• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2021 NBA Draft Lottery Predictions

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
well shit...im starting to come around on Mobley to a certain extent.

Have heard a lot of good things about his work ethic this week.

I sitll wont be thrilled- but hes without a doubt a top 3 talent in this draft. If you dont take him at 3 if Green and Cunningham are gone you are making a mistake.
The issue is at the top of this draft there are a ton of guards, not exactly what the Cavs need. Also, Green and Cunningham seem to be locked in at 1 and barring a crazy trade up. In fact, if they trade Sexton Okoro probably moves to the 2 possibly. Mobley is compared to Chris Bosh or a lite AD. Remember, AD did not have anything close to a jumper at UK. Mobley is very athletic and I think if JT were to come back to CLE, that is a pretty good 4-5 combo. Now they just have to figure out how to get Love off the books and they need to acquire a wing. All their wings are bench pieces. It's too bad KPJ didn't workout.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The issue is at the top of this draft there are a ton of guards, not exactly what the Cavs need. Also, Green and Cunningham seem to be locked in at 1 and barring a crazy trade up. In fact, if they trade Sexton Okoro probably moves to the 2 possibly. Mobley is compared to Chris Bosh or a lite AD. Remember, AD did not have anything close to a jumper at UK. Mobley is very athletic and I think if JT were to come back to CLE, that is a pretty good 4-5 combo. Now they just have to figure out how to get Love off the books and they need to acquire a wing. All their wings are bench pieces. It's too bad KPJ didn't workout.
and Mobley is a MUCH better prospect than Wiseman was. I think Wiseman scared me a little- but its really not particularly close.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
assuming you mean Cade/Green locked into 1 AND 2? Not sure that's the case with Green. No one can really know and doubtful Houston has shared their opinion with reporters.....other than smoke screen purposes.

I'll admit I have not seen enough live play of these guys to form an actual opinion (as I'm guessing is the case for most). Hoping there is a clear guy they like and they take him. Don't care who it is at this point, but they need to nail it. No doubt sucks our guy likely wont be the guy who fits the best as a wing.

Not sure why they need to get Love off the books so fast. No games for 2-3 months. What's the harm in first seeing how he fits in with any new additions before essentially giving him away?

Have to say I wont be shocked if they pick someone not expected to go top 3....wont like it at the time it's done, but could work out. I'd bet at least one guy not in top 4 plays better than 1-2 in the current top 4.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
assuming you mean Cade/Green locked into 1 AND 2? Not sure that's the case with Green. No one can really know and doubtful Houston has shared their opinion with reporters.....other than smoke screen purposes.

I'll admit I have not seen enough live play of these guys to form an actual opinion (as I'm guessing is the case for most). Hoping there is a clear guy they like and they take him. Don't care who it is at this point, but they need to nail it. No doubt sucks our guy likely wont be the guy who fits the best as a wing.

Not sure why they need to get Love off the books so fast. No games for 2-3 months. What's the harm in first seeing how he fits in with any new additions before essentially giving him away?

Have to say I wont be shocked if they pick someone not expected to go top 3....wont like it at the time it's done, but could work out. I'd bet at least one guy not in top 4 plays better than 1-2 in the current top 4.
The only reason I say Green could also be a lock is bc he didn’t workout for anyone but DET and HOU but there is no point. I do think he goes 2 but far from a lock but regardless, I don’t necessarily think he is a better pick than Mobley for the Cavs.

Well if they do take Mobley and do get Allen back…I don’t want either of those guys sitting. A plus, Love can work with them and mentor him but Love isn’t bringing much to the table other than that. I have a feeling won’t be gone till next year (last yr of contract) or just finish out his contract in CLE. If they can trade him at least they can get some pieces this year that can actual contribute on the court in real time.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The only reason I say Green could also be a lock is bc he didn’t workout for anyone but DET and HOU but there is no point. I do think he goes 2 but far from a lock but regardless, I don’t necessarily think he is a better pick than Mobley for the Cavs.

Well if they do take Mobley and do get Allen back…I don’t want either of those guys sitting. A plus, Love can work with them and mentor him but Love isn’t bringing much to the table other than that. I have a feeling won’t be gone till next year (last yr of contract) or just finish out his contract in CLE. If they can trade him at least they can get some pieces this year that can actual contribute on the court in real time.
I'm kind of hoping they take Green or suggs but only because they feel one is clearly the best option. I've definitely come around to Mobley though.

agree about Love. Because he wont bring much back might as well keep him around.......at least to see how he plays with the new guys.

CitySushi

Andrew Wiggin's burner account
Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
and Mobley is a MUCH better prospect than Wiseman was. I think Wiseman scared me a little- but its really not particularly close.

