• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2021 NBA Draft Lottery Predictions

CitySushi

Andrew Wiggin's burner account
Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bouknight is rumored to be who the Thunder would take at 6 if they don’t move up.
Shaq No GIF

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Exactly, misinformation is a big part of it. For instance it’s being reported here that neither the thunder or magic are interested in Kuminga. No way to know if that is really true.
Right...I mean they are gonna make it public so the other knows their plans?

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Same, TBH. Really depends on who the Warriors take at #7, but I just don't love the fit. Add to that Sexton would be a RFA the following year and it might end up being a 1 year rental. It's interesting given his scoring ability, but Warriors are always looking for versatility and defensive ability and Sexton (at least in my limited times watching him) doesn't seem to possess that. But you would know better than me on his game.
Not a good defender but if best you gave up for him was 14 I'd wonder what Cavs were thinking.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey @HurricaneDij39 , how about:

Domantas Sabonis
TJ Warren

for

Andrew Wiggins
James Wiseman
2022 1st Round Pick Unprotected

You are overpaying there.

And the Warriors would have a pretty bad defense I think.

Offense would be elite though.

CitySushi

Andrew Wiggin's burner account
Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You are overpaying there.

And the Warriors would have a pretty bad defense I think.

Offense would be elite though.

Overpaying? Wow my valuations must be broken. Granted I haven't watched a ton of basketball in the last year outside of the Warriors, but I thought it would be more than solid in order to try to get the Warriors back contending.

The defense would absolutely suffer, mostly with the loss of Wiggins. Our center spot last year was pretty bad even with Wiseman in there in terms of defense, so not sure they'd lose that much.

Offense though, would be crazy.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That doesn't make any sense for Cleveland IMO. Are they going to continually kick the can down the road without trying to win at some point? No thanks.
the thing is- they are not sure if they want to pay Sexton either max or close to max money.

the questions are:

1. Who do they like better: Garland or Sexton? I believe they like Garland better in many ways.

2. Can Garland and Sexton co-exist in the same back court? AND- even if they CAN co-exist in the same back court- would they rather draft Green or Suggs to match with Garland?

3. Sexton works his ass off- plays hard all the time- doesnt get hurt- and he wants a max worth about 28M a year. Is he worth it?

considering he is signed for this year and restricted next year- if they dont answer positively to those questions above- they could do worse than a late lotto pick in a very good draft to kind of reset the salary clock.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the thing is- they are not sure if they want to pay Sexton either max or close to max money.

the questions are:

1. Who do they like better: Garland or Sexton? I believe they like Garland better in many ways.

2. Can Garland and Sexton co-exist in the same back court? AND- even if they CAN co-exist in the same back court- would they rather draft Green or Suggs to match with Garland?

3. Sexton works his ass off- plays hard all the time- doesnt get hurt- and he wants a max worth about 28M a year. Is he worth it?

considering he is signed for this year and restricted next year- if they dont answer positively to those questions above- they could do worse than a late lotto pick in a very good draft to kind of reset the salary clock.

I am all for trading Sexton, but not to kick the can down the road with another draft pick. They need to get a current player in return that helps now IMO. Resetting the salary clock also delays the timeline for everyone else on the roster and any potential to contend. At some point, more kids weakens your roster and you need vets instead.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

the questions are:

I think I asked this but don't recall an answer......why do fans and even media seem so concerned about the Cavs' salary structure in regards to Sexton (or Allen, as well)?

would it really make that much difference as far as what else we could do if they paid him, say, $20-22 mil as opposed to $28 mil? Either way if they pay Allen they will be over the cap...especially if they later add Garland. The reason to clear cap space (or worry about cap space) is if you need it to acquire a stud player like Sexton. No, he is not elite, but if they had room is someone better than Sexton coming here?

If anything, no matter what one thinks of Gilbert, the guy has an obscene will to win and would bet he will spend whatever it takes to prove he can win without Lebron (whether he can or not remains to be seen).

IMO you need to do much better than late lotto pick if you want to move him.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am all for trading Sexton, but not to kick the can down the road with another draft pick. They need to get a current player in return that helps now IMO. Resetting the salary clock also delays the timeline for everyone else on the roster and any potential to contend. At some point, more kids weakens your roster and you need vets instead.
Not really even sure how resetting salary clock helps as still over the cap if they sign Allen and even with cap room is someone coming here who is better than Sexton?

ChrisperJ10

Above Average Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That doesn't make any sense for Cleveland IMO. Are they going to continually kick the can down the road without trying to win at some point? No thanks.
Maybe it’s less a Sexton thing and more a Garland one. Could be like a Curry/Ellis situation where they can’t be the best version of themselves without splitting. CLE may be trying to get something now versus him walking.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Overpaying? Wow my valuations must be broken. Granted I haven't watched a ton of basketball in the last year outside of the Warriors, but I thought it would be more than solid in order to try to get the Warriors back contending.

The defense would absolutely suffer, mostly with the loss of Wiggins. Our center spot last year was pretty bad even with Wiseman in there in terms of defense, so not sure they'd lose that much.

Offense though, would be crazy.

That is a superstar trade package and you aren’t returning a superstar.

Warren is good, but Wiggins fits what GS needs better. And Sabonis is really good, but getting an offensive minded skilled center while downgrading at 3 (not in value but in fit) is not nearly enough to give up all those assets, IMO.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe it’s less a Sexton thing and more a Garland one. Could be like a Curry/Ellis situation where they can’t be the best version of themselves without splitting. CLE may be trying to get something now versus him walking.
I'm sure they might be trying to get a better option for him but he cannot really walk unless the cavs want him to as he'll be an RFA.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Again, I'm fine with the Cavs moving Sexton. I just don't think moving him for a lower lottery pick this year makes much sense.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
well shit...im starting to come around on Mobley to a certain extent.

Have heard a lot of good things about his work ethic this week.

I sitll wont be thrilled- but hes without a doubt a top 3 talent in this draft. If you dont take him at 3 if Green and Cunningham are gone you are making a mistake.

The Q

Hoop’s Villain, Reality’s Hero
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I sitll wont be thrilled- but hes without a doubt a top 3 talent in this draft. If you dont take him at 3 if Green and Cunningham are gone you are making a mistake.

I could make a a case for Suggs.

but they are clearly the top 4 imo

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

As mentioned, we are only going by what we hear as few of us have a clue. If ESPN wanted to, they could make fans think Mobley should go #1.