• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Badgers with the biggest upset @ #2MD

Great Dayne

I was right even if you believe I was wrong
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So the Badgers who aren't even a tournament team (according to bracketology on ESPN) just won @ #2 MD who has one of the best home winning streaks in the country at 27 in a row and haven't lost to a BIG team since joining at home. Also, not only did the Badgers beat them but they dominated for nearly the entire game as they were up by double digits for majority of the game. This team might be poised for another deep run in the tournament even though it's a bunch of freshmen with a few vets. Very impressed with the new coach to make adjustments and continue the best current winning streak in the Big Ten. We will be fighting for 3rd or 4th place and a chance to win the BIG tournament.

Time for the doubters including myself to pay homage.

Great Dayne

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Biggest upset of the year that is

tducey

Sports discussion
Hoopla Cash
$ 46,233.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Interesting that Wisconsin would not be in the tourney, a yr. after losing in the national title game.

Great Dayne

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Interesting that Wisconsin would not be in the tourney, a yr. after losing in the national title game.

That was the national consensus just a few weeks ago when they were a .500 team and 1-4 in BIG play. Remember, they lost 5 guys last season, 4 were starters and 3 are in the NBA (including a guy that was on the bench for the Badgers). Then, mid season they lost their head coach of a decade and a half. Now they have a chance to actually not only make the tournament but be a solid seed and even win the Big Ten.

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That was the national consensus just a few weeks ago when they were a .500 team and 1-4 in BIG play. Remember, they lost 5 guys last season, 4 were starters and 3 are in the NBA (including a guy that was on the bench for the Badgers). Then, mid season they lost their head coach of a decade and a half. Now they have a chance to actually not only make the tournament but be a solid seed and even win the Big Ten.
Badgers are currently given a 74.5% chance of making the tourney, their B10 title odds are only .2% but their most likely NCAA tournament seed is a 7/8 seed so it's looking good. They're projected to finish 7th in the B10 with a estimated final record of 10 6-7.4 which means a slightly better chance of finishing 11-7 than 10-8. A great turnaround in just a few weeks

RP-29

xⁿ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Badgers desperately needed that win Saturday to get them on the good side of the bubble, but there's still a lot of work to be done.

Two of their next three games are @ Michigan State and @ Iowa. If the Badgers lose both of those games, they're right back on the outside looking in. They very likely NEED to at least split those two and sweep the remaining three unranked opponents (Illinois, Michigan, @ Minnesota) to solidify their spot in the tourney.

H2S

entropica robusta
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Badgers are currently given a 74.5% chance of making the tourney, their B10 title odds are only .2% but their most likely NCAA tournament seed is a 7/8 seed so it's looking good. They're projected to finish 7th in the B10 with a estimated final record of 10 6-7.4 which means a slightly better chance of finishing 11-7 than 10-8. A great turnaround in just a few weeks

think I'll hold my enthusiasm here...
Bucky's got 6 games left - 4 tough matches I think they'll lose and 2 potential upsets...4 roadies (MSU, IOWA, MINN & PUR) and 2 home games (ILL & MICH)...that's nasty stuff ahead.

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So the Badgers who aren't even a tournament team (according to bracketology on ESPN) just won @ #2 MD who has one of the best home winning streaks in the country at 27 in a row and haven't lost to a BIG team since joining at home. Also, not only did the Badgers beat them but they dominated for nearly the entire game as they were up by double digits for majority of the game. This team might be poised for another deep run in the tournament even though it's a bunch of freshmen with a few vets. Very impressed with the new coach to make adjustments and continue the best current winning streak in the Big Ten. We will be fighting for 3rd or 4th place and a chance to win the BIG tournament.

Time for the doubters including myself to pay homage.
#8 ranked Michigan State has a worse conference record than Wisconsin. I never doubted the Badgers would be good but they have exceeded my expectations.

