• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

So You Wanted Another List? The top 32 O-lines According to PFF

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If ever there was a QB who should hang it up over future health, Romo comes to mind. I don't care how good the blocking is, the starting QB is going to take a bad hit sooner or later.
I'm kinda worried about what Peyton is going to look like in 5 years. Romo and Big Ben are imo also guys who will probably have a difficult time getting older.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm kinda worried about what Peyton is going to look like in 5 years. Romo and Big Ben are imo also guys who will probably have a difficult time getting older.
Yup, I do agree. Players need to get smarter about calling it quit, money is far from everything.

Uhsplit

Hoopla Cash
$ 805.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would like to point out if this was held in reverse order, my Seahawks would have to top spot.

I feel better now.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would like to point out if this was held in reverse order, my Seahawks would have to top spot.

I feel better now.
They ended up right where I thought they would. I'm really banking on the Seahawks finally hitting some home runs with these young guys. :hope:

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They ended up right where I thought they would. I'm really banking on the Seahawks finally hitting some home runs with these young guys. :hope:

The good news is they can't go any lower in the rankings.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How's the Alabama OL looking these days, college football junkies? :dhd:

Nah, but really, that's an interesting strategy they have up there.
We'll have to see. In the past I wonder if the Seahawks FO could find a quality QB. Over paying for Whitehust, then settling for TJak is why, yet they did. Putting forward a good DL seemed difficult. Yes they traded for Chris Clemons, but otherwise the pass rush looked bleak, then they signed Avril and Bennett. Now they are focused on the OL, letting Okung walk despite a cheap price tag is bold, but I find myself believing that this OL ends up being way better then 32. Maybe it's just the homer in me, but I really think this OL will end up being better then what they had last year. Time will tell.:nod:

idahoraiderfan33

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well any player old or young that is good is going to rank well. Not sure I am getting your point. Look at the Patriots last year as they had one of the best passing attacks in the NFL and they did it with a pretty darn old QB in Brady and WR's in their 30's. Larry Fitzgerald was one of the best WR's in the NFL last year when many thought his career was heading on a downward spiral. So plenty of aging vets still do well at both WR and QB. If you are good it doesn't matter age.

As for the Raiders they have shown a lot of potential. Potential just means they haven't quite done it yet. Such as Carr many consider him an up and coming QB but that also means he hasn't quite gotten there to that upper tier of QB's. We have seen plenty of players start out well and quickly platoon. Same with the WR's in they showed great promise last year but we saw your #1 WR also really struggle later in the year when teams got more film on him. Now I do understand he was struggling through an injury as well so have to see if it was the film that caught up to him and the Raiders offense over the 2nd half of the season or was it injuries?

Like I said I don't think it is rocket science to say if you have good players they are going to rank high. That is like saying water is wet.

seahawksfan234

Radical Moderate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not surprised to see the Seahawks ranked dead-last. Their offensive line projects to be abysmal.

chf

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I think we should trade right out of the first round, and save the cap space!

Davis_Mike

You can never have too many knives.
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the Cardinals O-line can be top 5 by the end of the year. Mathis is a huge upgrade with only RT being a question mark. Center will an improvement over last season with the rookie likely taking the starting role at some point.

idahoraiderfan33

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well any player old or young that is good is going to rank well. Not sure I am getting your point. Look at the Patriots last year as they had one of the best passing attacks in the NFL and they did it with a pretty darn old QB in Brady and WR's in their 30's. Larry Fitzgerald was one of the best WR's in the NFL last year when many thought his career was heading on a downward spiral. So plenty of aging vets still do well at both WR and QB. If you are good it doesn't matter age.

As for the Raiders they have shown a lot of potential. Potential just means they haven't quite done it yet. Such as Carr many consider him an up and coming QB but that also means he hasn't quite gotten there to that upper tier of QB's. We have seen plenty of players start out well and quickly platoon. Same with the WR's in they showed great promise last year but we saw your #1 WR also really struggle later in the year when teams got more film on him. Now I do understand he was struggling through an injury as well so have to see if it was the film that caught up to him and the Raiders offense over the 2nd half of the season or was it injuries?

Like I said I don't think it is rocket science to say if you have good players they are going to rank high. That is like saying water is wet.
That's all everything is this year cd, potential for all teams.. At seasons end then we will know if the ranking were right FOR all teams..

