• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Biggest disappointment outside of Cleveland?

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm going with the Charlotte Hornets and Detroit Pistons.

Everyone had Charlotte competiting for a top 5/6 seed out east and they're already 4-10 and this could easily be 4-15 or 5-14 when you consider their next 5 games which is VS LAC, VS POR, VS GSW, @ ATL, & VS CHI

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Everyone had Charlotte competiting for a top 5/6 seed out east and they're already 4-10 and this could easily be 4-15 or 5-14 when you consider their next 5 games which is VS LAC, VS POR, VS GSW, @ ATL, & VS CHI

I'm not disappointed at all with how Cleveland is doing. I am quite happy to see Lebron and his team doing poorly:pound:

Sorry, but I just think the guy was stupid for leaving Miami business wise or basket ball wise. He would have had one hell of a legacy with a general manager that would have done anything to keep him winning and instead he went back to Cleveland and a owner with a history of losing and whining and blaming everyone else.

Moral of the story - stupidity deserves to be rewarded:pound:

PPhan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Honestly, Cleveland is not that talented anyways. I never bought into them winning it all this year simply because of the additions of LeBron and Love.

Let's not forget Miami was 12 games over .500 the season before LeBron and Bosh joined, while the Cavs on the other hand were actually 16 games under .500.

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Honestly, Cleveland is not that talented anyways. I never bought into them winning it all this year simply because of the additions of LeBron and Love.

Let's not forget Miami was 12 games over .500 the season before LeBron and Bosh joined, while the Cavs on the other hand were actually 16 games under .500.

I actually believe that Miami may still have the best shot

1. Chicago just doesn't have it without a healthy Derek Rose and that is never going to happen

2. Indiana is one or two guys short of being good enough to beat the Spurs

3. I am picking Miami to come out of the East

Arizona_Sting

GoldMember
Hoopla Cash
$ 811.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

1. Chicago just doesn't have it without a healthy Derek Rose and that is never going to happen

That's pretty bold. They haven't looked all that great so far this year. I think Toronto, Washington, Chicago and Cleveland could all beat them in a 7 game series.

And #2? Wtf. Indiana? This year? Are you retarded? They probably won't even make the playoffs.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Taking tlf post seriously is never a smart idea. This is a man who admitted last year or the year before that he doesn't watch any other team in the nba and only watch the Lakers when they're doing well

Arizona_Sting

GoldMember
Hoopla Cash
$ 811.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And I agree with OP. Charlotte has been an epic disappointment so far, but I'm not surprised by the Pistons. They didn't make any significant changes... same garbage guards and their bigs don't mesh well together. They got talent but zero unity.

mr.hockey4242

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You guys watch about 500 more games a year than I do but I really can't understand why the shit you would have good expectations for the Hornets or the Pistons.

Not only do they lack "stars". They basically lack players I'd consider good.

Arizona_Sting

GoldMember
Hoopla Cash
$ 811.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You guys watch about 500 more games a year than I do but I really can't understand why the shit you would have good expectations for the Hornets or the Pistons.

Not only do they lack "stars". They basically lack players I'd consider good.

Al Jefferson is a 20-10 machine and an all-star. Kemba had a nice year last season and Lance is talented even though he's an idiot from time to time.

Big Al is one of the most underrated players in the game, but they just lack a good supporting cast and role players. Lance has played like shit along with Kemba shooting under 40 percent as well so that doesn't help.

They did make the playoffs last year without Lance... so the expectations went up a little.

mr.hockey4242

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Completely forgot about Big Al lol. Yeah he's a good player but not the type that can really carry a team to big win streak. Kemba is meh and I think Lance is a pile of shit as a player and person.

Kidd Gilchrist really needs to make some sort of jump in his development.

PPhan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I will hold my judgment for the Heat when I see how the team looks when Wade comes back. The offense seems a whole lot better with Wade in the lineup though.

That being said, I believe a completely healthy Chicago team is the best team in the East.

logic

Hoopla Cash
$ 69,974.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

My runners up are:
LAC, many expected them to be at the top of the conference and for some reason they just can't get it all together. They need to do better against top teams if they are going to be taken seriously.
CHA, they have taken a step back so far this season. Maybe they should have stuck with the Bobcats.
DEN, maybe turned a corner with a 4 game winning streak, but that still only puts them at 6-7. Expected them to be competing for a playoff spot. They will if they can keep it up, but disappointing so far overall.

But no one is more disappointing that the Detroit Pistons. They have talent up front, Caldwell-Pope was shooting well over the summer, signed shooters in Meeks and Butler, and got a new, quality coach to reign in Smith and Jennings. Nothing has come together. Drummond, instead of looking like the surprise player he did the first two years, is looking like people worried he would be coming out of college. Still no good rotation with Monroe, Smith, and Drummond. Jennings and Smith still are brain dead, jacking up offense killing shots. And are they even bothering coming to the backcourt to play defense? A huge disappointment so far for a team I was sure could be in the playoffs this season.

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's Charlotte so far. I never bought into them being a Top 5 in the East. They barely made the playoffs last year but that was because SOMEBODY had to make it in the dreadful East. But even with the East getting a tad better, I figured their offseasons moves and growth would be enough to still make them a playoff team. Instead, they've been dreadful. Their offense is horrid and their defense, which was really good last year, has slipped quite a bit. Not a good first month at all for them

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lance isn't a great fit.

No wonder they went so hard after Gordon

HurricaneDij39

The Middle of Everywhere: NWI
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Knicks.

To me, they're a bigger disappointment than the Cavs, because even though they brought back more talent in their offseason trade with Dallas, they sorely miss Chandler's D right now.

Is Philly an option? Because with no expectations, I thought they'd take a nothing-to-lose approach and win a couple of games people didn't expect them to.

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I think they have a player on the dl list, but once they get him, they should make the playoffs. It's pretty hard to miss the playoffs in the Eastern Conference. You just about have to tank it to miss the playoffs. I NEVER SAID THEY WOULD MAKE IT TO THE FINALS., I merely pointed out that the teams that have been considered contenders in the east - that neither Chicago nor Indiana are good enough to win. In fact I still think the Spurs wins everything and unless one of these teams in the East improves substantially from now will get swept clean by the Spurs or possibly Golden State. Miami though doesn't look that much worse than the rest of them though. I'm not impressed with any of them in the East

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1. Hornets- Lance looks like a worst signing than Josh Smith in Detroit

2. Clippers- All style, no substance. They get demolished by any team of substance.

3. Heat- Wade will never be the same, continue to miss games and they can't win consistently without him.

But, none of these teams come close to the Cavs.

So far, they are failing SPECTACULARLY.