• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Up next on the Grill: Fried Oriole BAL @ TEX 4/3-5

armadillooutlaw

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Putting people in a position to succeed is huge for any business. Thinking Bochy has a real talent for this
For sure. He understands matchups and when to strategically use certain relievers.

BULLPEN FAILURE

2023 World Series Champions
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pitching may very well end up being the strength of the team.
Obviously, deGrom was fantastic today (unrelated, the dude looks like a giant of a man on the mound from the stands). Can't believe how good the bullpen has been.

crazy thing to me is that Bochy is an even bigger dude than deGrom

BULLPEN FAILURE

2023 World Series Champions
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
MLB Power Rankings: Who's No. 1 one week into the season?

13. Texas Rangers

Record: 4-2

Preseason ranking: 16

Texas overhauled its starting staff during the winter, but it was the offense that generated headlines after scoring 27 runs in its first two games against the NL pennant-winning Phillies. The Rangers returned to Earth with two losses to the Orioles, but they remain an intriguing team. Jacob deGrom's debut wasn't great but he still showed he can be a dominant pitcher as long as he's healthy. He followed that start with a six-inning outing against the Orioles in which he allowed two runs and struck out 11. The back end of the Rangers' rotation already seems better than it was last year.

There's no reason Bruce Bochy's squad can't contend for a wild card this season. Some unexpected performances -- rookie Josh Jung is off to a good start -- will help the Rangers' cause. -- Rogers

WastinSomeTime

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
MLB Power Rankings: Who's No. 1 one week into the season?

13. Texas Rangers

Record: 4-2

Preseason ranking: 16

Texas overhauled its starting staff during the winter, but it was the offense that generated headlines after scoring 27 runs in its first two games against the NL pennant-winning Phillies. The Rangers returned to Earth with two losses to the Orioles, but they remain an intriguing team. Jacob deGrom's debut wasn't great but he still showed he can be a dominant pitcher as long as he's healthy. He followed that start with a six-inning outing against the Orioles in which he allowed two runs and struck out 11. The back end of the Rangers' rotation already seems better than it was last year.

There's no reason Bruce Bochy's squad can't contend for a wild card this season. Some unexpected performances -- rookie Josh Jung is off to a good start -- will help the Rangers' cause. -- Rogers
I think I would have said he gave up 1 earned run. The BP has much better than I expected. Be nice if that was the norm but time will tell.

saddles

Be Patient and Finish Right #TakeBackTX
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

1. Frisco RoughRiders (Rangers, Double-A)
Carter (No. 40 on the Top 100) has one of the best batting eyes in the Minors, right-handers Owen White (No. 65) and Jack Leiter (No. 77) have frontline-starter upside and shortstop Luisangel Acuña (No. 70) is an explosive athlete if not quite as explosive as his older brother Ronald. The defending Texas League champions also feature two more of the best hitters in the Rangers system in outfielder Dustin Harris and infielder Thomas Saggese, another future rotation option in right-hander Tekoah Roby and fast-track reliever Marc Church.

DTC

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know its early, but it is funny that we all thought the bullpen was the weak spot of the team and they’re currently the #1 bullpen in mlb.
That’s the way baseball go

Kelleyman

Rebuild done....It all starts with pitching
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Except below

Watching the camera pan to the Rangers' dugout during their opening weekend sweep of the defending NL champion Phillies was a great reminder of how much faster you can trust a team with a guy like Bochy at the helm. ….

. Bochy alone cannot and will not determine the fate of the Rangers' season — the health of the pitching staff and the depth of the lineup will — but it does feel like we may have undersold the importance of his hiring.

Nightcrawler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know its early, but it is funny that we all thought the bullpen was the weak spot of the team and they’re currently the #1 bullpen in mlb.
That’s the way baseball go
In fairness, I thought the bullpen would be decent with Hernandez and leclerc back. With dunning and Hearn filling holes.

Reactions: DTC

Nightcrawler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Next series is a weird one. We have fridays game on Apple TV and all 3 games are in the afternoon.

is it common for the cubs to overload on afternoon games? I wouldn’t know because I think we’ve only been to Wrigley once or twice total.

saddles

Be Patient and Finish Right #TakeBackTX
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Next series is a weird one. We have fridays game on Apple TV and all 3 games are in the afternoon.

is it common for the cubs to overload on afternoon games? I wouldn’t know because I think we’ve only been to Wrigley once or twice total.
The were the last team to install lights so they used to play all day games there. I think their tradition causes them to schedule a lot of home day games.

Their first night game was on 8-8-1988.

Nightcrawler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The were the last team to install lights so they used to play all day games there. I think their tradition causes them to schedule a lot of home day games.

Their first night game was on 8-8-1988.
Glad I’m a ranger fan then. I’m not a big fan of day games.