• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

August, the Orioles, and the Trade Deadline all arrive: BAL @ TEX 8/1-3

scotsman1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I do think development should and does happen at the MILB level. For example Bubba was
charged to be selective with more pitches and ultimately get more walks which he did

To me he should be a call up but needs to play. To be able to do that some roster moves will be needed. We have Miller about to come off IL. I guess Hernandez goes back down

Ultimately if I a guy is ready then a bet or two should be released only if it allows needed playing time. Kole is the one glaring at us for this but I have my doubts they will release him
miller comes up it should be Solak that goes down

Reactions: DTC

Kelleyman

Rebuild done....It all starts with pitching
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
development is literally the reason MiLB exists.
Of course but is not Duran “developing” now as well at the MLB level?

Reason I said this is some guys are not ready yet for the big show IMO like Bubba was held back and some thought just bring him up and see what he can do. Sometimes that is not the best approach

scotsman1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Of course but is not Duran “developing” now as well at the MLB level?

Reason I said this is some guys are not ready yet for the big show IMO like Bubba was held back and some thought just bring him up and see what he can do. Sometimes that is not the best approach
when will Bubba be ready? is there a BA or Homeruns or Walks total etc that will alert us and the Rangers when he is officially ready?

saddles

Be Patient and Finish Right #TakeBackTX
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
running a team full of young guys out there is the worst thing the Rangers could do.
It is also impossible to do with Seager, Semien, Moore, Gray, and Perez on the team. Now, surrounding them with young guys is. If enough young guys are ever ready then I would be all for it.

Last edited:

scotsman1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Do you think Ragans has earned a call up.
yes in my book. i'm not in favor of running anyone up just for the sake of running them up. there are players that have earned a call-up like Ragans, Thompson, maybe even Winn + a couple of others who are close

WastinSomeTime

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Daniels was asked if the team’s play in August and September might impact Woodward’s job security.

“I think there’s real value in building momentum into 2023, for a host of reasons, really to do with our fans and the club and expectations into next year,” Daniels said. “I think we said pretty clearly we expect to take a step forward this year. We had hoped we could maybe over-achieve a little bit and be in playoff contention (in 2022). But as we’ve said all along, I really feel like next year, we expect to win.”

The follow-up question was more direct: What is your evaluation of the manager?

“One, we’ve been in the draft room and trade deadline here for the last three weeks,” Daniels said. “So probably if at any point, we’ve been a step away from the big-league club, it’s right now. We are where we are in the standings, but that is not a reflection of any one person or any one group. Ultimately, that’s really on the two of us (himself and Young) more than anybody else. And I think Woody and the staff are working tirelessly and doing everything they can do to continue to develop this group and push forward. But as far as evaluating individual departments or individual people, it’s not something that I want to do right now.”

Those answers were vague enough to allow for the possibility that Woodward could be back, but the lack of a full-throated vote of confidence is a departure from the past when Daniels stated in no uncertain terms that Woodward’s job was not in danger.
How can you develop the group if the players needing to be developed are not playing on an everyday basis but instead you play guys that have no future with this team.

Last edited:

WastinSomeTime

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Really hope he stays within himself and does very well.
running a team full of young guys out there is the worst thing the Rangers could do.
I can agree with that. That is why it is good to have Perez plus they will always have Seager and Simeon starting along with Lowe for now. Garcia is getting some seasoning. So I am good with the remainder being our young guys.

saddles

Be Patient and Finish Right #TakeBackTX
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Even players that develop in the minors often need a period of time to get acclimated to the big leagues. During that process it may appear that they can't cut it in the big leagues, but you don't really know for awhile. That is why it is hard to try and contend while also getting your young players the necessary experience at the big league level. If you try and contend too much and too fast, you will short circuit the last stages of the rebuild.

It may take several hundred consistent at bats or a couple hundred innings pitched.

scotsman1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How can you develop the group is the players needing to be developed are not playing on an everyday basis but instead you play guys that have no future with this team.
well someone who has the authority (hint: the FO) must make the decision to DFA those that have no future starting with the unneeded 3: Calhoun, Miller and Culberson and then there are at least 5 others that deadwood withering the vine. just sitting the unneeded 3 on the bench and not playing doesn't open up space for those who have earned a call-up

WastinSomeTime

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It is also impossible to do with Seager, Semien, Moore, Gray, and Perez on the team. Now, surrounding them with young guys is. If enough young guys are ever ready then I would be all for it.
I didn't see this earlier but I completely agree and alluded to what you are saying here after I posted it.

Kelleyman

Rebuild done....It all starts with pitching
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well thinking we have a roster move tomorrow

BULLPEN FAILURE

2023 World Series Champions
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Do you think Ragans has earned a call up.

I think he was most likely coming up in September, Gray getting hurt pushed his debut up a bit. I think they would have preferred his inning limit to be reached as the season ended.

Senator_fan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
The elephant in the room is the team refusing to let Burke start.
My take is that he’s too valuable to Woody to move out of that role right now. Woody is looking at wins to look good. Burke of course has earned a chance at starting a long time ago.