• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2021 NBA Draft Lottery Predictions

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I mean- how long did it take for the Bucks, or even the Warriors to develop their teams before they got pretty good? What was Curry? in his age 25 or 26 season before making the playoffs?

The only team that I can remember really getting good very quickly was the Thunder with Durant and RW still very very young. Young teams really dont win that often in the NBA. ITs pretty rare.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I dont know if they make the playoffs next year even if they hit on 3.

The guy they are drafting is still going to be what? 19 years old? Sexton is 22, Garland is 21, Okoro is 20.

How long did it take Booker and Ayton- not to mention other lotto picks the Suns drafted like Bridges and Johnson- with some fails like Jackson, Bender. Booker was drafted in 2015. Ayton in 2018.

I would expect them to be better- and competitive for a playoff spot---- but the following year is when I would hope there would be some fairly substantial growth---- even then- no one in the "core" would even be 24 years old and in their prime (or really even that close).
all good points. Only reason I think they could compete for playoffs next year is I think they might have this year (at least play in) had they been healthy. Sexton, Garland, Okoro should all be able to improve at least a little (if all stay). An offseason with Allen if he signs and he is still so young he can get better. IF #3 can help they might take that step. Agree he wont help like he might 3-4 years from now.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I dont know if they make the playoffs next year even if they hit on 3.

The guy they are drafting is still going to be what? 19 years old? Sexton is 22, Garland is 21, Okoro is 20.

How long did it take Booker and Ayton- not to mention other lotto picks the Suns drafted like Bridges and Johnson- with some fails like Jackson, Bender. Booker was drafted in 2015. Ayton in 2018.

I would expect them to be better- and competitive for a playoff spot---- but the following year is when I would hope there would be some fairly substantial growth---- even then- no one in the "core" would even be 24 years old and in their prime (or really even that close).

Suns would still be on the outside looking in if not for the CP3 trade. Likely in the playoffs, but certainly not the #2 seed.

logic

Hoopla Cash
$ 69,974.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It is good to see a team like the Suns in the Finals.

The core of their rebuild was drafting Booker and Ayton. They continued to draft high and took guys like Bridges and Cam Johnson- and then whenit was time they made their trade for CP3. This is the model the Cavs should follow, and intend to follow, if you ask me.

Pretty much the same with the Bucks- drafted Giannis and Middleton- and then traded for Holliday- added pieces around those guys when it was time to compete.

I think the Cavs - after this draft- will be done or close to done in the true "rebuild". Like the Suns- where it took Booker and Ayton time to develop- the Cavs will need 1-3 years to develop their guys (probably 2 years)- but then you can take the next step.
Just a small correction: the Pistons drafted Middleton and he was part of a trade to the Bucks. So the only real piece they drafted was their superstar and everything else to support was trades at this point.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am really liking what I am reading about Jonathan Kuminga.

His ceiling is incredible. And he is a pure NBA wing with size and athleticism.

honestly- by far the best fit for the Cavs------ Id take him over Mobley. Maybe over Suggs.

I would be totally fine trading down to Orlando and taking Kuminga if they could get #10 from Orlando.

That to me is the best case scenario--- Kuminga at #5- and get another guy at #10.

After that Green at 3

AFter that Suggs at 3

After that- trade down for Scottie Barnees

AFTER THAT- Mobley.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Suns would still be on the outside looking in if not for the CP3 trade. Likely in the playoffs, but certainly not the #2 seed.
for sure

but thats just kind of what you are supposed to do as I said--- build up your core- and then when you are going for it--- trade for a veteran who might have his stock down a little or might have some contract $ issues.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
for sure

but thats just kind of what you are supposed to do as I said--- build up your core- and then when you are going for it--- trade for a veteran who might have his stock down a little or might have some contract $ issues.

Sure, but CP3 is on the superstar end of that "wiley veteran" type. $40M per is no joke to try to get into your cap.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am really liking what I am reading about Jonathan Kuminga.

His ceiling is incredible. And he is a pure NBA wing with size and athleticism.

honestly- by far the best fit for the Cavs------ Id take him over Mobley. Maybe over Suggs.

I would be totally fine trading down to Orlando and taking Kuminga if they could get #10 from Orlando.

That to me is the best case scenario--- Kuminga at #5- and get another guy at #10.

