• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Has anyone else fallen in love with the Mets?

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm ok with losing all three

Manaeuuuugh was not good for us.
Cobb was never healthy
Rodin was too expensive

Gausman is the one that hurts.
I am good with all 4.

Manaea was a dumpster fire for us. Maybe it was how he was used, I will grant him that, but sometimes, two parties just don’t make a good fit.

Rodan made it clear he couldn’t stand Kapler, and he wasn’t happy here. That happens. And his first year in NY, he reverted back to his injury history while still getting paid the GDP of a medium European nation.

Cobb didn’t make sense from either direction at the time, but maybe he requested (or made it known he was open to) a trade? It looks like we got decent assets in return, so I am OK with this trade.

Gausman had absolutely zero track record after he busted out with us. Then he was demanding top-of-the-market dollars for way too many years. It is already looking like Toronto is starting the rough portion of that pact.

tzill

Lefty 99
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,064.42
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am good with all 4.

Manaea was a dumpster fire for us. Maybe it was how he was used, I will grant him that, but sometimes, two parties just don’t make a good fit.

Rodan made it clear he couldn’t stand Kapler, and he wasn’t happy here. That happens. And his first year in NY, he reverted back to his injury history while still getting paid the GDP of a medium European nation.

Cobb didn’t make sense from either direction at the time, but maybe he requested (or made it known he was open to) a trade? It looks like we got decent assets in return, so I am OK with this trade.

Gausman had absolutely zero track record after he busted out with us. Then he was demanding top-of-the-market dollars for way too many years. It is already looking like Toronto is starting the rough portion of that pact.
Lets look at Gausman:

(22, 23, 24)

IP: 174.2, 185, 181
GS: 31, 31, 31
ERA+: 115, 136, 105
WAR: 3.0, 3.4, 0.9
Salary: 21M, 21M, 24M

The only disappointing stat is his 2024 WAR. I think a case could be made that it's an outlier.

He's due 23M the next two seasons, so if he puts up 2.5 WAR or better each year it's a good deal.

At this juncture it looks like he was fairly paid.