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Badgers desperately needed that win Saturday to get them on the good side of the bubble, but there's still a lot of work to be done.

Two of their next three games are @ Michigan State and @ Iowa. If the Badgers lose both of those games, they're right back on the outside looking in.
I say they win one of those games.

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wusconsin is listed as having a 10% chance of winning at MSU and a 13% chance of winning at Iowa. Going to be tough to win either but if they can finish 3-3 the rest of the way they'll be fine. Biggest game for them is really Michigan in Madison. That's a swing game. Badgers can afford losses at MSU, at Iowa and at Purdue as long as they win the other 3

Great Dayne

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wusconsin is listed as having a 10% chance of winning at MSU and a 13% chance of winning at Iowa. Going to be tough to win either but if they can finish 3-3 the rest of the way they'll be fine. Biggest game for them is really Michigan in Madison. That's a swing game. Badgers can afford losses at MSU, at Iowa and at Purdue as long as they win the other 3

They probably had a 2% chance of winning at Maryland. Those %'s are meaningless. UW is the hottest team in the country right now and can beat anyone. I agree with the other suggestions though.

Great Dayne

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Two of their next three games are @ Michigan State and @ Iowa. If the Badgers lose both of those games, they're right back on the outside looking in. They very likely NEED to at least split those two and sweep the remaining three unranked opponents (Illinois, Michigan, @ Minnesota) to solidify their spot in the tourney.

They're a 9 seed right now. Losing to 2 top ten teams on the road and they will probably drop to maybe the 11 seed. If they win vs (Illinois, Michigan, @ Minnesota) then they're in regardless of what else they do. Win 10 big ten games and you're locked in the tournament.

Great Dayne

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I'll reiterate what I said a couple minutes ago. These %'s are meaningless. I'm sure 3 weeks ago they had a 0% chance of winning the BIG and maybe a 5% chance of making the tournament. LOL, if they keep doing what they're doing they will win the BIG.

Great Dayne

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
#8 ranked Michigan State has a worse conference record than Wisconsin. I never doubted the Badgers would be good but they have exceeded my expectations.

Even when they were playing poorly Indiana at home won by just one point and Maryland won on a hail mary last second three pointer in a game where UW shot just 45% from the line.

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll reiterate what I said a couple minutes ago. These %'s are meaningless. I'm sure 3 weeks ago they had a 0% chance of winning the BIG and maybe a 5% chance of making the tournament. LOL, if they keep doing what they're doing they will win the BIG.
I actually think they have a better shot of making the FF than winning the B10. I can't see any conceivable way they win out even if they play like they have been. Another loss and it's over for them. Still a gre as t second half

Great Dayne

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I actually think they have a better shot of making the FF than winning the B10. I can't see any conceivable way they win out even if they play like they have been. Another loss and it's over for them. Still a gre as t second half

One loss and it would be over. It depends on match ups I suppose in the NCAA tournament. If we get the 8 seed then a FF appearance would be difficult since it will most likely be vs either KS, NC, or Oklahoma. If they continue to shoot the rock at this insane % and play the best defense in the BIG then they will win out unless the refs beat them. Even the refs and the #2 ranked MD team couldn't stop the Badgers from winning by double digits. I'm not saying they will continue to play this way but if they do they look close to as unbeatable as possible. I think the way to beat UW is play overaggressive defense like MD did in the second half which is why they outscored us in that half. I will agree that are remaining schedule is brutal but it has been through this winning streak although we will have to win more on the road. I give most of the credit to Guard. Not only is he running the BO offense to perfection, he's added a twist of a little more freedom, less dribbling out the clock by one player and playing more young talent and bench players instead of just relying heavily on the best 7 players. BARRY SIGN THIS MAN

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maryland can't shoot so they are susceptible to ipsets. Winning at MSU and Iowa will be tough. Even the home win over MSU was pretty fluke and Iowa is a tough matchup for Wisconsin because of the length, the press and the shooters but anything is possible