• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: Rangers Travel to New York For Three Games With the Yankees August 9-11

saddles

Be Patient and Finish Right #TakeBackTX
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
From the Rangers PR:

The probable starting pitchers for this week's series in Boston:

Mon. - RHP Tyler Mahle (0-1, 1.80) vs. RHP Brayan Bello (10-5, 5.16)
Tues. - RHP José Ureña (3-7, 3.74) vs. RHP Kutter Crawford (7-9, 4.11)
Wed. - TBA vs. RHP Tanner Houck (8-8, 3.02)

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Teodo has started today's game for Frisco, so he will not be pitching for the Rangers Wednesday, unless they pull him after an inning or two.

scotsman#1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That is simple. Be more honest.

You can just simply be wrong at times, but this happens with just about every injury.
so how do they correct that? do they only present the worst-case scenario on every injury or not?

i would hate to have had my doctor only present the worst-case odds on my 2 recent surgeries. i had a doctor in Scotland that used the word "cancer" every other word when i had a cyst removed in my scrotum. there was no cancer

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
so how do they correct that? do they only present the worst-case scenario on every injury or not?

i would hate to have had my doctor only present the worst-case odds on my 2 recent surgeries. i had a doctor in Scotland that used the word "cancer" every other word when i had a cyst removed in my scrotum. there was no cancer
My post had nothing to do with doctors, though. It was about Bochy downplaying almost every injury.

scotsman#1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My post had nothing to do with doctors, though. It was about Bochy downplaying almost every injury.
doesn't he do like most managers and go with what the team doctors tell them? or does he just automatically lie like you appear to be suggesting? they told him that it should get better with sufficient rest well it didn't. wasn't lying just going with what the team doctors said

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
doesn't he do like most managers and go with what the team doctors tell them? or does he just automatically lie like you appear to be suggesting? they told him that it should get better with sufficient rest well it didn't. wasn't lying just going with what the team doctors said
When he told us about Scherzer he hadn't consulted a doctor again, at the time. Even afterwards, today is the first time we have been told Scherzer will get evaluated further.

Why does me wanting them not to downplay every injury bother you so much?

Myself, I have gotten to the point where I just won't trust anything Bochy is telling us about the health of the players, unless he is quoting a doctor. I took what he said about Scherzer this last time, with a grain of salt.

scotsman#1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When he told us about Scherzer he hadn't consulted a doctor again, at the time. Even afterwards, today is the first time we have been told Scherzer will get evaluated further.

Why does me wanting them not to downplay every injury bother you so much?

Myself, I have gotten to the point where I just won't trust anything Bochy is telling us about the health of the players, unless he is quoting a doctor. I took what he said about Scherzer this last time, with a grain of salt.
how did they downplay Scherzer's problem before putting him on the 15-day this time? and it's barely halfway thru the 15-days and he is being sent back to Arlington for further test. I don't feel that they are personally lying to me. injuries happen and sometimes they take more time to recover from in one player than another. when Scherzer was put on this 15-day it was at the recommendation of team doctors. if I felt that Bochy and Young were lying about everything I would give up all interest in the team

Bmurph

F the Houston Astros
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What a bad baseball team. You have to think there will be some wholesale changes. There is just no fight in thess guys for the most part, it doesn't appear.. They cant hit and the bullpen is even worse than they were last year, aside from a couple guys. The SP is now a big mess......what gives?

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It was a point of illustration, and little else. Don't be defensive........And this is Bochy's style of dealing with injuries.

Bmurph

F the Houston Astros
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Game on the line and tying runner at 3rd and the 0-3 Taveras batting .220 on the year is up and that's the guy you go with there Bochy?

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
From Adam Morris:

Speaking of the bullpen, the Ranger relievers under team control for 2025 who have at least 20 major league innings this year:

Jacob Latz
Grant Anderson

If we lower the threshold to 10 IP there’s also Cole Winn, Josh Sborz and Gerson Garabito.

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It was a point of illustration, and little else. Don't be defensive........And this is Bochy's style of dealing with injuries.
My original post had a meme from Monty Python. I was trying to keep it light. The defensiveness is on the part of the Bochy defense counsel.

I do want more forthrightness, though. It is getting to the point Woidward was at with the overzealous praise of his players. Lol

A simple "we will have to wait and see" will suffice, at times.

The overwhelming number of injuries makes it look a lot worse than it would in a normal season with normally healthy players. Had his tis-but-a-flesh-wound-like comments only been made 2 or 3 tines it would seem a lot less egregious.

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What a bad baseball team. You have to think there will be some wholesale changes. There is just no fight in thess guys for the most part, it doesn't appear.. They cant hit and the bullpen is even worse than they were last year, aside from a couple guys. The SP is now a big mess......what gives?
It has become a really big mess.

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
From Adam Morris:

Speaking of the bullpen, the Ranger relievers under team control for 2025 who have at least 20 major league innings this year:

Jacob Latz
Grant Anderson

If we lower the threshold to 10 IP there’s also Cole Winn, Josh Sborz and Gerson Garabito.

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There are still 7 teams in MLB with worse records than us, but there are 2 or 3 of those teams with a chance to catch us.

Bmurph

F the Houston Astros
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There are still 7 teams in MLB with worse records than us, but there are 2 or 3 of those teams with a chance to catch us.

World Series trophy aside, to say this has been an utter disappointment from the FA period, to the start of the season, until now, is a gross understatement. Hard to imagine a bigger flop than what has unfolded but I guess they could have finished dead last in MLB. I guess the White Sox are pretty awful, so that would have taken more effort

Kelleyman

Rebuild done....It all starts with pitching
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My original post had a meme from Monty Python. I was trying to keep it light. The defensiveness is on the part of the Bochy defense counsel.

I do want more forthrightness, though. It is getting to the point Woidward was at with the overzealous praise of his players. Lol

A simple "we will have to wait and see" will suffice, at times.

The overwhelming number of injuries makes it look a lot worse than it would in a normal season with normally healthy players. Had his tis-but-a-flesh-wound-like comments only been made 2 or 3 tines it would seem a lot less egregious.
I got the joke lol