And cd, nobody is saying Carr right there with the greats of the game YET.. But when you look at the jump from his rookie year to his 2nd year, you see the great potential.. In fact, you see franchise QB!! Arm talent, smarts, and great work ethic.. I would say Carr, Teddy B, Winston, MM, Bortles, Luck are the future of the NFL..

And then you say teams got film on Coop, which is true.. But that's not the reason he slowed down cd.. He was hurt man, but you know that already.. You seen what Coop can do already.. And he will only get better..

idahoraiderfan33

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's all everything is this year cd, potential for all teams.. At seasons end then we will know if the ranking were right FOR all teams..

And cd, nobody is saying Carr right there with the greats of the game YET.. But when you look at the jump from his rookie year to his 2nd year, you see the great potential.. In fact, you see franchise QB!! Arm talent, smarts, and great work ethic.. I would say Carr, Teddy B, Winston, MM, Bortles, Luck are the future of the NFL..

And then you say teams got film on Coop, which is true.. But that's not the reason he slowed down cd.. He was hurt man, but you know that already.. You seen what Coop can do already.. And he will only get better..
My bad?? I would say RW as of now is the best young QB in the game.. Dude has a ring and is really good!!
Anyways Hoop fans, sorry for going off the rails

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I knew the Pat's had problems but I didn't realize they went through 41 combinations.
It will be great to have Scar back this year. (Dante Scarnecchia)
Yes but if Pat fans bring it up it's called making excuses. The most by far and Brady still led tge league in TDs thrown while getting sacked a boat load. Glad to have Scar back, he'll keep TB from getting killed this year for all 15 games he plays. 12 regular season and 3 playoff games.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agree especially Romo. Talk about injury prone. Big Ben on the other hand is a beast. He doesn't take a lot of bone crushing hits like Romo. Ben just seems to get hurt. I wouldn't want to be walking around on his pegs come 50.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yup, I do agree. Players need to get smarter about calling it quit, money is far from everything.
Or learn to take hits. One thing keeping Brady alive is his willingness to get down and not get crushed. Unlike RW who is quite mobile. He uses that to avoid the big hits. Romo gets crushed. Even Cam as big as he is gets crushed and throws himself around needlessly. His career will lijely be shortened a couple years. Not sure I've seen a QB land on his neck/head as much as Cam?

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Or learn to take hits. One thing keeping Brady alive is his willingness to get down and not get crushed. Unlike RW who is quite mobile. He uses that to avoid the big hits. Romo gets crushed. Even Cam as big as he is gets crushed and throws himself around needlessly. His career will lijely be shortened a couple years. Not sure I've seen a QB land on his neck/head as much as Cam?

Well Cam has already had to have one of his legs worked on because of some of the hits he takes. He definitely takes more of a beating than what you like to see. Some of that though is playcalling because they seem to encourage him taking a lot of extra hits. I'm like you in that will shorten his career. They need to work on getting him more and more away from running it and becoming more of a pocket passer that uses his legs to escape when needed and have the threat of him running but only use it to keep a defense honest.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well Cam has already had to have one of his legs worked on because of some of the hits he takes. He definitely takes more of a beating than what you like to see. Some of that though is playcalling because they seem to encourage him taking a lot of extra hits. I'm like you in that will shorten his career. They need to work on getting him more and more away from running it and becoming more of a pocket passer that uses his legs to escape when needed and have the threat of him running but only use it to keep a defense honest.
I'm sure he's been running over players since pop warner. It's hard to break old habbits. Especially those that have worked so well. He just needs to try an avoid those collisions. Slide, get down, go out of bounds but stop trying to run over, thru and above other superior athletes. Personally I hope he keeps it up. I've said before I'm not a fan. Not wishing for someone to hurt him but hey if he wants to chance hurting himself, who am I to disagree with his thought process.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm sure he's been running over players since pop warner. It's hard to break old habbits. Especially those that have worked so well. He just needs to try an avoid those collisions. Slide, get down, go out of bounds but stop trying to run over, thru and above other superior athletes. Personally I hope he keeps it up. I've said before I'm not a fan. Not wishing for someone to hurt him but hey if he wants to chance hurting himself, who am I to disagree with his thought process.

I'm not a big fan of him either. Like you not wishing injury but just not into the whole big head dance in your face attitude then when you lose become a ridiculous sore loser. If you are going to do the dancing you better be ready for it to be done right back at yah. My dad always taught me you better be able to take it if you want to dish it. Always comes back to bite you when you are a sore winner.