talking about why production falls off.. If you have a young QB and WRs that are good, they will rank in the top half of the league for the most part.. Same goes for the OL, DL, etc..

Well any player old or young that is good is going to rank well. Not sure I am getting your point. Look at the Patriots last year as they had one of the best passing attacks in the NFL and they did it with a pretty darn old QB in Brady and WR's in their 30's. Larry Fitzgerald was one of the best WR's in the NFL last year when many thought his career was heading on a downward spiral. So plenty of aging vets still do well at both WR and QB. If you are good it doesn't matter age.

As for the Raiders they have shown a lot of potential. Potential just means they haven't quite done it yet. Such as Carr many consider him an up and coming QB but that also means he hasn't quite gotten there to that upper tier of QB's. We have seen plenty of players start out well and quickly platoon. Same with the WR's in they showed great promise last year but we saw your #1 WR also really struggle later in the year when teams got more film on him. Now I do understand he was struggling through an injury as well so have to see if it was the film that caught up to him and the Raiders offense over the 2nd half of the season or was it injuries?

Like I said I don't think it is rocket science to say if you have good players they are going to rank high. That is like saying water is wet.

RegentDenali

LOL at 42-13, 29-3, 19-3
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,798.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dallas Oline better be that good. One more hit to Romos collarbone and he's going to be crippled for life.

Gooch1034

Fuck off!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.23
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Steelers might rank higher with Pouncey coming back. Him alone is a huge upgrade and should see an improved O-line over last years. Just hope they can all stay healthy.

cowboys5xsbs

Surprise Motherfucker
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dallas Oline better be that good. One more hit to Romos collarbone and he's going to be crippled for life.
Yea it was mostly randle who could not block at all. I think eh was the one that got romo killed. They say Elliot is a good blocker we will see I guess.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yea it was mostly randle who could not block at all. I think eh was the one that got romo killed. They say Elliot is a good blocker we will see I guess.
If ever there was a QB who should hang it up over future health, Romo comes to mind. I don't care how good the blocking is, the starting QB is going to take a bad hit sooner or later.