• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2021 NBA Draft Lottery Predictions

The Q

Hoop’s Villain, Reality’s Hero
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Imagine if the dubs just listened to me and took ball.

they wouldn’t have 14 this year, and might not have 20.

but they’d have a minny pick early in round 2 and could easily buy another second to get back into round 1 if they wanted.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL.

That is absolutely ridiculous.

Wiseman + 7 + 14 is enough in terms of assets to land just about star on the block.

The problem for the Dubs is that the most available stars (Beal, Lillard) don’t fit what they need.
well of course if they valuable assets to him he might be traded

if they offered Steph Curry and Wiseman - i am pretty susre Wiseman gets traded. LOL.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
well of course if they valuable assets to him he might be traded

if they offered Steph Curry and Wiseman - i am pretty susre Wiseman gets traded. LOL.

You are talking like Wiseman doesn’t have any value.

He has very similar value to the #7 pick. AND his $10 million salary actually helps the Warriors in their way toward matching.

If I am the Wizards GM and I can get those 2 picks + Wiseman and some salary filler for Beal?

I do it without hesitation.

Next up I move Russ, tank for a year, hope to hit the lotto in 2022 and have a nice start to a rebuild.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You are talking like Wiseman doesn’t have any value.

He has very similar value to the #7 pick. AND his $10 million salary actually helps the Warriors in their way toward matching.

If I am the Wizards GM and I can get those 2 picks + Wiseman and some salary filler for Beal?

I do it without hesitation.

Next up I move Russ, tank for a year, hope to hit the lotto in 2022 and have a nice start to a rebuild.
Which one would you want most for a Beal trade? (not that all of these are on the table and RW is next)

GS - Wiseman, Wiggins, #7 and/or #14
PHI - Simmons and a 1st
MIN - Edwards, Rubio, future pick, filler
DEN - MPJ, Millsap sign-and-trade, picks
MEM - Clarke, Brooks, Grayson Allen, Melton and Bane and 3 1st's

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Which one would you want most for a Beal trade? (not that all of these are on the table and RW is next)

GS - Wiseman, Wiggins, #7 and/or #14
PHI - Simmons and a 1st
MIN - Edwards, Rubio, future pick, filler
DEN - MPJ, Millsap sign-and-trade, picks
MEM - Clarke, Brooks, Grayson Allen, Melton and Bane and 3 1st's

GS first
Minny 2nd
Philly 3rd - would jump to 2nd if Maxey were included

The others aren’t getting there

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is why:

JamesWiseman​

Golden State Warriors

James Wiseman is having more problems than expected to adapt to the NBA. The big man landed in a struggling team that is trying to find their touch in the league this season but things haven't gone in their favor. That has affected everybody on the roster and the rookie isn't the exception.

The former Memphis Tiger is receiving more criticism every day and recently, two analysts heavily criticized him for his downgrade. He started the season having good performances, showing flashes of his potential but things have changed for Wiseman in recent months. He was sent to the bench, his struggles are more visible now and he doesn't seem to find the solution to that problem.

Zach Lowe and Nick Friedell of ESPN recently discussed the Wiseman situation and both analysts agreed that the player looks lost, worse than he was at the beginning of the campaign. On the latest edition of the 'Lowe Post' Podcast, Friedell went off on the 20-year-old, (via Redditor "JoeBiden2020FTW").

Friedell: "Wiseman is worse right now than he was to start the year."
Lowe: "It's unquestionable. He's lost".
Friedell: "They thought he would hit the ground running. That hasn't happened. He hasn't been good at all... the early returns simply aren't good".

At this point, I don’t have to tell you that James Wiseman did not live up to the somewhat lofty expectations he had entering his rookie season for the Golden State Warriors. Yeah… he didn’t exactly run away with the Rookie of the Year Award like some people thought he would.

