• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: Rangers Travel to New York For Three Games With the Yankees August 9-11

Kelleyman

Rebuild done....It all starts with pitching
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah from my amateur standpoint Bochy minimizes injuries. We thought Jung would be ready and they delayed. Carter too
Pitchers have been Biden a lot. Sborz down outbid nowhere

To me Adolis is either injured or too muscled up to move

Definitely csnt take his word re injuries like gospel in my book.

Now is they good or bad / that is just a matter of opinion. Might effect other teams moves

Do think at the break we needed another bat assuming JUNG and Carter were good and back strong.
As a fan you do feel misled but I guess that is not unusual

So maybe selling was the best move. Really tough to say back then

Kelleyman

Rebuild done....It all starts with pitching
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also Eovaldi has I think 44 innings to pitch to vest. Not thinking this happens and probably best not to sign for any long term deal

saddles

Be Patient and Finish Right #TakeBackTX
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also Eovaldi has I think 44 innings to pitch to vest. Not thinking this happens and probably best not to sign for any long term deal
Jeff Wilson mentioned Eovaldi is 36 innings shy of vesting. That is probably 7 starts, I would think. If he goes on the DL and only misses 15 days, he would be in line to make 7 starts.

If he does make 7 more starts and if he does well, then there is a chance he passes up the option for a 4 or 5 year deal. If he does poorly he would probably exercise the option.

saddles

Be Patient and Finish Right #TakeBackTX
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
From Mark Parker about DH Peters, the former OF who is trying to become a pitcher in Hickory:

Peters is starting to get interesting. 1 run allowed over last 8 outings (9.2 IP) stretching back to early July , 14 Ks, 4 BBs, 6 H.

Velo is there, getting more bite w/ slider. Think he's done enough to get another shot at this in 2025.

fanman8825

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
It has become a really big mess.
It will be interesting to see when Degrom gets back. From a fan standpoint Degrom needs to pitch well along with Mahle. Bradford continues to get close to where he was in the spring.
Then the team can decide next year if the last 2 or 3 starting spots can be filled by a FA, Jon Gray, Dane Dunning or a young pitcher or two from RR or Frisco.
I hope the team carries a long relief guy who can start if needed. Similar to Urena but a younger guy with upside.