• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Biggest disappointment outside of Cleveland?

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LeBron isn't that young. Maybe they can get by with playing love & Irving those minutes but LeBron is turning 30 this month and he has played deep into June for 4 straight years and in one of those years he played in the Olympics also. It is not a smart move to play LeBron 40+ minutes anytime you're in a close game in the regular season

He lost weight and trained hard for a reason. He might be 30, but he can play more than half the season in high minutes to mesh with the guys, he has to at first. Then when they get more pieces and a better bench and lock up a seed (hopefully) he wont play as much. The first thing is getting on the same page and chemistry, the minutes are high for a reason.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He lost weight and trained hard for a reason. He might be 30, but he can play more than half the season in high minutes to mesh with the guys, he has to at first. Then when they get more pieces and a better bench and lock up a seed (hopefully) he wont play as much. The first thing is getting on the same page and chemistry, the minutes are high for a reason.

We'll see I guess.

Let's see how many minutes is he playing in March.

I'm not a fan of Blatt coaching style when it comes to minutes and using his bench. Going with an 8 man rotation in the regular season is not a good thing. Even if your bench is garbage, most coaches still would play 4-5 bench guy nightly

LogicMan

Watch out for Berniedoodles and Trumpers
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
BKS even you have to see that Lbj is getting a set of players on the up slope vs players on the down slope.

Miami needed time to develop so why should it be not obvious that Cleveland needs that time too.

LogicMan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Clevelands bench came through tonite............as well as Love.

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
BKS even you have to see that Lbj is getting a set of players on the up slope vs players on the down slope.

Miami needed time to develop so why should it be not obvious that Cleveland needs that time too.

By the time those guys get developed enough - Lebron will be on the down slope then:lol:

LogicMan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Perhaps but if you look at Kobe u can see Father Time can be tricked

I cannot believe the duke and duchess targeted Lebron for a visit

His influence is jordanesque these days

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To me the Cavaliers are doing fine. It takes time for a team to develop and grow. Some of you have forgotten that the Heat lost games and had growing pains as well. I think the two biggest disappointments starts with the 76ers and the Lakers. Even though both of these teams were the worst in the NBA and everyone knew it, I expected better and expected a united effort. Clearly none of the players on either team has any pride whatsoever

logic

Hoopla Cash
$ 69,974.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To me the Cavaliers are doing fine. It takes time for a team to develop and grow. Some of you have forgotten that the Heat lost games and had growing pains as well. I think the two biggest disappointments starts with the 76ers and the Lakers. Even though both of these teams were the worst in the NBA and everyone knew it, I expected better and expected a united effort. Clearly none of the players on either team has any pride whatsoever

I don't understand how you can not have the Pistons as the biggest disappointment. They have young talent that the new GM and coach was supposed to come in a get to play well together. But with basically the same team as last year VanGundy has made this team even worse. There is no semblance of an offensive plan, and nothing even resembling a defense. They lost to the Lakers and 76ers at home in the same week and are closing in on the franchise single season consecutive loss record. All this has been on an easy schedule so far. Jennings is complaining about practice, VanGundy is insulting the team. Just when I thought there was no way to go but up and that they finally got a good coaching hire the Pistons overwhelm with disappointment again. You still have 61 games Pistons, prove me wrong!

lakersrule

ANUSTART
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Logic...what's your opinion on Monroe? Is he worth a big contract this summer?

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't understand how you can not have the Pistons as the biggest disappointment. They have young talent that the new GM and coach was supposed to come in a get to play well together. But with basically the same team as last year VanGundy has made this team even worse. There is no semblance of an offensive plan, and nothing even resembling a defense. They lost to the Lakers and 76ers at home in the same week and are closing in on the franchise single season consecutive loss record. All this has been on an easy schedule so far. Jennings is complaining about practice, VanGundy is insulting the team. Just when I thought there was no way to go but up and that they finally got a good coaching hire the Pistons overwhelm with disappointment again. You still have 61 games Pistons, prove me wrong!

Well if it pleases you we can amend that list to the 76ers, Lakers and Pistons.

Any order is okay with me:lol:

logic

Hoopla Cash
$ 69,974.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I think he is. His defense is a little suspect, but with better coaching and a system he could be serviceable at that end. He's good on the offensive end in an old fashioned, back to the basket way and he passes well out of the post. He sometimes has issues seeing big man help coming from the opposite side, but who doesn't with their back to the basket. He reminds me (not saying he is in the same league) of Duncan in the way it looks like he is moving slowly, but he's not, and you can see what move he is making, yet can't stop it.

If there was a chance to sign him this summer I would do it, especially since the cost of signing big men will go up a lot with the next CBA.

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Depends on the Team.

The market will be saturated with quality bigs this summer.

Big Al, Broken Lopez, Deandre Jordan, Marc Gasol and Soft-Helmet Hibbert just to name a few.

I'd roll the dice on him if I'm young and up and coming.

If I'm a piece away?

Marc Gasol or Big Al.

lakersrule

ANUSTART
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't see Gasol going anywhere. Jordan either. Lopez is too dicey. Hibbert is too costly given the production. Big Al is attainable. Monroe is younger and improving though. I think the Lakers should give him a look. A Randle/Monroe frontline could be interesting, offensively anyway. However, it could be a disaster on the other end of the floor.

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't see Gasol going anywhere. Jordan either. Lopez is too dicey. Hibbert is too costly given the production. Big Al is attainable. Monroe is younger and improving though. I think the Lakers should give him a look. A Randle/Monroe frontline could be interesting, offensively anyway. However, it could be a disaster on the other end of the floor.

The Lakers have set this team for tanking and getting that first round draft pick in the top five. It's part of their three year plan to rebuild the team. Next season with Julius Randle healthy and stronger, and hopefully a nice strong and healthy seven foot forward or center in the middle to clog up the lane on defense and set up easy shots on the offensive side, the Lakers can start improving with Jordan as a forward, and perhaps keep Boozer and Line as part of your line up. Then you have Swaggy and need really one elite player to become relevant.