With the benefit of hindsight, it is not too surprising to see that Wiseman struggled as a rookie. He only played three games in college, after all. Plus, the limited offseason and lack of Summer League or a full training camp could not have helped him much. I mean, Wiseman had roughly a month between finding out he was on the Warriors and suiting up in his first NBA game

Wiseman has been ruled out for the remainder of the season with a torn meniscus. While an injury such as this might have been a huge cause for concern in the past, modern medicine lends us to believe Wiseman will be just fine by the start of next season. However, he must overcome this one damming statistic.

I’m not going to give you some ridiculous, convoluted advanced stat that shows you how bad Wiseman was as a rookie. No, let’s keep this simple. You really don’t need to look any further than Wiseman’s minutes per game compared to the rest of his class to see how much he was struggling to transition to the NBA.

Wiseman played just 21.4 minutes per game in his rookie season. Not bad, until you consider 18 players from his class were able to rack up more minutes each night than the No. 2 overall pick. What’s more, Wiseman played the fewest rookie minutes of any top-three NBA Draft pick since Markelle Fultz, who played just three fewer minutes at 18.1 per game in 2017.

The sheer fact that Wiseman was not even able to remain on the floor when his role as simple as rebounding the ball and setting screens for his teammates is a tough pill to swallow. In all honesty, it doesn’t get much easier for an NBA player to be tall and work around the rim. Wiseman ranked in the bottom half of the league as a pick-and-roll man and placed in the bottom 10 percent of post-up players this season.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
massively under performing, and then getting hurt and having knee surgery is not a great way to start a career.

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
massively under performing, and then getting hurt and having knee surgery is not a great way to start a career.
Like I said above, he's already 20 years old so he's pretty much washed at this point.

Last edited:

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
GS first
Minny 2nd

No way GS trades all that for Beal

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
gotta figure Wiggins 7 and 14 are all in.

is that enough?

it just might be
Wiggins no, Wiseman yes. Spare us another post where you say Wiggins sucks. We know your take.

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wiggins no, Wiseman yes. Spare us another post where you say Wiggins sucks. We know your take.

you mean the reality.

and there’s this thing called the salary cap.

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
you mean the reality.

and there’s this thing called the salary cap.
And yet. Wiggins is better than you think on the Ws and he's unlikely to be traded.

thunderc

Hoopla Cash
$ 142,300.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just a shame the lottery fell the way it did for the Thunder. They had a 25 percent chance of getting 2 of the top 5 and a 25 percent chance of just getting the 6. Unfortunately it fell to the latter. That’s the way the ping pong balls bounce. Just imagine 2 ot the top 5 in this draft though to go with SGA.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just a shame the lottery fell the way it did for the Thunder. They had a 25 percent chance of getting 2 of the top 5 and a 25 percent chance of just getting the 6. Unfortunately it fell to the latter. That’s the way the ping pong balls bounce. Just imagine 2 ot the top 5 in this draft though to go with SGA.
2 out of the top 5 in this draft is a goldmine

logic

Hoopla Cash
$ 69,974.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
GS first
Minny 2nd

I would do the top two, but not the third. You're basically trading Beal for Simmons as Philly is good enough that 1st rounder will be late and just as likely to be an NBA miss as a rotation player at best.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We have very different definitions of "MUCH". I'd love to see what "slightly better" looks like.

But Wiseman and Mobley are more similar than they are dissimilar. If you watch the highlights for both of them, they're like carbon copies. However, Mobley is the better prospect because of two things for me: 1) Quickness and 2) Perimeter defensive. Those are two key components of being a good defender as a big in today's NBA. Wiseman is fast end to end, but I don't think he's necessarily quick. Mobley's defensive IQ is better than Wiseman's.

If Wiseman were in this draft I think he easily goes 5-7 range. Mobley is top 3, 4 at worst. So I don't think there's a huge difference.
as I said,

BIG DIFFERENCE between Wiseman and Mobley.

HUUUUUUUUGE difference. Not in the same ballpark.

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

They deserved it