• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Cano to Seattle?

$500 Million

Elitist Douche
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
DAMN looking at it like that then yes smart move by the Yankees. Though Roberts is no where near the caliber player Cano is

Let's be honest here gentlemen, at this point Roberts is no where near the caliber player Kelly Johnson is.

Roberts is a shot in the dark, nothing more.

BigDDude

I live again
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Let's be honest here gentlemen, at this point Roberts is no where near the caliber player Kelly Johnson is.

IMO, only because of Roberts being fragile. And, speaking of Roberts, I hope the Yankees use him as the Rays did, at 2B, 3B, and LF. Nothing better than a multi position guy with a little pop and speed from a fantasy prospective.......

Nyfan1980

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I still need to read up on what the differences b/w fangraphs WAR and baseballreference WAR is, but baseballreference WAR by comparison has Cano at 7.6 and Ellsbury at 5.8.

I know Cano got more years and dollars than Ellsbury, but I honestly don't think Ellsbury will age well, or at least age worse than Cano will.

When you look at how speedsters perform in their mid 30s to their earlier years (I did this in another thread looking at the steals trend for a bunch of guys in recent years who stole many bases in their careers), the steals are usually 1/2 of what they used to be, and obviously with the reduced speed will come a reduction in OBP, defensive range, runs. With Ellsbury, once his speed starts to go, what value will he have on the team? He's not a high OBP guy, nor a power guy unless outside of that 1 year he hit 30+, and once his speed goes he'll be a LFer.

Didn't even notice there was a difference. I just go to fangraphs because it lists their offensive rating and defensive rating.

$500 Million

Elitist Douche
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
IMO, only because of Roberts being fragile. And, speaking of Roberts, I hope the Yankees use him as the Rays did, at 2B, 3B, and LF. Nothing better than a multi position guy with a little pop and speed from a fantasy prospective.......

Roberts wasn't on the Rays, did you mean Johnson?

If so, the Yankees may have no choice but to use him as the full time 2B unless they get someone else.

BigDDude

I live again
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Roberts wasn't on the Rays, did you mean Johnson?

If so, the Yankees may have no choice but to use him as the full time 2B unless they get someone else.

Thank you for the correction $ 500. I was thinking of Johnson. Or, more correctly, NOT thinking, as I am doing a 9 hour case study in boredom here at work, and have been all week.

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Besides Phillips was he the "best available" for 2B left out there?

da55bums

Royals -when they do win its a WS RING.
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They offered Cano more... And in terms of WAR, according to fangraphs both players were pretty close last season.

Cano had a 6.0 and Ellsbury had a 5.8.

They gave Cano a huge offer, $25 mil per year. But weren't willing to give a 31 year old player a 10 year contract, they are against that since the A-Rod deal and league round it never works out when you give a 30+ year old player a 10 year contract. Look at Albert Pujols and he was a WAY better hitter than Cano. And Cano is going to where hitters go to die.

He signed with Anheim Angels? I thought he signed with Seattle and Cano is no Chone Figgins or Jesus Montero.

Nyfan1980

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He signed with Anheim Angels? I thought he signed with Seattle and Cano is no Chone Figgins or Jesus Montero.

The Angels have a hitters park. The Mariners have a pitchers park where guys struggle to hit in. Look at Adrian Beltre, great hitter the year before he signed with the Mariners, great hitter after he leaves the Mariners.

cezero

Goldmember
Hoopla Cash
$ 835.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Angels have a hitters park. The Mariners have a pitchers park where guys struggle to hit in. Look at Adrian Beltre, great hitter the year before he signed with the Mariners, great hitter after he leaves the Mariners.

he was indirectly referring to Hamilpoo, the wondertwin creation of Hamilton and Pujols that cost Anaheim $50 million in 2013, and earned them jack shit.

da55bums

Royals -when they do win its a WS RING.
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
he was indirectly referring to Hamilpoo, the wondertwin creation of Hamilton and Pujols that cost Anaheim $50 million in 2013, and earned them jack shit.

Way to pay attention Cezero...could also ad Vernon Wells, if you want to get techical, just over the last few years, think more hitters have died with the Angels than the Mariners since Beltre had a bad year few years in Seatle

RobToxin

Roid Raging
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.08
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Robison Cano will make $45 dollars per minute & $65,753 a DAY for ten years. Let that soak in.

GenJac

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's nice to see Cano earning every penny of that huge contract he signed.

.275 average, 1 home run and a handful of RBI.

Mondo Jay

Wine Mafia
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,690.94
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's nice to see Cano earning every penny of that huge contract he signed.

.275 average, 1 home run and a handful of RBI.
Hard to judge after 1 month. He had a very good year last year. I would be shocked if his numbers aren't where they should be by the end of the year.

GenJac

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hard to judge after 1 month. He had a very good year last year. I would be shocked if his numbers aren't where they should be by the end of the year.

My main concern is that while I saw the pitching as suspect in making it into September I did think they would be strong out of the box and that hasn't panned out. I said they would still struggle scoring runs and that has come true but I certainly didn't see Cruz hitting the most home runs in history at this point in the season and I am shocked Cano has looked bad early. You would think they would be pitching to him based on not wanting to pitch to Cruz! Seager has started slowly as well but he will be there at the end with decent numbers.

StanMarsh51

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My main concern is that while I saw the pitching as suspect in making it into September I did think they would be strong out of the box and that hasn't panned out. I said they would still struggle scoring runs and that has come true but I certainly didn't see Cruz hitting the most home runs in history at this point in the season and I am shocked Cano has looked bad early. You would think they would be pitching to him based on not wanting to pitch to Cruz! Seager has started slowly as well but he will be there at the end with decent numbers.

It's not even 30 games into the season, and he wasn't much better the first 27 games of last season either (Cano had 1 HR and a .704 OPS through 27 games last season).

Not to mention, April and May are statistically Cano's worst months by far.

In other words, you're overreacting.

Last edited:

Mondo Jay

Wine Mafia
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,690.94
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can't believe Teams are pitching to Cruz. His protection is suspect at best.

HammerDown

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3