We have very different definitions of "MUCH". I'd love to see what "slightly better" looks like.

Kidding on the above, for obvious reasons.

But Wiseman and Mobley are more similar than they are dissimilar. If you watch the highlights for both of them, they're like carbon copies. However, Mobley is the better prospect because of two things for me: 1) Quickness and 2) Perimeter defensive. Those are two key components of being a good defender as a big in today's NBA. Wiseman is fast end to end, but I don't think he's necessarily quick. Mobley's defensive IQ is better than Wiseman's.

If Wiseman were in this draft I think he easily goes 5-7 range. Mobley is top 3, 4 at worst. So I don't think there's a huge difference.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We have very different definitions of "MUCH". I'd love to see what "slightly better" looks like.

But Wiseman and Mobley are more similar than they are dissimilar. If you watch the highlights for both of them, they're like carbon copies. However, Mobley is the better prospect because of two things for me: 1) Quickness and 2) Perimeter defensive. Those are two key components of being a good defender as a big in today's NBA. Wiseman is fast end to end, but I don't think he's necessarily quick. Mobley's defensive IQ is better than Wiseman's.

If Wiseman were in this draft I think he easily goes 5-7 range. Mobley is top 3, 4 at worst. So I don't think there's a huge difference.
Mobley also seems to have a much better basketball IQ and head on his shoulders.

no way would wiseman go above Kuminga or Barnes.

after that- who knows- beauty is in the eye of the beholder and a lot of guys are in that next tier.

he is a lot closer to Kai Jones as a prospect than Mobley.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Might be true but IF reports are true many are saying a huge dropoff after 3-4 in this draft. Of course, we don't know it will play out like that.

CitySushi

Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mobley also seems to have a much better basketball IQ and head on his shoulders.

no way would wiseman go above Kuminga or Barnes.

after that- who knows- beauty is in the eye of the beholder and a lot of guys are in that next tier.

he is a lot closer to Kai Jones as a prospect than Mobley.

I dunno. For a guy who values basketball IQ Kuminga could be questionable on that one too. It's why he's not a lock top 4 pick and people seem to be thinking he could fall. Wiseman is a full tier above Kai Jones.

Obvious you dislike Wiseman and love your possible pick Mobley. I'm on the Wiseman train and think him and Mobley are closer to even than not. Not going to see eye to eye on this one, but time will tell.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I dunno. For a guy who values basketball IQ Kuminga could be questionable on that one too. It's why he's not a lock top 4 pick and people seem to be thinking he could fall. Wiseman is a full tier above Kai Jones.

Obvious you dislike Wiseman and love your possible pick Mobley. I'm on the Wiseman train and think him and Mobley are closer to even than not. Not going to see eye to eye on this one, but time will tell.
it certainly will.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Might be true but IF reports are true many are saying a huge dropoff after 3-4 in this draft. Of course, we don't know it will play out like that.

Yeah, hard to guarantee evaluations for 1 and done players in a pandemic season. Who knows how all of this shakes out, lol? Still a lot of fun, especially when my team has a pick (for now), even if in the 20s...

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

It's not even that, he's just shitting on the Warriors again.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, hard to guarantee evaluations for 1 and done players in a pandemic season. Who knows how all of this shakes out, lol? Still a lot of fun, especially when my team has a pick (for now), even if in the 20s...
No doubt this got real fun for Cavs' fans when the lottery finally went our way again. A number of things we could do.

still cannot help but think this is no different than the NFL draft and the so-called "experts". If they really wanted to, ESPN could make fans believe Kuminga needs to go top 3 and Mobley is the best player...better than Cade.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's not even that, he's just shitting on the Warriors again.
I mean, it could be both. He might be shitting on GS AND correct. Isn't to say these execs will be right, but not sure they are trying to "shit on GS"....

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
not sure if they'll be right...but added an article with quotes from NBA Execs.
With hindsight Ball would have been a better pick. I think they felt they could be a playoff team with Wiseman contributing and Oubre and all that.

I do hope they trade Wiseman and picks to try to win now.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

and basketball IQ is not Kuminga's problem- its his shooting. Nerleans Wiseman- basketball IQ seem to be a real issue.

CitySushi

Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
and basketball IQ is not Kuminga's problem- its his shooting. Nerleans Wiseman- basketball IQ seem to be a real issue.

What is your definition of basketball IQ?

I've seen many scouts say he has defensive lapses, poor shot selection, poor offensive efficiency, high turnover rate. Those to me are components of basketball IQ.

Lastly, you've never seemed to mention specifically why Wiseman's basketball IQ is so low. Feel free to elaborate.