After that Green at 3

AFter that Suggs at 3

After that- trade down for Scottie Barnees

AFTER THAT- Mobley.
I heard he was bad in the workout he had with the Cavs and one source was Fedor. Not that I care about workouts bc it really doesn't mean much but it does make you think a bit. Just what I heard from some sources.

The Q

Hoop’s Villain, Reality’s Hero
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I heard he was bad in the workout he had with the Cavs and one source was Fedor. Not that I care about workouts bc it really doesn't mean much but it does make you think a bit. Just what I heard from some sources.
Sounds like he’s sliding to the 7-10 range now

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

??

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

6-foot-8 forward with a unique blend of size, length, athleticism and skill, Kuminga showed off an improved jumper -- one of the major questions surrounding his draft stock after shooting 38.7% from the field and 24.6% from 3-point range in 13 games with the G League Ignite this past season. Kuminga’s season ended early because of a right knee injury.

“He showed up and shot it well,” said a scout who watched Kuminga’s workout. “He really helped himself today. He won’t fall past No. 5.”

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is why it's so hard to believe these guys and they can just make it up. If someone says he was awful and another said he shined, someone lied (or was given the wrong info).

Have to assume the media is not invited to the workouts, are they? I think moist should understand the FO does not just give away draft intel...unless a smokescreen.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I heard that on a Cavs podcast, I forget who was on there…I guess I should take it with a grain of salt lol
always take all rumors of the draft and trades with grain of salt. Teams just don't give away draft intel to reporters.

thunderc

Hoopla Cash
$ 142,300.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
always take all rumors of the draft and trades with grain of salt. Teams just don't give away draft intel to reporters.
Exactly, misinformation is a big part of it. For instance it’s being reported here that neither the thunder or magic are interested in Kuminga. No way to know if that is really true.

CitySushi

Andrew Wiggin's burner account
Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Give me James Bouknight at #7 and BPA at 14.

Steph had an incredible season last year, but with him one year older and Klay coming back from injury they need another scoring punch. I think Wiggins and Poole will continue to produce well, but having one more guy to rely on to get buckets is incredibly useful to an older squad. Bouknight looks like he can get buckets. He's explosive and I think his shooting will translate better in the NBA with better spacing. He just needs to hone in his shot selection and work on his tunnel vision a bit, but if Wiggins could do that with the Warriors, I think it's possible for Bouknight as well.

14, just don't know who will be available. Maybe Jalen Johnson slips. Or Davion Mitchell. Josh Giddey, Franz Wagner or maybe Corey Kispert. All are players that could potentially find a role with the Warriors in some capacity. But I want them to draft the BPA regardless as a trade asset.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Steph had an incredible season last year, but with him one year older and Klay coming back from injury they need another scoring punch. I think Wiggins and Poole will continue to produce well, but having one more guy to rely on to get buckets is incredibly useful to an older squad. Bouknight looks like he can get buckets. He's explosive and I think his shooting will translate better in the NBA with better spacing. He just needs to hone in his shot selection and work on his tunnel vision a bit, but if Wiggins could do that with the Warriors, I think it's possible for Bouknight as well.

14, just don't know who will be available. Maybe Jalen Johnson slips. Or Davion Mitchell. Josh Giddey, Franz Wagner or maybe Corey Kispert. All are players that could potentially find a role with the Warriors in some capacity. But I want them to draft the BPA regardless as a trade asset.
I just saw something of #14 for Sexton.

I dont really like it but- who knows.

CitySushi

Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just saw something of #14 for Sexton.

I dont really like it but- who knows.

Same, TBH. Really depends on who the Warriors take at #7, but I just don't love the fit. Add to that Sexton would be a RFA the following year and it might end up being a 1 year rental. It's interesting given his scoring ability, but Warriors are always looking for versatility and defensive ability and Sexton (at least in my limited times watching him) doesn't seem to possess that. But you would know better than me on his game.

CitySushi

Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey @HurricaneDij39 , how about:

Domantas Sabonis
TJ Warren

for

Andrew Wiggins
James Wiseman
2022 1st Round Pick Unprotected

thunderc

Hoopla Cash
$ 142,300.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Bouknight is rumored to be who the Thunder would take at 6 if they don’t move up.